One must moisturize once a night

chai2

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 10:51 pm
@roger,
Oh sure there's a lot of products. I'm just wondering how he decides what to try.

Suggestions from friends? Reviews?
roger

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 10:54 pm
@chai2,
I knew that. I was just pulling your leg.

For really dry skin, Eucerin Smoothing Repair is about tops, but I doubt that is what you are asking for. By the way, I got a recommendation for the product line right here on a2k.
chai2

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2017 12:53 am
@roger,
Fortunately I won the crap shoot for good skin genes. As far as my face I just use soap and water, no moisturizers. Only thing I do for my skin is make sure I wear a good sunscreen when I go swimming.

Morgan really enjoys his skin regime, and I bet it's really relaxing for him.

I'd never remember to do any of the stuff he does. I had been thinking about some things I do to relax or just feel good about myself. Money spent on something you enjoy is worth it to you, but might seem extravagant or confusing to others. I was just being curious about how he determines what to buy, and if he sometimes uses just a portion of the product, and tosses it.

Sometimes I mix Epsom salts with a little olive or avocado oil as a scrub, but that's it. That feels really good.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2017 05:52 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Serious question. How long does it take you to go through a container of some of these products?

How do you decide what to buy?

Not sure, I haven't finished a whole container yet. I've been trying different products to find the one I like best.

I have a subscription to Glamour Magazine! That is how I find most of the products I use. Cool
MMarciano

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2017 06:00 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I have a subscription to Glamour Magazine! That is how I find most of the products I use. Cool

You know if you hadn't posted this nobody would have guessed you were gay! Rolling Eyes Very Happy
chai2

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2017 06:23 pm
@MMarciano,
Wait, what?

Morgan is gay?
jcboy

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2017 08:25 am
@chai2,
As a goose! Razz
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2017 08:34 am
@margo,
I just swathe myself in a sheet, wear gloves and a conical bamboo peasant hat, and sport a parasol — no sunscreen for me!

chai2

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2017 01:15 pm
@hightor,
Can't do that when you swim though.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2017 01:55 pm
@chai2,
It's impossible for him to go through any of it, he's got that crap stashed all over the house. Ten of everything, he's a hoarder!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2017 03:52 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
I've been trying different products to find the one I like best.

that's what samples are for. most brands will give you a week or 10 days worth of samples (esp. once you get to know the clerks at a good shop). There's no point in wasting jars of potions or $ if you're not sure the stuff is going to do what you want it to.

Now given that, the only products I use regularly are Vichy. Anything else I get samples - and if théy're not better than the Vichy equivalent, the only thing I've wasted is a tiny amount of packaging.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2017 04:00 pm
@roger,
I remember that - lots of us like Eucerin products.
Krumple

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2017 04:20 pm
@ossobucotemp,
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again."
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2017 12:05 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I’m trying out a couple new facemasks by Purify. One is an Australian red clay and the other is Moroccan ghassoul clay. Not sure which one I like better but either one is better than the Lancome face mask. That stuff dries too hard on your face. Mad

http://oi66.tinypic.com/iyg4uo.jpg

Report back!
HaraGreen

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2017 12:53 am
A good moisturizer prevents a skin from drying or becoming too oily but aside from it, we should also be applying a sunblock to protect our skin from too much heat from the sun.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 05:25 pm
@margo,
Well I didn’t care for the Purify facemasks, especially the red clay mask. It took forever to wash off, and the facial sponge? Might as well throw it away after the first use, couldn’t get the red out of it. I gave the Purify to a girl I work with.

I’m trying out the facemask from L'Oreal, much much better.

http://oi67.tinypic.com/21l6dkp.jpg
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2017 05:14 am
@jcboy,
Freak Laughing
jcboy

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2017 06:30 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Get out of my thread Anthony Cool
0 Replies

Tressie Dawson

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2018 05:17 am
@jcboy,
Moisturizing is a very important thing. Moisturizing after a shower is very important because hot water strips all the moisture and oils out of your skin, leaving it parched and dry. One should always use a good quality moisturizer with natural ingredients. I think moisturizing is must for all.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Fri 4 May, 2018 07:19 pm
I’m seeking professional help, he needs it, he's a hot mess, and cancelling his subscription to his beauty magazines. I pulled out about a quarter of his facial products out of his home office desk and this is what I find. These products are useless and they are going in the garbage! Mad

https://image.ibb.co/jZMHDn/IMG_1193.jpg