Rush Limbaugh divorces his third wife

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:25 am
Foxfyre wrote:
So you guys appreciate Stern and find Limbaugh offensive. I just don't understand it.

I, for one, don't appreciate Stern and never have. I was a bit surprised to hear that he was political--my guess is that it has to do with how the FCC is coming down on him. But here's one lefty who is NOT a fan.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:27 am
I understand it totally Fox.

Personally, I very rarely listen to Rush. I enjoy the show on those occasions I listen. I know he is sometimes a bit over the top, but I understand that is part of making the show entertaining (at least in my opinion).

I choose not to listen to Stern. The few times I have I have found his show to be sexist to the extreme. I often wonder why any woman would listen when he is constantly talking to and about women as sex objects. I can remember when Rush once made a rule that only good looking women would be allowed on air (all in jest, but it was a good little gag while it lasted), he was blasted by the left and by women's groups for that. But Stern? Not a thing said. Guess he is on the correct political side so it is ok for him to treat women as sex objects on air.

So basically, I don't listen to Stern. If you don't like or are not entertained by Rush, don't listen. It is really a simple concept.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:32 am
Are you sure Rush said he would only allow good looking women on the air? I recall that he has said only good looking women are put on the (televised) airways. And whatever anybody thinks about that, he's right.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:33 am
Its easier for the left to attack Rush then it is fir them to turn his show off.I dont understand why that is though.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:35 am
And thanks D. I understand completely. I don't listen to Rush much anymore not particularly intentionally but mostly because I'm doing other stuff. But any of those they do feature on our local stations at times do go to the extreme sometimes and I'll switch them off too.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:37 am
To be honest, I only recall something like that from his radio show. It was quite a few years ago, when I listened on a somewhat regular basis. I think he told the female listeners that the only way they would get on air is if he had a picture of them on file and the picture was good looking. Something along those lines. It was done tongue in cheek, I forget the exact context, but it was a running joke for several weeks if I remember right.

I thought it was funny. Many on the left at the time and even a year or two after brought it up to show how Rush thought about women.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:39 am
Frankly, Fox, I suspect that anyone who makes a living on radio has to be so loud and ridiculous as to be unlistenable. No matter what his or her stripe...
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:42 am
LOL true D. The quiet, soothing, introspective, intellectual probably wouldn't last very long.

And CR I do remember that. He was teasing, but he did ask people to send in their photos before calling for awhile. I imagine he was so inundated with photographs, however, that was quickly discontinued.

That was way back in the 80's if I remember right. I was on the road a lot back then and first heard him from an Amarillo TX station long before they signed him on here in Albuquerque.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 12:46 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Are you sure Rush said he would only allow good looking women on the air? I recall that he has said only good looking women are put on the (televised) airways. And whatever anybody thinks about that, he's right.

No, Rush is wrong. Have you seen Candy Crowley and Barbara Starr on CNN, Lisa Myers on NBC, Babara Walters and Helen Thomas??? LOL Give me a break.

And when Rush was critiquing women and their appearance, he was busy tipping the scales at 300 lbs...LOL
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 01:06 pm
Rush was speaking of Fox News.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 01:25 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
So you guys appreciate Stern and find Limbaugh offensive. I just don't understand it.

Because Stern talks about sex and degrades women on his show,and because he slams Bush,that makes him ok.
Rush talks about liberals and their failed policies,and yes he sometimes goes over the top,that makes him evil and a danger to humanity.
Its all a matter of perspective,thats all.

Damn mystery, your really making an effort to win the "assh*le of the day" award, eh? Since your struggling with the concept, let me help a little.

Stern's objective is to be funny.
Rush's objective is to change people's minds to agree with his stance.

Stern doesn't take himself seriously, Rush does.

Stern teases people to get us to laugh. Rush insults and degrades people in order to make that person lose credibility and respect from others.

Stern touches on all sorts of topics. Rush is all political, all the time.

In the twenty-plus years he's been on radio, NO ONE has been able to get any dirt on Stern (he knows well enough to not do stupid sh*t, because it always comes back to bite you in the ass). Rush, who spoke badly of drug addicts, became a junkie himself.
Should I go on, or do you get the point?

I'm guessing you haven't really listened to Sterns show, because if you did, you'd probably be a listener yourself. The few times that he goes overboard with the sex theme, I just change the station and come back when its over.

And this is totally going off point, but I thought some of you would get a kick out of some of the celebrity interview questions Howard has his staff ask famous people at premiers and the like.

