Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

snood

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 11:07 am
@izzythepush,
No worries. Hope I didn’t cross any lines either.

But let me put the question to you - how do explain all the punditry and chatter about whether Harris has some kind of claim to connection with American chattel slavery?
What’s the reason for it?
revelette1

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 11:10 am
@izzythepush,
If you aren't, I apologize. It is just that if I don't read about her qualifications calling her self "black" I hear about her qualifications to be VP. All of it is bigotry.

To get a little sappy, I want to post one of childhood favorites as soothing good country music.

here are the lyrics for those who may not be able pick up all the words

Back when country music was really country music.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 11:12 am
@snood,
Not at all, I need to be told.
snood

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 11:14 am
@izzythepush,
Hey Izzy, re-read my last post. I edited to ask you a question.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 11:16 am
@revelette1,
Probably the only Charley Pride song I liked:

revelette1

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 11:16 am
@snood,
I don't know, because my husband brought up how he heard she is really not African American and to cement his point, he told me that my oldest girl's boyfriend (black) laughed and said she wasn't African American. I catch him watching Fox News all the time. So I guess he heard there or something. It has been a topic on most news channels. Questioning Kamala Harris's blackness so to speak is becoming an issue. Sort of like they did Obama's in the beginning, they have it both ways, 'birthism' and 'blackism'.

If I offended, I am sorry, didn't mean to.
snood

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 11:20 am
@revelette1,
I’m not offended that much, but it does annoy the hell out of me. There are literally a hundred things both pro and con to debate about Harris’ views, her record, her speeches...
But all people seem to want to talk about is her blackness. And not only that, but if it’s “genuine” enough.
revelette1

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 11:21 am
@snood,
That is good one, one men and women both need to take to heart. Women with our curlers in our hair need a kiss good morning too. (just a saying, women don't do that too much anymore.)

But seriously, you don't like his Christmas Album? It's great.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 11:26 am
@snood,
Yes there is, I am curious about her record as Prosecutor, one of the reasons I kind laid off her during the primaries was because I heard or read of how she was gung ho on putting black men in jail or words to that affect. Now I don't want to bring it up, compared to a republican and Trump's stance on "law and order" he has been displaying during the protest, it is now irrelevant IMO. (I never did check it out one way or another)

Apparently she was a good prosecutor which is a good thing as it shows she is successful at her goals.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 11:28 am
@snood,
Quote:
But all people seem to want to talk about is her blackness.

Race is everything to Democrats. Biden had to pick a woman of color. Of course people are going to talk about it. They continue to divide people and spread hate as planned.

Remember identity politics tells us color and sex make the difference between right and wrong and are the only qualifying requirements. Facts mean nothing. A sure way to destroy any country.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 11:30 am
@snood,
The reason is to cause division. They’re trying to redefine what it means to be black. If you can’t trace your way back all the way to Alex Haley you’re not genuinely African American, you’re some Johnny come lately. It’s a false distinction, the cop pulling someone over isn’t concerned about whether his great grandfather was a slave in America or a tradesman in Ghana.

Those in power always try to frame the narrative. Trump has already used race to divide the working classes, this in more of the same.

snood

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 11:44 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

The reason is to cause division. They’re trying to redefine what it means to be black. If you can’t trace your way back all the way to Alex Haley you’re not genuinely African American, you’re some Johnny come lately. It’s a false distinction, the cop pulling someone over isn’t concerned about whether his great grandfather was a slave in America or a tradesman in Ghana.

Those in power always try to frame the narrative. Trump has already used race to divide the working classes, this in more of the same.

Yes of course you’re right. I just wish - especially if the motivation for the distraction is so transparent - everyone wasn’t so easily pulled into it.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 12:09 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Trump has already used race to divide the working classes, this in more of the same.

That is what Obama did. Trump's policies actually helped the Black community. Obama exploited them and is still doing it. Projecting Democratic failings on Trump will not work.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 12:17 pm
@snood,
I guess I need to quit letting my personal surroundings and FB interfere with what I do here and perhaps there too. But I began to feel like a coward on FB during the protest reading all that garbage. Anyhoo, message received and understood.

On that note, I looked out my front window and noticed my husband putting a sign of a local republican running for office, with the republican herself in tow, looked out my back window a little later and my husband was talking to our neighbor with a golf cart filled with Trump little flags. Ugh... It is going to get ugly around here this year. Luckily, I stay indoors a lot.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 12:36 pm
@snood,
You only have to look at this place to see how desperate some of them are to swallow this crap. It’s almost like a cult, a really stupid cult.
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 02:31 pm
Today is the opening of the 'Black voices for Trump' office in Tallahassee. Do you notice anything strange? Look closely.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EfRo2SkXYAE-tAT?format=jpg&name=small

White voices speaking for the black voices that don't exist in Trump's camp.

Sturgis

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 02:46 pm
@TheCobbler,
Sure do!
Many of them are wearing face masks. Always a tell-tale sign that they aren't Trumpers.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 03:03 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
White voices speaking for the black voices that don't exist in Trump's camp.

Any different than Biden telling Blacks they are not Black unless they vote for him?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 04:11 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

Pascrell calls on NJ's AG to probe Trump's 'accelerating arson' of postal service

"Rep. Bill Pascrell Jr. has asked state Attorney General Gurbir Grewal to impanel a grand jury to investigate what Pascrell calls the "accelerating arson" of the U.S. Postal Service by the Trump administration.

Pascrell, D-NJ, said President Donald Trump, U.S. Postmaster General Louis DeJoy and other Trump officials are subverting New Jersey state elections, Pascrell said late Friday, the same day Gov. Phil Murphy said New Jersey's November general election will be conducted almost entirely using mail-in ballots.

"I call upon you to open a wide-ranging investigation of Trump's action to interfere with our elections and empanel a grand jury to consider criminal indictments," Pascrell said in a letter to Grewal. "

Federal criminal law (18 USC 1701):

Whoever knowingly and willfully obstructs or retards the passage of the mail, or any carrier or conveyance carrying the mail, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 04:19 pm
@snood,
That is a great one!!! Thanks for sharing Snood!!! Smile
0 Replies