Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:36 am
@snood,
It is from today's hearings for Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett.

Sen. Lindsey Graham to Barrett: "One of the reasons you can say with confidence that you think Brown vs The Board of Education is 'super precedent' is you're not aware of any effort to go back to the good old days of segregation by a legislative body, is that correct?"

CBS News posted the clip on their Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/CBSNews/videos/408096606866474/
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:39 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkBYHrq-hoA[/youtube]

C’mon, man. Even someone as kneejerk left-wing reactionary as I am can see Lady G was trying to make a flip sarcastic point that Brown is a super-precedent because no one seriously wants to go back to those “good ole days”.

Let’s don’t play the republican’s game of out-of-context clips... they need it because they don’t have any tools based in truth and good policy.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:49 am
@snood,

imo, something as serious as a judiciary hearing is no place for a flippant remark like that.

save it for the press conference...
oralloy

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:52 am
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:
Except Bork's nomination was put to a vote and he was rejected, partly because of his involvement in Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre.
Whereas Garland's nomination was never put into a vote, mainly because of bipartisan politics and nothing regarding Garland's public record.

The mechanics may differ, but both were unjustly rejected when both deserved to be confirmed.
oralloy

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:53 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
they need it because they don't have any tools based in truth and good policy.

Upholding the Second Amendment is good policy.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 09:12 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

imo, something as serious as a judiciary hearing is no place for a flippant remark like that.

save it for the press conference...

Maybe so, but it was obviously flippant. From your brief post it could easily be construed that he was longing nostalgically for segregation. C’mon, man - you see that.
Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 09:56 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
both were unjustly rejected

You previously said Garland's nomination not getting a vote was "justified payback" for Bork being rejected.
Now you are saying both were unjustly rejected.

Plus, Bork seemed to be more controversial than Reagan's other 4 Supreme Court appointees, all of whom conservative leaning (though Kennedy and O'Connor were considered swing votes) and had wider bipartisan support.
oralloy

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 10:04 am
@Rebelofnj,
Unjustly rejecting Garland was justified payback for Bork's unjust rejection.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 10:15 am
https://cdn.creators.com/218/288595/288595_image.jpg
https://cdn.creators.com/209/288592/288592_image.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 11:24 am
@snood,
Quote:
it could easily be construed that he was longing nostalgically for segregation
i wouldn't put it past him...
coldjoint

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 12:49 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Quote:
it could easily be construed that he was longing nostalgically for segregation
i wouldn't put it past him...

Put it past "them". Biden has a racist record when compared to Graham's.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:06 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Quote:
Dealing an injustice to Merrick Garland rectified the injustice that was done to Mr. Bork.

Except Bork's nomination was put to a vote and he was rejected, partly because of his involvement in Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre.

Whereas Garland's nomination was never put into a vote, mainly because of bipartisan politics and nothing regarding Garland's public record.

.....and, to abort the Trump/Turtle injustices, the court will be expanded to 12. Except, Democrats nominate Justices than revere Justice, Equality, Democracy and the Constitution! Unlike the radical right wing listing bigoted replies.......
BillW

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:25 pm
If the abominable ACB gets nominated - this will make three Justices on the court that participate in the Gore/Bush Florida recount who added in litigation related to the only presidential contest to be decided by the high court. Bush then nominated all three to the court. Do we have a pattern here?
coldjoint

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 09:00 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
Do we have a pattern here?

Yes we do. I have asked you twice why Barrett is shameful and what she lied about, twice. The pattern is you not answering.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2020 06:46 am
Been in line about a half hour, and in that time another 75-100 people lined up behind me
oralloy

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2020 08:11 am
@BillW,
BillW wrote:
Democrats nominate Justices than revere Justice, Equality, Democracy and the Constitution!

Wrong. Democrats nominate justices who deliberately allow people's Constitutional rights to be violated for no reason, and violating people's Constitutional rights for no reason is hardly justice.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2020 08:17 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Been in line about a half hour, and in that time another 75-100 people lined up behind me

Have they told you who they are voting for?
snood

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2020 10:39 am
@coldjoint,
I don’t think asking people who they’re voting for while they’re standing in line to vote is a particularly smart idea.

But I can tell you that every last one of the people within my sight (the line was long and went around several corners) who stopped to pick up voter information was picking up flyers at the Democratic table and not the Republican one.

Ragman

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2020 02:50 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

But I can tell you that every last one of the people within my sight (the line was long and went around several corners) who stopped to pick up voter information was picking up flyers at the Democratic table and not the Republican one.

That is due to one possibility: Republican illiteracy
snood

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2020 02:59 pm
@Ragman,
Lol
That’s a distinct possibility, but in this case I’m thinking it was because most of the early in-person voters there were democrats.