Their 5 times funnier to actually hear the tape and the reactions from these pompous famous peopleÂ…where composed, well-mannered, carefully constructed public personalities unravel faster than a well-hit baseball that has shed its cover:

To the Dali Lama: Do people come up to you and say, 'Hello Dali?'
To sports broadcaster and "Mr. Kathy Lee," Frank Gifford: Does you son ever accidentally call you grandpa?
To actress Liz Taylor: Was selling perfume one of your career goals?
To anchor Barbara Walters: Should people who talk like Elmer Fudd pursue careers in broadcasting?
To comedienne Carol Burnett: Are you upset that you're unemployed and that Ellen DeGeneres is a superstar?
To Regis Philbin: IfKathieLee suckssay'What?' (The gag is that the question is said so fast it inevitably evokes a "What" from the interviewee)
Warren Beatty "Did you forget to pull out with Annette Bening?"
Cindy Crawford "Does your gynecologist send you love letters?"
Michael Jackson "Did you learn how to walk backwards to avoid your father's punches?"
Barbra Streisand "Are people who need people really the luckiest people in the world?"
Tom Hanks "Do you think of Rosie O'Donnell to prolong the sexual act?"
Peter Jennings "Does Diane Sawyer give you a chubby?"
Kathleen Turner "Have you ever farted in your hand and smelled it?"
Larry King "Isn't it time for you to propose?"
Chevy Chase "Does it bother you that not only did you fail, but that nobody knows or cares that you failed?"
Johnnie Cochran "Would you represent Hitler for the right price?"
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 01:28 pm
mesquite wrote:

LOL...have you seen (even multiple face surgeries can't help me) Greta Van Sustern and the chunky Rita Cosby? They are examples of good looking women?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 02:14 pm
doglover wrote:
mesquite wrote:

LOL...have you seen (even multiple face surgeries can't help me) Greta Van Sustern and the chunky Rita Cosby? They are examples of good looking women?

I was going to let this thread go, but for the sake of accuracy, I had to respond one more time. It was never said that Rush made any comment about only good looking women being on TV. I can see how you may have misunderstood doglover. This line of thought started with my making reference to something that Rush did many years ago on his radio program. As I stated earlier, I cannot even remember the context or the exact particulars.

You may want to re-read the last several postings and see if maybe you don't agree that you misunderstood. Personally, I think Rush would agree that there are all sorts of ugly women, and men for that matter, on TV. Smile
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 02:25 pm
I'm with JustanObserver on the Stern issue. He also lives a clean life, and is a responsible parent, despite his divorce. I can't say the same for Rush, who is really just a puppet of the GOP, and not terribly responsible, it seems. Also, just to defer the accusations of Stern being a 'liberal', he was a staunch conservative until the FCC fiasco. He was also originally in support of Bush and the war on Iraq, until it became obvious that it was a misguided idea. Stern has always been political, but not like Rush. He still aims to entertain, and make people laugh. Nobody's laughing at Rush. Let's look at those quotes Foxfyre quoted out of context. Consider this theory: Stern is disgusted by what Americans are willing to do to get promoted, ergo, go with the flow and show it to America in a humourous way, in the hopes they might get the picture and do something about it.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 02:26 pm
As for the plain sex talk, so what? We all do it, it's natural, why not discuss it openly?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 03:10 pm
I cant believe we start all these threads about whacking off or "how do you like it?" and some of us feel that sTern is the unhholy one. I listened just yesterday to the funniest story I ever heard on STerns show. It was about a comedian who, dressed up as Babe the Pig, had such a low self esteem cause he caught himself in a mirror and said"Im a pig, Im a pig" this so upset him that he was off to buy some coke to get loaded. he buys his coke and Hes in his car doing "keys' , all while in a full porcine prosthesis . hes trying to stuff coke up his nose while driving in a pig costume, when he sees a lady next to him in another car watchin g him do coke . This just caved his entire self worth into a deep pit and he became extremely paranoid, so the story took off from there and got even funnier. and I was laughing so much that I had tears in my eyes and couldnt see where I was driving. Doing 75 with less than full vision can be a problem. The thing is, as I wiped my eytes I SAW LOTS OF OTHER PEOPLE IN THEIR CARS LAUGHING THEY OWN ASSES OFF.

Now Rush, on the other hand tries his damndest to be funny and he isnt even in the same county. Thats why everyone I know whos a severe dittohead has an almost manic deppressive quality and a crappy sense of humor that runs to **** like puns and Wagnerian crap. They are usually really down people . anyone else ever noted this?
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 03:44 pm
farmerman wrote:
Now Rush, on the other hand tries his damndest to be funny and he isnt even in the same county. Thats why everyone I know whos a severe dittohead has an almost manic deppressive quality and a crappy sense of humor that runs to **** like puns and Wagnerian crap. They are usually really down people . anyone else ever noted this?

The dittoheads I know are, for the most part, anal retentive, unhappy, depressed, frustrated hypocrites. I speak from personal experience...that's how I would describe myself when I was a dittohead.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 05:27 pm
I took strong exception to Howard Stern making fun of the kids who were gunned down at Columbine. To me, that was the ultimate in poor taste.

But I am bowing out of the thread now. It's just too outrageous for me.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 08:34 am
I take strong exception to everyting Rush says. He is a ego maniac hypocrite. I agree with doglover on the people I know who listen. The are hateful, bigoted people.

I can only stand about 20 minutes of Stern before it gets boring - but, Stern is a one issue person, the first amendment. Rush is a no minute personality and he too is a one issue person - himself.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 08:38 am
Don't listen to them.

You're not suggesting that I shouldn't be able to listen to them though, are you?
0 Replies