Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

oralloy

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2021 06:17 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:
specifically it would block him from the 2024 POTUS run he already has his sights on...

Only if he is convicted. What are the odds of that?
oralloy

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2021 06:18 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:
Below is what the NYT says about it all.

Why Remove Trump Now? A Guide to Trump's Impeachment
Quote:
Once the Senate receives the impeachment charge, it must immediately take up the issue, as articles of impeachment carry the highest privilege. Under rules in place for decades, impeachment is the only issue the Senate can consider while a trial is underway; it cannot simultaneously consider other legislative business.

But Mr. Biden has asked Mr. McConnell whether it would be possible to alter that rule, allowing the Senate to conduct Mr. Trump’s impeachment trial on a parallel track to consideration of his cabinet nominees, splitting its days between the two. Mr. McConnell told Mr. Biden he would consult with the Senate parliamentarian on whether that would be possible.

If such a bifurcated process were not possible, House Democrats might choose to hold back the article to allow Mr. Biden time to win confirmation of his team before a trial got underway.

Delaying the trial will only make an acquittal even more likely.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2021 06:27 pm
@oralloy,
When Trump put out that video yesterday, condemning the violence of the siege on 1/6, was he lying?
Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2021 06:28 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
He doesn't have the votes to get anything controversial passed, or to get any controversial nominees confirmed.

Is there anyone in Biden’s possible cabinet that you object to? And if so, why?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_of_Joe_Biden
oralloy

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2021 06:33 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I know nothing about most of them. I don't know enough to know whether I object or not.
snood

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2021 06:33 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Quote:
He doesn't have the votes to get anything controversial passed, or to get any controversial nominees confirmed.

Is there anyone in Biden’s possible cabinet that you object to? And if so, why?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_of_Joe_Biden

Ooh! I can answer that one! He’ll object to them all! Because they’re Biden’s choices!
oralloy

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2021 06:35 pm
@snood,
That's not a bad option. It's important to undermine and oppose Mr. Biden.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2021 06:36 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:
house majority whip Clyburn has floated the idea of delaying the trial for 100 days, which would give
the Biden administration time for new policy implementation...

It's not like he has the votes to pass anything controversial in the first place.

But holding back the trial will just make an acquittal even more likely.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2021 06:37 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
When Trump put out that video yesterday, condemning the violence of the siege on 1/6, was he lying?

I have no idea. I don't pay much attention to what politicians say.

The attacks on police officers was violence and was wrong. Was he referring to the attacks on police officers?
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2021 06:37 pm
@oralloy,
Then why do you assume they are controversial without knowing anything about them?
oralloy

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2021 06:39 pm
@Rebelofnj,
???
I made no such assumption.
NSFW (view)
Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2021 06:43 pm
@oralloy,
Your full quote was
Quote:
It's not like Mr. Biden is going to achieve much anyway. He doesn't have the votes to get anything controversial passed, or to get any controversial nominees confirmed.

https://able2know.org/topic/267070-1281#post-7101387

So you did assume that Biden was going to nominate someone controversial.
oralloy

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2021 06:45 pm
@Rebelofnj,
That is incorrect.

"Saying that he cannot get anyone controversial confirmed" is not "saying that he has nominated someone who is controversial."

I do sometimes misspeak, but here I said exactly what I meant, and I meant no more than what I said.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2021 07:01 pm
@oralloy,
About that Uncle Tom film, I am a bit skeptical about its apparently high reception. It only has 3 professional critical reviews on Rotten Tomatoes; for comparison, Small Axe: Mangrove has 121 critical reviews and Da 5 Bloods (which was released around around same time as Uncle Tom) has 285 critical reviews.

As for its IMDB rating (9/10 from 4,773 users), it seems it was targeted so that could get high ratings. It appears all of the reviews were by users who had only written only one review and the usernames are very generic.

I highly doubt it is better than Citizen Kane (which has a rating of 8.6/10 from over 400,000 users)
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2021 08:04 pm
@Rebelofnj,
You're asking for the impossible, that poor lost soul is just parroting the ideas he hears spouted by the lowest of the low. Those addle-pated blowhards too lazy to apply themselves to succeed who just tear down others because they know deep down in their hearts it's their own fear of inferiority that cripples them. Maybe they had parents who withheld approval and they feel unloved. Maybe they are so full of resentment they absolutely have to lash out at others just because they suspect that others had the childhood or life style they were denied. That's why they are helpless to avoid the evil charm of a brutal sociopath like Donald Trump. To keep Donald pleased the have to hate everyone that skid mark hates. It's only a matter of time before skid-mark turns on them...and they know it, it keeps them unbalanced and unsure of themselves.

I don't know why people stay with abusers, (abusive partners, abusive boss, follow abusive political tyrants) if we ever solve that issue perhaps all these poor souls will learn to stand on their own two feet and defeat that fear that holds them hostage to these foul abusers.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2021 02:59 am
Ex-Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder And 8 Others Criminally Charged In Flint Water Crisis
https://www.npr.org/2021/01/14/956924155/ex-michigan-gov-rick-snyder-and-8-others-criminally-charged-in-flint-water-crisi

Comment:
It seems poisoning a whole city is a crime..
hingehead

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2021 06:27 am
@TheCobbler,
Political correctness gone mad!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2021 12:54 pm

https://iili.io/KmXE0P.jpg
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2021 12:59 pm
What America needs to do to avoid the next election crisis, according to a new report.

0 Replies