Rest in Peace, Ahmed

FBM

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 04:35 am
@Slugfoot,
I think there's pretty clearly no headgear there. But anyway, back to what I was saying earlier about the importance of the round used: If it were a teflon-coated or similar round with high penetration and low tissue displacement, then the amount of blood splatter would be minimal. Less sophisticated rounds would create more. That's not a pin-sharp video, so maybe there's something. Nevertheless, the "victim's" physical response does not seem to match that of a head shot. Dunno. A healthy dose of skepticism and the patience to see what the experts come up with might be useful here.
Slugfoot

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 05:04 am
@FBM,
Some images of the bullet marks might be useful in determining the true nature of the incident.
I assume eveything like this has been documented thoroughly and will become available eventually.

Edit- Ah, I've just noticed your link some posts ago and the video is much clearer than ones I'd previously seen. And yeah...that's weird.
Slugfoot

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 06:45 am
@Slugfoot,
Edit edit. Embarrassed - My bad, it was Builder that posted the vid I just referred to.
My apologies for any confusion caused. I'm still a little unfamiliar with the forum layout.
FBM

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 06:55 am
@Slugfoot,
No worries. I quoted him, I think. Smile
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 11:39 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

The video of the slaying of the cop laying on the ground looks completely bogus. A 7.65 round at point blank would splatter your head like a melon.

Seriously?

I can't believe the course this thread has moved on to since your post. Discussing what type of round would do what damage is neither here nor there as far as I am concerned

Whether he was shot at point blank or from a distance, or both, is beside the point and in my mind is in poor taste, considering that this young man is dead.

Did you see his brother and family on the news, talking about his death, breaking down throughout and all the while denouncing the perpetrators?

A normal, dignified, quiet family by the looks, who have lost a loved one because of terrorists.

Thanks for starting this thread, Osso, despite the direction it took.

Je suis Ahmed.

ehBeth

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 11:51 am
@ossobuco,
Clary has just linked me to a Je suis Ahmed group on FB.

Thank goodness his family is also getting some public support through this horrible time for everyone.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 11:56 am
@ehBeth,
Good -

and I'm glad to see Clary is still around on fb. (Hi to her)
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 12:33 pm
Ossobuco

I think it is very sad that even in a thread like this people have to quarrel.
One should be able to have enough dignity to avoid this kind of behavior.
If a man can quarelle over the size of a wound and still maintain he is for tolerance what would he have been like if born in a fanatic family?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 12:53 pm
An article that brings hope re France (and I hope re other places) -

'Courageous' Muslim rescued Jewish shoppers, handed market key to French police

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/courageous-muslim-rescued-jewish-shoppers-handed-market-key-to-french-police-1.2182938#ixzz3OXZEA700

Raphael Satter, The Associated Press
Published Sunday, January 11, 2015 11:01AM EST

PARIS -- At a kosher supermarket in Paris, a quick-thinking Muslim employee hides several Jewish shoppers in the basement before sneaking out to brief police on the hostage-taker upstairs. In the town of Dammartin-en-Goele, a poker-faced businessman fools a pair of gunmen into believing they're alone in the building before being allowed to leave unharmed.

In the days after the bloody end of twin French hostage crises Friday, stories of life-saving courage are beginning to filter out. One of the most striking is the story of Lassana Bathily, a young immigrant from Mali who literally provided police with the key to ending the hostage crisis at the supermarket.
Bathily was in the store's underground stockroom when gunman Amedy Coulibaly burst in upstairs, according to accounts given to French media and to a friend of Bathily's who spoke to The Associated Press. Bathily turned off the stockroom's freezer and hid a group of frightened shoppers inside before sneaking out through a fire escape to speak to police. Initially confused for the attacker, he was forced to the ground and handcuffed.

Once police realized their mistake, he provided them with the key they needed to open the supermarket's metal blinds and mount their assault.
"The guy was so courageous," said Mohammed Amine, a 33-year-old friend and former coworker of Bathily's who spoke to him about the assault on Saturday.

Witnesses and authorities have corroborated Bathily's account.
A police official, speaking on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to talk on the record, explained that the key Bathily gave police allowed them to storm the supermarket without having to punch their way through the shutters.
About 40 kilometres (25 miles) to the northeast, another hostage's cool head helped keep a bad day from getting worse. Businessman Michel Catalano was waiting on a supplier at his office in Dammartin-en-Goele when he saw brothers Cherif and Said Kouachi approaching with Kalashnikov rifles. As his colleague, a 26-year-old he identified only as Lilian, ran to hide, he distracted the gunmen. He offered them coffee and -- after a brief exchange of fire with authorities outside -- bandaged one of the brother's necks.

