Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

glitterbag

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2020 07:43 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

The Republican efforts to deny Harris’s identity as an African-American and turn her into a non-citizen seems to be more than outlandish.
They must be very, very desperate.

I don't think there are any actual traditional Republicans in office any longer. All those smug assholes who thought the TeaParty, Trump, OAN would be easy to control and exploit are now on the ash pile of history. And the rest of us are sitting on our butts waiting for Congress to rescue us, we need to do something...even if it's just to say 'Hell No', the next time they pee on our leg and tell us it's raining.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2020 08:31 pm
Pascrell calls on NJ's AG to probe Trump's 'accelerating arson' of postal service

"Rep. Bill Pascrell Jr. has asked state Attorney General Gurbir Grewal to impanel a grand jury to investigate what Pascrell calls the "accelerating arson" of the U.S. Postal Service by the Trump administration.

Pascrell, D-NJ, said President Donald Trump, U.S. Postmaster General Louis DeJoy and other Trump officials are subverting New Jersey state elections, Pascrell said late Friday, the same day Gov. Phil Murphy said New Jersey's November general election will be conducted almost entirely using mail-in ballots.

"I call upon you to open a wide-ranging investigation of Trump's action to interfere with our elections and empanel a grand jury to consider criminal indictments," Pascrell said in a letter to Grewal. "
coldjoint

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2020 09:17 pm
@BillW,

Quote:
"I call upon you to open a wide-ranging investigation of Trump's action to interfere with our elections and empanel a grand jury to consider criminal indictments," Pascrell said in a letter to Grewal. "

Of course he only has to November. Maybe they can stop big techs interference in the elections first. Stop whining put your masks on and vote.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2020 11:24 pm
Quote:
Fauci: If we can safely shop at the grocery store, we can safely vote in person

There you go. Glad that is over.
https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/08/14/fauci-can-safely-shop-grocery-store-can-safely-vote-person/
hingehead

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 07:19 am
@izzythepush,
You know what's effin weird is, from my token black friends, is 'when is a slave descendant going to have a shot at being president?' It's an intriguing rabbit hole.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 07:34 am
@hingehead,
It is.

I suppose Harris would qualify as her dad was Jamaican.

Although strictly speaking she’s not descended from American slaves.

snood

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 08:30 am
It’s... interesting, for lack of a better word, these musings about Senator Harris’ ancestry. For one thing, I don’t see black people quibbling about whether she’s black enough or American black enough - only white folks.

So yeah, it’s an... interesting... thing.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 08:33 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

You know what's effin weird is, from my token black friends, is 'when is a slave descendant going to have a shot at being president?' It's an intriguing rabbit hole.

My guess would be that MANY "slave descendants" have already been president. My guess is many of us (perhaps MOST OF US) are descendants of slaves.

And if one thinks that because the "black" part of Kamala Harris, for instance, does not come from a descendant of a slave that came from Africa directly to the western hemisphere...they are kidding themselves.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 08:45 am
@snood,
I bow to the master of euphemisms.
snood

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 09:10 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I bow to the master of euphemisms.

Sure wish you’d say what you mean izzy, and leave aside being coy for just a moment.

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 10:03 am
@coldjoint,
Considering all the trumlpian assholes who think wearing masks is a violation of their "liberties" and don't social distance and insist on going to mass parties, will be there voting in person for four more years for the crook, I'm not sure Dr. Fauci thought that one through completely. But, hey, joint, they're your thought-free people, go join them in line , be my guest. We'll put flowers on your grave.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 10:19 am
@snood,
Interesting is a euphemism for racist.

I don’t usually get called coy, I always thought I was quite blunt, but there you go.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 10:44 am
@snood,
Quote:
I don’t see black people quibbling about whether she’s black enough or American black enough - only white folks.

Then you missed the CNN spot where people of color and the token white guy discussed it. Why lie?

Of course, the go to guy on being Black is her running mate, ask him.

0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 10:49 am
@izzythepush,
No she is not descended from American slaves, but her grandmother on her dad's side was descended from slaves in Jamaica. Her mom and dad became naturalized citizens, they had Kamala Harris, so Kamala is from slaves (though European brought to Jamaica from Africa) and she is black and she is American. I bet you anything that Kamala Harris has experienced a good deal of bigotry through out her life because she is light black in skin tone.

Quote:
Professor Donald Harris has spoken of his grandmother, Kamala’s paternal great-grandmother.

She lived in Brown’s Town in Jamaica, which today is a country of 2.9 million people (think: Kansas). It is 92 percent Black, though it also has Indians, Lebanese, whites and other ethnic groups. When Europeans conquered and began settling the Caribbean, they brought diseases that wiped out most of the native population. But they were thin on the ground, so they needed labor. They began kidnapping and enslaving people in West Africa, bringing them to work on plantations. But they also brought mosquitoes from West Africa and diseases like malaria and yellow fever. Europeans don’t have immunity to those diseases, and began dying at high rates. West Africans can also die of those diseases, but they have at least some inherited immunity. ( This is why the 40 million Caribbeans are largely of African decent. Then when slavery was outlawed in the British Empire in 1833, the British began tricking East Indians into coming out as indentured servants. It was only around 1900 that governments began spraying for mosquitoes, with scientists having discovered that they spread tropical diseases, that it gradually became safe for Europeans to live there.

https://www.juancole.com/2020/08/america-jamaica-oakland.html

sheese.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 10:53 am
@revelette1,
I’m not trying to take anything away from her.

To be honest I don’t know that much about her.

I’m sure we’ll see a lot more of her in the future anyway.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 10:57 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
I bet you anything that Kamala Harris has experienced a good deal of bigotry through out her life because she is light black in skin tone.

Nothing lying on her back could not fix.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 10:58 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Interesting is a euphemism for racist.

I don’t usually get called coy, I always thought I was quite blunt, but there you go.

My god, that’s bizarre. It’s interesting that only white peoples are questioning Harris’ ancestry. Euphemism? I’m sure some that are doing so are racist, but don’t put words in my mouth. If I want to call someone racist, I just do so.
snood

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 10:59 am
@revelette1,
Why are y’all so goddam interested in her connection (or lack of it) to slavery?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 11:00 am
@snood,
I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to do that and I don’t want to cause any offence.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 11:04 am
@snood,
Quote:
Why are y’all so goddam interested in her connection (or lack of it) to slavery?

Since all the Democratic party does is race bait, why not? The constant reminder of oppression of the evil white man. It is about all they have.
0 Replies