I need help and some advice with my relationship.

Dww566

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 02:02 am
Okay so let me start off by telling you I really don't want any harsh words being used because Im already depressed enough, so me and my boyfriend have been together for about three years now im 20 and he's 25, but lately I have just been so depressed .. Oh and we live together, yeah but anyways for the past week I have been constantly crying missing how things in our relationship used to be.. Even over the sex we used to have .. I feel so hopeless what should I do.. I feel like I'm going insane I love him with all my heart were so close he's my best friend, I just miss everything so much it hurts so bad? I hope this is not a bad sign because he's my life, im just scared and need some advice :'( I can't even listen to a song without crying why do I miss the old him so much?!?!?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 558 • Replies: 6
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by Dww566
koala99

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 06:22 am
@Dww566,
Everyone changes over time, we settle into relationships and stop trying as hard to impress one another. If he loves you just as much as you love him try doing new things, go to a restaurant you haven't gone to before, go for a long walk together. He might start getting the feeling that he's not making you happy which is clearly not the case. Or be straight-forward with him and tell him exactly how you feel.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 06:55 am
@Dww566,
If you are this depressed, you need professional care. Seriously. Everyone changes, and we might have nostalgia for what once was, but it's rare that people spend as much time weeping as you seem to, without it being an issue that needs treatment.

Please get the help you need.
0 Replies

psychictiff
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 06:26 pm
@Dww566,
Relationships grow & evolve! Rejoice that you two are still together & have endured time! Bottom line: he's sti with you, do be happy about that rather than mourning the loss of what once was!! New normals are the way of life! We all need to accept where we are at currently. Bloom where you are planted! If it makes you feel better/more normal... I remember going thru periods like that with my now hubby. Then I'd just look at him & be so grateful he was sti THERE!
glitterbag

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 06:53 pm
@Dww566,
When emotions rise up and overwhelm you, it's possible it could be a physical problem. If you are taking birth control pills, they can occasionally cause depression for some women. Also, PMS can be a huge problem for some. I think you should call your family doctor and describe your symptoms, it's also possible that you are dealing with depression. Please don't think that depression is a character flaw, untreated depression can cause you to live a very unhappy life.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 07:38 pm
What have you been doing for the last 3 years (education, career, hobbies, interests, friends, arts or music?)

It sounds like time has passed and you are still where you were at the beginning of your relationship.
0 Replies

Dww566

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 01:45 am
@psychictiff,
Thank you so much, your answer made me feel so much better, all everyone els here said i had mental issues. You actually made me feels a ton better Smile
0 Replies