"I stayed an hour with them," Catalano told AP. "I was never scared, because I had only one idea in my head: 'They should not go to the end (of the hallway) to see Lilian, that's all.' That's what kept me calm."
Eventually, Catalano was released by the hostages as police swapped text messages with Lilian inside. Just before dusk, the brothers ran outside, guns blazing. They died in a hail of return fire.

Back at the kosher supermarket, police used Bathily's key to mount their assault, killing Coulibaly and freeing 15 hostages.
Amid the bravery, there was also tragedy.
Police found four hostages dead inside the supermarket, apparently shot by Coulibaly when he entered the store.

Among them was Yohan Cohen, a 22-year-old who Amine said was "someone amazing, friendly, who likes (and) who respects people."
"I'm Muslim and he's Jewish," said Amine, an immigrant from Morocco. "But there's such respect between us. We're like brothers.
"They took my best friend."

izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 03:50 am
More deliberate lies by Fox News. This is the sort of crap lapped up by idiots like Coldjoint and Gungasnake.

Quote:
An American terrorism commentator speaking on Fox News has apologised for describing Birmingham as a "Muslim-only city" where non-Muslims "don't go in".

Steven Emerson told the channel that in London "Muslim religious police" beat "anyone who doesn't dress according to Muslim, religious Muslim attire".

He later issued an apology for his "terrible error".

But many on social media have been ridiculing his comments.

One tweet said: "As someone born and raised in Birmingham, I must admit there was a pressure to read the Kerrang."

"I was supposed to go to Birmingham last week but I forgot my passport," said one tweeter.

Mr Emerson's comments about Birmingham and London led to many reacting on hashtag #FoxNewsFacts.

Some accused him on his investigative website of "speaking nonsense" and called his claims "utter rubbish".

Birmingham Edgbaston MP Gisela Stuart called the comments "stupid" with "no redeeming features".

"I checked whether this was some kind of early April Fool spoof, and then I thought he was talking about Birmingham, Alabama, but then I realised he was just utterly and completely wrong," the Labour MP said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30773297
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 10:06 am
@izzythepush,
I heard that report whilst coming down the motorway from......Birmingham ....today.

A very pleasant time was had there this weekend. No passport required at all.

The man is a typical Fox News imbecile on the same ranking as our very own coldjoint.
It's like the BBC saying that New York is an Irish Catholic no go area, and to get in there, you have to be able to do the full Riverdance whilst drinking a pint of Guinness.

izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 10:11 am
@Lordyaswas,
The problem is, this liar was billed as a "terrorism expert," and idiots like Coldjoint actually believe this nonsense. We stopped Press TV from broadcasting in the UK, we should do the same with Fox News.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 10:25 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
One tweet said: "As someone born and raised in Birmingham, I must admit there was a pressure to read the Kerrang."

this might be the funniest thing i've read in the last few days, and i've read Kerrang (though not recently)

izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 10:52 am
@djjd62,
May Lemmy have mercy on your soul.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 11:26 am
@djjd62,
That is hilarious!
0 Replies

imawonderingwhy

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 01:56 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei: Just another example of how out of touch with reality these Islamists are when they'd cold-bloodedly kill one of their own faith and still claim that it's a jihad against 'infidels.'

===========

It seems that you are unfamiliar with all the meanings of 'infidel'.
0 Replies

imawonderingwhy

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 01:58 pm
@Builder,
Builder: The video of the slaying of the cop laying on the ground looks completely bogus. A 7.65 round at point blank would splatter your head like a melon.

I agree completely, Builder.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 02:12 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
Thanks for starting this thread, Osso, despite the direction it took.

Agreed.

Let's watch some crappy video and discuss whether 9/11 was a con job, shall we?
Olivier5

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 02:18 pm
@ossobuco,
There's a twist to that story, which is that the people who were in the cold rooms had network and could pone outside. At some point they got in contact with a news channel (BFM-TV) who actually almost killed them, by immediately (and quite stupidly) relaying on their channel the news that some of the hostages were hiding in the cold rooms... Coulibaly was watching that particular channel, but he was distracted when they mentioned that info and he did not get it...

Some people would kill for a scoop.
imawonderingwhy

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 02:24 pm
@Olivier5,
`Let's watch some crappy video and discuss whether 9/11 was a con job, shall we?
========

That`s some fancy bit of misdirection. The video purporting to illustrate what is your central theme looks faked but you want keep on pumping out propaganda.