Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

Baldimo

Reply Tue 12 May, 2015 11:12 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Can't point out a half truth, eh?

It was listed, how did you miss it? I'll it copy here since you missed it the first time.
Quote:
There is a difference between what they think the govt should do and what private charities should do. You guys on the left think govt should do it all, no matter the cost. Most religious people believe that private charities do a better job then govt charities. A majority of local churches have local out reach to the poor in their communities. They think their money is better suited to this then the govt taking it and telling them how it will be spent.

I'll start with this one. When are you going to admit that you are a Democrat? It's really is foolish to keep lying to yourself this way.

Quote:
You've turned into a sort of carpfart. Shame, that.

Wrong again Bob. You just can't read or miss things on purpose.

Quote:
Meanwhile I've been going through my third cancer surgery in two years and my mother died.

Sorry to hear about your mother, and I hope your cancer goes away. Surgery of any kind sucks.

Quote:
That'll get me banned???

You can't deny that you have been banned before, don't play the innocent.
parados

Reply Tue 12 May, 2015 11:16 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo,
There are no bans unless someone is posting spam links.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 12 May, 2015 11:18 am
@parados,
Wrong Parados. Bob and a couple other people were banned about a month or so ago because of some really nasty exchanges they had on the forum. Please try and keep up...

revelette2

Reply Tue 12 May, 2015 11:25 am
Now this is just funny, have no idea where to put it....

Quote:
The 47 letter writers, otherwise known as virtually all the Republicans in the Senate, have put pen to paper again.

Led once more by self-proclaimed international law expert Tom Cotton, the Senators have written to the Queen of England to express their profound displeasure at not being consulted about the new royal baby name.

Their latest missive was delivered to Buckingham Palace today and stated the following:

Dear Queen Elizabeth II, or if you prefer, dear Supreme Ruler of Great Britain,

It has come to our attention through leading diplomatic sources -- People Magazine, The National Enquirer and The New York Post -- that Her Royal Highness, Kate the Duchess of God-Knows-Where, has given birth to a child and named it Charlotte, Elizabeth, Diana without our permission.

We Americans would have undoubtedly chosen Jolene, Mary Lou or Tammy Fay. Thus, we consider the names that you have picked to be nuclear options and reflective of the growing proliferation in your country of names that are too British-sounding, to say the least.

This is unacceptable to us and may fundamentally undermine diplomatic relations between our two great nations. (Well we're great. You however, are not, despite the fact that you still use the word "Great" in your country's name.)

We are therefore writing to remind you that as you are a signatory of the North Atlantic Treaty Alliance -- the entente that established NATO just in case you didn't know -- you will have to obtain agreement from the US Government before this baby's name becomes official.

And although you may be tempted to deal with our lame duck and chicken-livered President, Barack Obama, on this matter, please be advised that Congress alone has the power to approve royal baby names! Which means dear Madam, you are going to have to negotiate with us!

So given our declared opposition to your chosen names, we would urge you to submit alternatives for our consideration. If Jolene, Mary Lou or Tammy Fay do not pass royal muster, we are prepared, in the interests of diplomacy, to consider Billie Jo, Peggy Sue, or Trixie Bell. At a push, we might even be persuaded to approve Chardonnay.

We hope this clarifies our position with regard to the royal baby name and we look forward to hearing from you forthwith.

As news of the letter to the Queen reverberated around Washington D.C., and outrage about it increased, 46 of the 47 Republican Senators who signed it ran for cover, leaving Tom Cotton holding the bag -- or as Brits like to say, holding the baby.

Cotton, in a desperate attempt to avoid an international incident, said: "OK, OK, Chardonnay might be a name too far. Trixie Bell it is then! I will introduce a bill to that effect tomorrow and I expect it to be passed quickly by my colleagues in the House and the Senate."

In a statement released by Buckingham Palace, the Queen also made her views known on the letter from the 47. She said: I would like to thank the 47 Republican Senators for sharing their thoughts with me on this matter. And I would particularly like to thank their ancestors for the American Declaration of Independence."

source
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 12 May, 2015 11:45 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
parados wrote:
Baldimo,
There are no bans unless someone is posting spam links.

Wrong Parados. Bob and a couple other people were banned about a month or so ago because of some really nasty exchanges they had on the forum. Please try and keep up...

To me the word ban implies something permanent. I would refer to a temporary measure as a suspension.

But yes, a2k has started providing one-week suspensions for extreme cases of name-calling between members.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 12 May, 2015 11:53 am
@oralloy,
Semantics, but I'll accept it.

Bob and a couple other members were suspended about a month ago for rude behavior to each other.
oralloy

Reply Tue 12 May, 2015 12:11 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
Semantics, but I'll accept it.
Bob and a couple other members were suspended about a month ago for rude behavior to each other.

The first occurrence was a three-way suspension between me, izzythepush, and bobsal.

The second was bobsal and giujohn.

Since then there were a number of cases involving bobsal, but I was unable to figure out what exactly was the event that triggered it or whether anyone else was also suspended.

Interestingly, there was a case where "what's her face" (I don't remember the name already) erupted in a name-calling tirade at me, I reported it instead of responding in kind since I didn't feel like sharing another suspension, and the moderators let the name-calling stand. I then retaliated against her with no repercussions, and pretty quickly ended up putting her on ignore.

So not every case of extreme name-calling gets suspended. I have no idea what makes one bout of name-calling acceptable and another not.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 06:02 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
There is a difference between what they think the govt should do and what private charities should do. You guys on the left think govt should do it all, no matter the cost. Most religious people believe that private charities do a better job then govt charities. A majority of local churches have local out reach to the poor in their communities. They think their money is better suited to this then the govt taking it and telling them how it will be spent.

