MMarciano

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 09:17 am
@jcboy,
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
margo

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 03:27 pm
@MMarciano,
Razz Very Happy
It's a boy thing. Of course you didn't read the instructions!
0 Replies

Keith424

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 05:34 pm
@jcboy,
Same ol Morgan. Laughing
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2015 06:11 pm
The L’Oreal mega moisturizer for your hair is crap! Boy I didn’t care for that at all, kind of like putting jello in your hair.

Now the American Crew products for your hair I really like, in fact I don’t think I would even go back to the kiehl's hair products ever again, plus I discovered American Crew has a shaving cream that’s pretty good, kiehl’s has one but I didn’t care for it, too thick and clogged up my razor. Cool
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2015 10:46 am
@jcboy,
Odd ball Very Happy
jcboy

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2015 05:46 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Next time you visit CA I’m taking you to South Coast Plaza, there is this neat beauty supply store there you would love, plus you might just get some great make-up tips. Razz
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2015 06:19 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Better take his advice Anthony, my hubby is looking prettier everyday Smile
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 11:20 am
While at the Mall yesterday they gave me a demonstration on some new age defying cream called Gratiae. I liked the product until the sales girl told me it was $399.99 for 1.7 fl oz . For that price it better come with someone to wash our cars and clean the house for a month. Cool
MMarciano

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 11:36 am
@jcboy,
You are now officially banned from that mall!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 04:26 pm
@jcboy,
i like the cosmetic counter at Nordstrom's. I suspect Nordstrom's has managed to microchip me with some sort of device that alerts the make-up mavens to my presence in the store. If I want to buy a certain lipstick, I wind up leaving with 3 lipsticks, a mascara, 4 eyeshadows and a few eyeliners, if I'm careful. After the rep is satisfied that I can't be coaxed into a few more lipsticks, she usually asks "How are you doing on night creams, day creams, neck creams, eye creams and creamity creams, creams creams. I always tell them i"m fully stocked. If you give them an in, they will start plying you with miracle stuff thats overpriced, overblown and doesn't deliver miracles.

My aha moment came when the clerk was busy hawking a whole line of products that (I'm not kidding) only worked if used together. I was getting confused about which product was which and asked exactly what is the purpose of the pre-moisturizer, when she replying "It prepares your skin for the moisturizer" my bullshit meter sounded. It was then it occurred to me how many jars of fancy creams were sitting in the back of my closet, some that had been there so long that the ingredients had separated or gone rancid. God only knows how much money I spent on fancy pants cream over the years. I've gone back to the basics, I will no longer pay $42 for a jar of mascara remover when the same size jar of Pond's Cold Cream does the same thing, even better for under $10.

I know, I know. Pond's doesn't have the same aura of glamour that others do, but it works .
MMarciano

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 04:58 pm
@glitterbag,
I wish he had bought some of that ponds cold cream.

He’s a hoarder. You have no idea the products he has stashed around this house. He’s got enough shampoo, facial cleanser and wrinkle cream to last an elephant five years! He ran out of room in the bathroom and now he has it stashed in his home office desk drawers.

One of his co-workers told me he’s even got that crap at work! Rolling Eyes
glitterbag

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 05:31 pm
@MMarciano,
I've got a pretty good idea. In addition to all the freaking creams stored in boxes, I also have an even larger supply of lipsticks, lip gloss, blushes, compact powder, eye shadows (in every form possible) eye liners, and I haven't even gotten around to the foundations (makeup not undergarments). If it will help I'll send you a picture of my arsenal. I'm older than jcboy, so I had many more years to collect fancy pants creams and cosmetics.

The problem with Pond's is not quality, its just old and the the
stuff my Mom and Grandmother used as opposed to all the glam stuff you can find in Nordstrom's. My mother had beautiful skin her entire life and she used Dial soap. My mother-in-law lived to be 86 and she also had beautiful skin, but she didn't use soap on her face and used that old Oil of Olay. Personally, I only use moisturizers in the winter when the furnace is running. But everyone is different, some women can use fancy creams every 2 hours and still look like and old catchers mitt.

Men do have an advantage in that their facial skin is thicker than women's and less prone to wrinkles.
jcboy

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 05:28 pm
@glitterbag,
Well something must be working because I always get carded when trying t buy booze Cool
jcboy

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 06:28 pm
@jcboy,
oppsi I meant to say I never get carded lol Razz
glitterbag

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 08:05 pm
@jcboy,
I have shoes older than you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 08:12 pm
@jcboy,
I get carded and I'm 73, carded just today. Depends on the person who is the clerk . State law, I gather.

New Mexico sort of reminds me of my surprise when I flew, and flew to my favorite aunt's memorial in Idaho. You had to go to a state store.. to get a bottle of wine as a gift.

Here, they still wait for noon on Sunday. I have a bunch of guesses and funny thoughts about that, but don't know.

I suppose the ACLU is busy enough.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 08:52 pm
@ossobuco,
The deal is for forbearance about all of us arming up, but jeopardy re a person trying to buy some wine on Sunday morning is silly city.

The bible demands it?
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 02:48 pm
@ossobuco,
Here in Florida you can't buy any wine until after 11:00 am on Sunday! How silly is that?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 03:09 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
It's incrementally less silly than waiting until noon, EPete.

Some of us californians have shocks to our systems when venturing elsewhere.

I don't know if you folks know a2k's long time poster (but not much so these days), Diane, well loved by a2k's Dyslexia, who died a while back; both liked/loved by many.

Diane and her ex used to have a place in Florida and one of her sons lives in the state now (he's neat too, of course, but isn't here on a2k). She and I went out for a snack today - my maple frosted donut is resting in my refrigerator, but I did have coffee - and talked about Florida/Jeb Bush. Oy.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 03:38 pm
Diane -
http://able2know.org/user/diane/
her profile will give a clue..
0 Replies