BBB is so pissed at her pathetic body

ossobuco

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 11:26 am
I bet.
0 Replies

msigler

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 10:37 am
I also was diagnosed with a "significant" rotator cuff tear in my right shoulder which cannot be fixed with laproscopic surgery. It will take a fairly large incision. Does anyone know of Glucosomine being used to prevent surgery. I am terrified of surgery.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 10:41 am
msigler
msigler wrote:
I also was diagnosed with a "significant" rotator cuff tear in my right shoulder which cannot be fixed with laproscopic surgery. It will take a fairly large incision. Does anyone know of Glucosomine being used to prevent surgery. I am terrified of surgery.

I'm living with the discomfort of my torn rotator cuff and have not pursued any further treatment at this time. I will wait until I'm forced to do something.

Therefore, I've not looked into Clucosomine. Sorry I can't help you.
Best to ask your physician.

BBB
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 12:09 pm
Re: msigler
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
[I'm living with the discomfort of my torn rotator cuff and have not pursued any further treatment at this time. I will wait until I'm forced to do something.

Me too BBB. I have taken certain steps though. I try not to sleep with my head on my shoulder. I gave up tennis for a while and I only use the computer mouse with my left hand. So far I've had a marked improvement and the pain is almost gone.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 12:11 pm
Re: msigler
panzade wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
[I'm living with the discomfort of my torn rotator cuff and have not pursued any further treatment at this time. I will wait until I'm forced to do something.

Me too BBB. I have taken certain steps though. I try not to sleep with my head on my shoulder. I gave up tennis for a while and I only use the computer mouse with my left hand. So far I've had a marked improvement and the pain is almost gone.

Good news, Panzade, hope it keeps getting better.

BBB Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 12:31 pm
I think JLN deals with it too.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 12:36 pm
BBB
Oh, well, why should I bitch? I'm not stranded on my roof top surounded by flood water without food and fresh water, waiting for the copter to find me.

BBB
0 Replies

AllanSwann

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 12:42 pm
Re: BBB is so pissed at her pathetic body
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
I got the bad news this afternoon. I have a tear in the rotator cuff in my right shoulder. I'm instructed to make an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon for further examination. I'm so pissed.

http://www.shouldersolutions.com/rotator.php

BBB

One teeny, tiny little thought, and that is my own so-called expert physicians originally diagnosed a torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder when upon later examination, it was determined I had a previously unknown (at least to me) condition known as "frozen shoulder", which can be cured on its own with PT and/or the mere passage of time. Surgery was and is still an option but I prefered not to undergo the skills of "Mack the Knife" and my shoulder is gradually working its way free.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 12:55 pm
AllanSwann
AllanSwann, thanks for the info. My diagnosis was done by cat scan. Would that make a difference?

BBB
0 Replies

AllanSwann

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 12:59 pm
Re: AllanSwann
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
AllanSwann, thanks for the info. My diagnosis was done by cat scan. Would that make a difference?

BBB

Gosh, I sure don't mean to undermine the professionals who are treating you, BBB, but yes, my original diagnosis of torn rotator cuff was done via Cat Scan. The results were (as near as I can tell) pretty muddled and the surgeon I was referred to for a consult came up with the "frozen shoulder" diagnosis. At the risk of being intrusive, might I suggest that you simply ask (I'd never heard of it b4) your doctors whether or not they'd ruled out "frozen shoulder"?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 01:01 pm
Allan
Allan, not intrusive at all. Smile

Good idea. I will remember to ask my physician.

Thanks.

BBB
0 Replies

AllanSwann

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 01:16 pm
Good luck to ya, BBB, and as a fellow rapidly approaching "elder status" person (49), I appreciate the aches and pains we never knew in our glorious days of youth.

BTW, I ventured through Albuquerque last August with wife and dog and found it to be (after some 20 years since last I went) to be one of the singular wonderful cities in America.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 01:23 pm
Allan
AllanSwann wrote:
Good luck to ya, BBB, and as a fellow rapidly approaching "elder status" person (49), I appreciate the aches and pains we never knew in our glorious days of youth.

BTW, I ventured through Albuquerque last August with wife and dog and found it to be (after some 20 years since last I went) to be one of the singular wonderful cities in America.

Allan, WOW! Too bad we didn't know each other when you visited Albuquerque. Almost all A2Kers traveling through stop in to visit me and Dyslexia and Diane.

I've lived here for nearly three years and have never regretted moving here except for leaving my family and friends in the S.F. Bay Area.

BBB
0 Replies

AllanSwann

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 01:27 pm
BBB, at the risk of turning this thread into a personal IM, I've also got a lot of maternal relatives in the SF Bay area (SF, Oakland, Novato, Santa Rosa, etc.). Again, I think northern CA is one of the really stupendous regions of our great Country.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 01:32 pm
Allan
AllanSwann wrote:
BBB, at the risk of turning this thread into a personal IM, I've also got a lot of maternal relatives in the SF Bay area (SF, Oakland, Novato, Santa Rosa, etc.). Again, I think northern CA is one of the really stupendous regions of our great Country.

Allen, this is where I lived and worked on an island in S.F. as Architectural Administrator for 14 years before retiring. Have you ever been to Alameda?

http://www.harborbay.org/homepage/index3.html

BBB
0 Replies

AllanSwann

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 01:38 pm
Alameda seems vaguely familiar to me, BBB, but the last time I was in the area of yer roots was 1994. I just remember strolling down through the upper class neighborhood (I can't remember the name, but it was near that fantastic structure that was originally part of some World's Fair that has a rounded dome and is near a pond or small lake) and driving with my hands glued to the wheel over the fantastic bridges overpassing the Pacific Ocean in that fair City. SF was and is a great, great City and if I had a couple of million dollars to permanently reside there in my not too distant retirement, I would gladly do so.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 01:43 pm
Allan
AllanSwann wrote:
Alameda seems vaguely familiar to me, BBB, but the last time I was in the area of yer roots was 1994. I just remember strolling down through the upper class neighborhood (I can't remember the name, but it was near that fantastic structure that was originally part of some World's Fair that has a rounded dome and is near a pond or small lake) and driving with my hands glued to the wheel over the fantastic bridges overpassing the Pacific Ocean in that fair City. SF was and is a great, great City and if I had a couple of million dollars to permanently reside there in my not too distant retirement, I would gladly do so.

You were on the S.F. water front palace of Fine Arts:

http://sanfrancisco.citysearch.com/review/911842/809607/?brand=google

BBB
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 02:59 pm
My husband's 'torn rotator cuff' was also mostly cured with non invasive treatment. It still bothers him now and then, but it is much better and he can sleep nights again.

Treatment consisted of low impact exercises, a weighted sling suspended over the door that he put his chin in to stretch his neck muscles a bit--again very gently done for 15-20 minutes a day, and, on our own, we both started taking healthy doses of Glucosamine Condrontin and separate MSM which have done wonders for achey knees and arthritic pain. Neither are drugs but are dietary supplements. No known side affects but read the lable, and if any question get permission from your doctor.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 03:02 pm
Foxfyre
Foxfyre, thanks for the info. Hope husband is doing better.

BBB
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 04:38 pm
Oh yeah, he's doing great. Now three weeks post op from prostate surgery. He'll get over that too but he preferred the sore shoulder. Smile
0 Replies