osso's eyes 3 - continuation of saga

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 09:52 am
Osso
Osso, it's about time you had some fairly good news. I admire the responsibility you are taking to inform yourself and your generosity in sharing it with your many A2K friends.

BBB
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 09:56 am
Sense of relief... yay.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 01:02 pm
Good news...whew!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 02:01 pm
Wonderful, Osso--hold your dominion.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 05:17 pm
Good thing you can do you right eye in Sta. Rosa, close to your retinologist. About the inflamation. You might want to check with the M.D. to see if dietary anti-inflamatory herbs (in your cooking) might help (and safely). Remember, ginger, tumeric, holy basil, green tea, huzhang, barbery, etc. are all good for that. My gorging myself with ginger seems to have helped my CRP level and shoulder inflamation. I feel good about your putting off the right eye surgery til much later, so long as your vision is o.k.. Thanks for the update.
Phew.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 11:37 pm
I did a soliloquy earlier tonight on post surg eye inflammation and lost it, which is probably a sign of it being tooo boring.

So, I'll say instead that as it happens, JL, tonight I cooked a roasted squash curry (left over roasted cuts of squash and roasted onions into a soup pot with peas and rice in vegetable broth with garlic and turmeric and cumin and chili flakes, oh, and regular ground pepper) and tomorrow I'm going to do my old favorite, farfalle with a sauce of ginger in butter, then bite sized pieces of lox, and torn basil leaves and some fresh squeezed lime juice.
All this not for medical reasons but because I love it...
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 11:16 am
And most Americans seem to believe that vegetables are boring. That's because of the tradition of merely steaming carrots and cauliflower and eating them dutifully as medicine--with one's meat and potatoes. That's on the decline, I suspect, because of the rise of Asian foods in America. See how Osso's nutritional veggies and herbs are so delightful as a matter of lifestyle pleasures? Everybody.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 12:46 am
ossobuco wrote:
.... tonight I cooked a roasted squash curry (left over roasted cuts of squash and roasted onions into a soup pot with peas and rice in vegetable broth with garlic and turmeric and cumin and chili flakes, oh, and regular ground pepper) and tomorrow I'm going to do my old favorite, farfalle with a sauce of ginger in butter, then bite sized pieces of lox, and torn basil leaves and some fresh squeezed lime juice.
All this not for medical reasons but because I love it...

And this is "medicinal" food, osso? Surprised It sounds absolutely delicious! I wish I could come & join you. Smile
I'm just catching up with your latest developments just now. I'm really sorry this has become so drawn out for you. Good luck & here's hoping things keep going well for you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 12:58 am
Hi, msolga. It is clear to me that my eyes will always be this way, even thought the right one is fine for the nonce, I figure dealing with that one is a matter of time. I hope it gets troublesome when I am ninety or more. In the meantime I just get agitated once in a while when I think things are going down hill in a handbasket, as it is true they fairly easily could.

This is teaching me, and through me, maybe some readers, judgement. (I insist on using the e in judgement.) Well, now I know from this last episode that all seeming to be lost is not in fact all being lost. My sight is incrementally better than before this spaces in letters thing happened, now about two weeks ago, and lefty is back to 20/40 with glasses vs. 20/200 on June 6th or so.

It has turned out this time that I can keep steady and I am back to my normal sanguine foofoo self, which, really, is all most of us can ask for, eh?
I will try to not jerk everybody around with silly updates. So far they have all been serious to me. I sincerely plan to stop with the eye travail posting.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 01:08 am
ossobuco wrote:
It has turned out this time that I can keep steady and I am back to my normal sanguine foofoo self, which, really, is all most of us can ask for, eh?

Yes, indeed, osso! I'm glad you're your normal osso self! A very wise woman, I think! Very Happy

I was wondering, though, how have the "eye challenges" affected your artworks?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 01:27 am
It did last year, from what are normal cataract problems, as the left eye got one of those, which started all this sh/t.
I did a bunch of paintings, fairly late in the time allotted, and then when I varnished them, it was too soon and a lot of the tooth of the brush strokes melted away. I am still working on dealing with medium in a new solvent after years of thoughtlessly using just paint and turps.

I have a certain avoidance behavior that is probably some kind of pathology -
I already have to do stuff at work, which of course I do do (doo-doo?). Work involves a lot of design thinking and then drawing, and erasing and drawing and thinking and erasing and drawing, ad infinitum.
I kind of hate to 'have to' do anything at home, and that even includes, sadly, painting.

I have another show next June. Plenty of time. Considering doing a photo show this time... not sure, but if I am doing a painting show I'd better start thinking about it.

Scanned some of my old painting photos at work today and may post on a thread here, but they are rather dismal photos. We'll see.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 01:44 am
ossobuco wrote:
I have another show next June. Plenty of time. Considering doing a photo show this time... not sure, but if I am doing a painting show I'd better start thinking about it.

Scanned some of my old painting photos at work today and may post on a thread here, but they are rather dismal photos. We'll see.

Next June? That's enough time to figure out which way to go, osso. Photographs or paintings? Please keep us posted on what develops. I'm very interested. And I'd be interested in seeing some of the scanned work, too .... if you decide to post them.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 07:01 am
Please excuse me if I'm butting in here, but I've been following this thread and have to say that there is no such thing as "silly update" when it concerns your eye problems, Osso. Please continue to keep us informed.
When I had my cataracts removed, I was a witch and now that, after getting accustomed to floaters in my right eye, I am now plagued with floaters in my left eye, I'm a witch with a "b". I'm amazed at and commend you for your patience in dealing with this problem.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 10:53 am
Hi, Raggedy, and thanks.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 12:27 pm
Right on, Raggedy. Nothing silly about anything you do, Osso. The task is to keep us informed. We will eventually, if we havn't already, experience such existential difficulties. We should therefore support one another and try to outlive our afflictions.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 09:14 pm
Hi Osso,

Just checked in to see how you are doing and was heartened to learn that your eyes are better.

All the best to you!

jjorge
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 07:19 pm
Any more news, Josso?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 08:39 pm
Nothing new, which is good news. Right this minute I can close my right eye and read with my left (with my glasses) the book title Masaccio about ten feet away (the letters are about 3/4" high. It's a test object, whether that is blurry or not. That's the best it's been in quite a while... when it's that clear the vision usually tests at 20/40, yippee! A darn sight better than 20/200.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 08:48 pm
Super. Thanks.
J.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 09:21 pm
Good news. Good attitude. Hold your dominion.
0 Replies