Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2020 04:06 pm
@coldjoint,
Hillary is not the crooked one...

Uhhh, I trust Hillary.

George Soros is also a great American and has more truth in his big toe than Trump, the republican congress and the entire White House staff.

Hillary is a saint to me, a "real" Christian, a great stateswoman, a judicious progressive and a moral compass for US Constitutional values..

Her charity work has saved many thousands of lives and she continues to be the backbone of what is still good in this country.

You on the other hand have swallowed the crappy Trump lies whole and you are sick with the right wing disease of corruption.

You would not know moral character if it was right in your face.

I 100% trust Soros and Hillary.

Trump is a crook.

So you didn't read it... Because you are too stupid.

snood

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2020 04:09 pm
@TheCobbler,
It’s tragic how so many people believed every negative suspicion about Hillary, and disbelieved every negative fact about Trump.
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2020 04:10 pm

This ad was paid for by former republicans.

I was once a republican. But I am not a total fool..
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2020 04:15 pm
@snood,
Yes Snood, and 4 years later after all of Trump's corrupt dealings and lies, we are supposed to still be believing the Russian propaganda made up about Hillary?

I saw through that right wing fake news propaganda right from the start and I have never once wavered in my respect for Hillary Clinton...

0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2020 04:34 pm
DONALD TRUMP LIED ABOUT _____________________!

Fill in the blank, 25,000 possible answers (you can't go wrong).
hingehead

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2020 06:27 pm
@BillW,
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c8/Infinite.svg/200px-Infinite.svg.png
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2020 06:29 pm
So tell me why even though everyone with two brain cells know if Trumps mouth is moving he is lying the media presents everything the lying piece of shut says as absolute truth? I blame the media for this as it is owned by the big money people Trump is fronting for. They should all suffer for the lying crap they produce for their businesses.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2020 07:18 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

So tell me why even though everyone with two brain cells know if Trumps mouth is moving he is lying the media presents everything the lying piece of shut says as absolute truth? I blame the media for this as it is owned by the big money people Trump is fronting for. They should all suffer for the lying crap they produce for their businesses.

You can't be serious. The media hates Trump.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 02:15 am
The very definition of "white privilege" is denying a Black president the right to appoint a supreme court judge in an election year and then allowing a white president to elect a supreme court judge less than a month away from an election.

This appointment is unconstitutional, ALL MEN ARE CERATED EQUAL.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 02:35 am
Corruption warps policy priorities to favor the politically connected
In addition to specific instances of favoritism, corruption leads to misplaced priorities from lawmakers. Constantly surrounded by donors, and constantly seeking to please them in order to obtain further contributions, politicians can adopt the priorities of the very wealthy as their own.

Take the recently passed tax bill. Originally touted as a means of helping the middle-class, the final bill was a massive boon for the wealthiest Americans. It creates a number of new loopholes and special rates for the well-connected. In 2018 alone, the top 1 percent of Americans by income will receive an average tax cut of more than $50,000. And in 2027— after individual tax cuts expire but the permanent corporate tax cuts remain—83 percent of the gains from the bill go to the wealthiest 1 percent of Americans. Meanwhile, the bill would actually increase taxes on 92 million working and middle-class families by 2027. And to help pay for these cuts, the bill would result in 13 million more uninsured Americans by 2025 and increase premiums in the individual insurance market by 10 percent in 2019, a nearly $2,000 increase for a typical middle-class family.

The drafters of the bill were not subtle about why they pushed for the legislation. As Rep. Chris Collins (R-NY) noted: “My donors are basically saying, ‘Get it done or don’t ever call me again.’” Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) had a similar sentiment, saying that failure to pass the tax bill would mean “the financial contributions will stop.” And those contributions are substantial: In the calendar year before the tax bill passed, corporate PACs, corporate executives, and other corporate employers gave more than $27 million to House members on the committee charged with writing tax policy. The Senate committee that works on tax policy got even more, as corporate sources gave more than $215 million to members of the Senate Finance Committee since 2013.