I'll start with this one. When are you going to admit that you are a Democrat? It's really is foolish to keep lying to yourself this way.

That's an opinion. point out any supported degree of truth, half or so, anywhere in it.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 06:04 am
@Baldimo,
Prove that lie.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 06:05 am
@Baldimo,
Prove that lie. Repeating it doesn't prove it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 06:11 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Have you read, or seen performed J. B. Priestley's An Inspector Calls? The character of Mrs Birling who runs the local charity is probably the nastiest most judgemental person in the whole play. Religious bigots like her want to keep hold of charity because it allows them to make the value judgement of undeserving and deserving poor. State organisations make no such judgement, welfare is based on need, not some bigot's twisted idea of morality.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 07:14 am
@izzythepush,
Not yet but I will look it up.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 07:47 am
I do not trust the voting machines and I do not have faith in fair US elections due to these machines.

Wherever there is a republican and a voting machine there is the definite possibility of tampering.

The republicans are not going to take our country back, they are going to attempt to steal our country back, like they steal the food from the mouths of old ladies and young children.

Our voting system needs more transparency and accountability.

FIX IT for it is not working anymore!

How can someone tamper with an electronic voting machine?
http://people.howstuffworks.com/vote-tampering.htm

If voting machines can be tampered with they are no longer viable and are obsolete.

There should be a unique number on a ballot that a voter can access and verify their vote was and still is counted. Checks and balances people, we are guaranteed that through our constitution and these voting machines are a clear impediment to our democracy!!!

Instead of allowing the republicans to, as they say, "take our country back" or steal, buy and wrench our country from the voters and politicians how about if the repugs are required to win our country back fair and square? I know, what a novel idea huh?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 08:18 am
@bobsal u1553115,
There might be an old B&W version available on youtube.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 08:58 am
In Wyoming, Taking A Photo Of A Polluted Stream Could Land You In Jail
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2015/05/13/3657795/wyoming-pollution-photography-jail-time/

Republicans squeal about big government and then look what they do...

And, I wonder if in hind sight privatizing the voting machines was a good idea... Now the Kochs are buying up voting machines, sound like a conflict of interest to you?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 12:46 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Why bother trying to prove it? It happened, you admitted that it happened about a week after you came back online, and Orally has confirmed that it happened.

Trying to prove it in your eyes is a lost cause since you would deny it anyways. You like Rabbel, are a big demander of proof, but you always seem to fall short of your own demands. If there is anyone who is like CJ, it is you my friend.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 12:48 pm
@TheCobbler,
You site an article from 2007 as proof of the lack of security for voter machines? Come on Rex, you can do better than that.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 01:32 pm
@Baldimo,
So now that the voting machine are bought up by the Koch brothers they must be much more reliable, right? Considering how much the Koch brothers value democracy huh? (cynical)

Wisconsin to buy “all new voting machines”—and Koch/Walker will go on “winning” there FOREVER!
http://markcrispinmiller.com/2012/08/mcm-wisconsin-to-buy-all-new-voting-machines-and-kochwalker-will-go-on-winning-there-forever/

Kochs sent hundreds of thousands of fake voter registration mailings in North Carolina
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/09/30/1333372/-Kochs-sent-hundreds-of-thousands-fake-voter-registration-mailings-in-North-nbsp-Carolina

Sound like the Koch's and their GOP sell-outs value a fair election to you?

Koch Brothers Pressuring Thousands Of Employees To Vote For Mitt Romney
http://disinfo.com/2012/10/koch-brothers-pressuring-thousands-of-employees-to-vote-for-mitt-romney/

Are the Koch Brothers Messing With Your Voting Rights?
http://www.truthdig.com/avbooth/item/are_the_koch_brothers_messing_with_your_voting_rights_20111108

This disrespect for our voting rights is a pattern established long ago by the Koch brothers and the repugs...

Rand Paul Still Supports Voter ID Laws That Are 'Offending People'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/13/rand-paul-voting_n_5317028.html

GOP candidate busted for potential voter fraud! The story of Leslie Rutledge
http://www.salon.com/2014/10/03/gop_candidate_busted_for_potential_voter_fraud_the_story_of_leslie_rutledge/

Republican Voter Fraud Found as Scott Walker Supporter Charged With 13 Felonies In Wisconsin
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/06/24/republican-voter-fraud-scott-walker-supporter-charged-13-felonies-wisconsin.html

Republican U.S. House Staffers Indicted for Felony Election Fraud as GOP Fraud Epidemic Continues
http://www.bradblog.com/?p=9467

Nationwide GOP Voter Registration Fraud Scandal Widens, Becomes Criminal Matter in Florida
http://www.bradblog.com/?p=9598

The republicans appoint a GOP led committee to investigate voter fraud... Sound like a tiny bit of a conflict of interest to you?

Voter registration fraud claims singe GOP
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/voter-registration-fraud-claims-singe-gop/

...And you were saying Dimo?
Suddenly the GOP has found religion? The GOP can NEVER be trusted EVER!
Baldimo

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 01:56 pm
@TheCobbler,
First off, where to start with all of this...

None of your stories have any credible information let alone from credible sources. None of them have any follow up on what actually happened. It is weak proof of nothing all the way around. Everything is either from a blog or a far left wing outlet. If these were the stories of fraud you want them to be, you would find sources to these stories on the MSM, namely NBC, CBS, ABC and CNN. I'm leaving Foxnews and MSNBC out of the mix due to bias.

You had one story from CBS, but once again no follow up story, just the accusations.
parados

Reply Wed 13 May, 2015 02:54 pm
@Baldimo,
I agree Baldimo. There is as much proof of voting machines being hacked as there is of illegals voting in elections. Without some strong evidence, it's specious to make the association.