osso's eyes 3 - continuation of saga

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 08:24 pm
But I don't wanna cat suit! I don' wan cateyes!

The jacket sounds good though...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 08:25 pm
Oh my.

The lack of permanent solution -- there, it's fixed, that's that -- must be extremely frustrating.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 08:26 pm
And, I could stand to improve my purr.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 08:36 pm
Ah, soz. There is really no capsule to hold it. Sigh.

This is frustrating, all right, but remember how yikes'd I was back in January when I couldn't see my sink from across the room WITH glasses? The eye had 20/30 vision with glasses, today.
So there is a certain piquance to all this.

I haven't mentioned the crud on the lens. They're not sure if it is inflammatory crud or pigment from the retina. They think inflammatory. If the inflammation is controlled, then it should go away slowly. (I of course consider the opposite possibility.)
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 09:58 pm
Well damnit sweetie, at least they don't have to do anything major. Hopefully the little fix will work just fine and the crud will clear up quickly.

Here's a toast to rapidly disappearing crud and a permanent fix for Osso!!

Cheers!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 10:32 pm
Crud-out! sort of like Billy Crudup, but (says the out of it person, who is Billy Crudup? I know I know that name.)

Well, this isn't til Thurs evening. I wouldn't have posted so early, 'cept I thought it was happening today.

I will play in the meantime. Plus maybe get the laundry done and hit the kitchen floor.

Oh, yes, and work tomorrow..
a hopeless house, how will we make it work? I'll fool with concepts tomorrow. BPartner is down site observing (our phrase) the beginning of the installation of a job a couple of hours south tomorrow.

She already tried three strikes on this next design, after I did the base and left for the eye thing. Tomorrow I'll see what brainstorming I can do. The least of it is the whole site drains toward the house.....
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 01:37 am
watching, and hoping desperately that all goes well and that the treatment works.

that garden sounds difficult - tell us what you do with it?

When my parents moved into their brand new house years ago my father spent the first year sorting out the drainage in the garden - it sloped left to right and he shifted tons of soil, creating 2 levels and making underground drainage channels - I think my mother despaired of ever having a garden - it looks fantastic now though.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 01:38 am
osso

I just found this thread. I'm so sorry more surgery is necessary. Not afair! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 08:16 am
Osso
Osso, I corrected my house's rear yard drainage this year. We changed the drainage slope so it would not continue to run against the house. We don't get much rain in Albuquerque, but when we do, it often is a cloud burst. The water would back up to within three feet of my rear door. It would soak into the ground fairly fast, but the yard's grade needed to be changed. The house to the rear and to the right side have a higher grade than mine. So I got roof run-off as well as from my neighbor's yards. New gutters took care of the roof run-off.

I'm fortunate that I have a corner lot. Once the dirt was changed to drain into the street, we laid 18-inch concrete Riverwalk pavers from the house wall where a cement patio under the corner roof overhang existed to a large area in the yard. This unified the old patio with the rest of the yard's patio. It also made it safer for me to walk on. The water drains through the joints in the pavers. We left large open areas around the three Raywood Ash trees I planted down the center of the yard to provide badly needed shade, and left wide planting areas against the house and concrete block walls surrounding the yard. The large pavers (35 lbs each) are a blend of terra cotte and black with a random surface design. Lowes is the only store I know of that carries the Riverwalk pattern.

BBB
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 10:00 am
Oh, I haven't done it yet, Vivien. I was mumbling about today's work. I am used to fixing drainage. The larger problem is that the house is ugly. (Let's see, plant a forest...)

Glad your yard drains now, bbb....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 10:26 am
A toast to the end of crud!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 05:02 pm
So, I'm back from surgery. It went fine, phew.

Eye surgery remains an interesting experience. For me it is a mix of fear and fun and beauty.

I only had xylocaine drops for this one. The fear for me (and a worry for the surgeon) is, given that I don't have a capsule holding the lens as others do, will the lens come loose from the small space it tucks into (sulcus?) and fly away off into back of the eye? If it is stuck in the wrong place by adhesion, will it tear the iris to move it? Those things turned out not to happen.

The fun is that I actually like surgery, at least in concept (I was pre-med years ago, and am basically interested in everything going on), and in particular I like seeing all the colors and lights. Today's colors were lots of bright blue and pink and lavender....

Looks like I'll be taking those drops that keep the pupil from getting too wide when it dilates (thus perhaps catching the lens edge when it closes down again in bright light), but at a very low concentration, thus less apt to close the pupil down on a permanent basis. Hmmm.

Well, glad to be back on the other side of this day.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 05:05 pm
And glad it's all over & went so well, osso. This calls for a celebration! Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 05:11 pm
I'll try not to get the scotch in my eye...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 05:13 pm
0sso
Very Happy
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 06:28 pm
Oh, I'm so glad to hear this, osso! I've been wondering what was going on since A2K shut down. Relieved to hear that everything went well. You sound as though you're already headed down that road to recovery. Please take care.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 06:34 pm
That sounds encouraging, Osso!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 08:57 pm
Wonderful news, Osso.
A toast of chianti. Right NOW. Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 09:13 pm
Yes, I think it is. (tap, tap, tap... a freighted phrase, but I can't help with the tapping.) Clearly it's a balancing act.
The good part is as long as equilibrium is sustained, I'm going to see ok. And equilibrium has been shown to have some wiggle room.

You may share with me, if you will, my extremely recent, as in yesterday, immersion in a police procedural book set in Spain, the kind of thing I read for diversion: The Blind Man of Seville, by Robert Wilson. I hardly noticed the blind part when I bought it, I was interested in Seville. Have read some other fairly complicated police procedurals set in Spain, not by the same author.

This one was sort of gory in a torturing way from time to time, flagging my "sensationalist" key. But I kept reading since I am interested in Spain, and the writing was thoughtful when it wasn't annoying me. Sure enough, one of the characters had retinitis pigmentosa, she was a blind psychotherapist. Not good pre-op reading.

Enough neg vibes, I feel good about it and so does the surgeon.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2004 09:23 pm
Let's talk about the book later. For now, a celebration is in order!! A toast to Osso and her eyes. Long may they see exactly what is in front of them!!
0 Replies