Comment:
More of Trump and the republican's "corruption "from Graham to Collins... Yes, the republicans all got paid big by the 1% to further shaft the American people with HIGHER taxes and outrageously expensive health insurance premiums... MAGA (for the stinking rich).
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 04:01 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
How about stealing millions from the IRS?
Take your time explaining that please.

Progressives have a sordid history of falsely accusing innocent people of imaginary crimes. Remember Scooter Libby?

I see no reason to believe that these accusations are true.

TheCobbler wrote:
You are just as bad as him.

He and I are both pretty good.

TheCobbler wrote:
Please account for this theft of taxpayer money.
You can't and wont.

No need to account for untrue accusations, other than to state that the accusations are untrue.

TheCobbler wrote:
You are a corrupt and criminal person...

Another false accusation from a progressive.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 04:04 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
The very definition of "white privilege" is denying a Black president the right to appoint a supreme court judge in an election year and then allowing a white president to elect a supreme court judge less than a month away from an election.

It has nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with justice and fair treatment.

The Democrats mass blocked W's nominees in 2007-08. They also blocked Judge Bork back in 1987. Blocking Merrick Garland was merely justified payback.

Now that both sides are even, there is no reason to not go forward with confirming Mr. Trump's nominee.
Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 06:03 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
The Democrats mass blocked W's nominees in 2007-08.

Bush never nominated any judges for the Supreme Court in 2007 and 2008. He nominated three judges in his presidency, all in 2005, and two of them (Roberts and Alito) were confirmed.

The next opening in the Supreme Court was when Souter retired in 2009, during Obama's term.

Odd that you brought up Bork's failed nomination, seeing as Reagan was still able to nominate Kennedy, who was confirmed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nominations_to_the_Supreme_Court_of_the_United_States

By the looks of it, after the Democratic Party won control over Congress in 2006, they did block the nominees for the lower courts, but nothing regarding the Supreme Court.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush_Supreme_Court_candidates
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 06:52 am

https://i.imgur.com/MwVdI8m.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 07:19 am

"... the good old days of segregation."

~ Lindsey Graham, racist piece of crap
oralloy

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 07:38 am
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:
By the looks of it, after the Democratic Party won control over Congress in 2006, they did block the nominees for the lower courts, but nothing regarding the Supreme Court.

Most of the blocked nominees in 2007-08 were not judicial nominees of any sort, but nominees for mundane positions in the executive branch:

https://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-now/2008/02/bush-ups-the-ante-in-nomination-fight-005990

The Democrats even ensured that W could not make recess appointments:

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/21/washington/21recess.html

Then when the Republicans tried to get revenge by doing the same to Mr. Obama's nominees, the Democrats turned around and said that Mr. Obama's recess appointments couldn't be blocked the same way that W's recess appointments were blocked:

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/202335-reids-backs-obama-for-ignoring-pro-forma-sessions-he-once-pushed

Then when the Republicans started filibustering Mr. Obama's nominees, the Democrats disabled the filibuster:

https://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/harry-reid-nuclear-option-100199

First blocking Merrick Garland, and then disabling the filibuster in order to confirm Neil Gorsuch was payback for all sorts of Democratic antics.

Rebelofnj wrote:
Odd that you brought up Bork's failed nomination, seeing as Reagan was still able to nominate Kennedy, who was confirmed.

Confirming Mr. Kennedy did not rectify the injustice that was done to Mr. Bork.

Dealing an injustice to Merrick Garland rectified the injustice that was done to Mr. Bork.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:13 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Biden would agree with Graham. Biden is a racist piece of ****, and his record in the Senate proves it.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:16 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Dealing an injustice to Merrick Garland rectified the injustice that was done to Mr. Bork.

Except Bork's nomination was put to a vote and he was rejected, partly because of his involvement in Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre.

Whereas Garland's nomination was never put into a vote, mainly because of bipartisan politics and nothing regarding Garland's public record.
snood

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:21 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Sorry, RP. Much as I despise Lady G, you really need to provide more context for something that incendiary.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2020 08:30 am
@snood,