BBB is so pissed at her pathetic body

Eva

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 04:01 pm
BoGoWo wrote:
i know just what you mean; wouldn't it be nice if we could just drop off the arm at the local 'body' garage, and pick it up as good as new that night on the way home (in spite of the horrendous prices those guys charge - now complaining about that could be almost fun!)!

Wonder if they'd give her a "loaner"...and if so, could she still type?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 04:06 pm
I injured my left shoulder over a year and a half ago and basically rehabbed it myself. The orthopede said it was just arthritis and calcium deposits, that he could go in and clean out the joint then saw off a portion of the collar bone...

...saw off a portion of the collar bone...

....saw....

No one is sawing my bones until they are seized.

It's better now, I'm back lifting weights, though not as much. Sometimes it still hurts. I'm in the gym "grunt..ow...grunt...ow...grunt...ow!". I get a lot of stares.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 04:06 pm
Chances are your doctor is right. But my husband's doctor recently diagnosed a torn rotator cuff and actually had him scheduled for surgery. Said the x-rays were conclusive.

The orthopedic surgeon, however, was unconvinced. He read the same x-rays as just fine. Ordered an MRI. No torn rotator cuff. Some wierd therapy sitting in a chair with his chin in a sling and now he is just fine.

Guess what I'm saying is get a second opinion before consenting to surgery. Otherwise what everybody else is saying is correct. The procedure is common with a very high 100% success rate.
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 05:51 pm
I would have thought it would be your left shoulder with all the bomb throwing you do. Razz Couldn't resist. Get well soon.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 08:05 pm
Well, I think it'll be a relief - after a bunch of tribulation - to get it fixed, assuming this is and has been the underlying problem all along. Still, it's an immediate aggravation, I'm sure.

No hugs, just some quiet smiles.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 08:08 pm
Good luck, BBB. I wish I could say "I feel your pain", but I can't -- my shoulder is fine.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 04:24 pm
Somebody slap him.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 07:30 pm
Ok, meeeeeee!!! Whappo!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 07:31 pm
osso, it wasn't supposed to be with a leather whip. And what the devil are you wearing?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 08:30 pm
What? Did I say something wrong?

I wished BBB good luck with her operation and I expressed regret that I couldn't share her pain.

And for that I get chastised by Eva and mercilessly whipped by Osso.

What the hell kind of world are we living in?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 08:42 pm
I'm wearing my business attire and my fluffy booties, and fluffy gloves, whiffle.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 08:46 pm
Osso, we're all expressing concern about BBB's forthcoming operation and all you want to do is tell us what the hell you're wearing?

What's wrong with you?
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 08:50 pm
BBB, I can understand the pain, I had bursitis in my right shoulder and that was bad enough! Surgery? Shocked My prayers are with you.

Take care not to knead any bread for a while, I had a tough enough time doing the whole wheat bread tonight and my shoulders are good. I treated Sam and I by doing a pullman loaf of bananananananana (I hate that word! Evil or Very Mad I can never tell when to quit typing it.) nut bread. It turned out great! It was my first time with that recipe. I'll have a warm, buttery slice for you, since you aren't here in person.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 09:23 pm
Gus, nothing wrong with me, and you, babe?

BBB, you know I care, I hope this isn't annoying. We are with you in this, even as we squabble.

Wiyaka, you are a strong part of us at a2k already, but might not know that BBB is a totally amazing cook. She contributed a huge number of recipes, very well thought out ones, to our food forum. I think she'd love to get some virtual banana bread (let me not speak for her) and ... maybe for someone to look at the recipes..
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 09:31 pm
Warm wishes to you, BBB!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 10:05 pm
Keep us posted, okay?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 12:10 am
Gus
Gosh, don't you all agree it would be worth a pesky operation if it meant getting to see Osso in her business attire, fluffy booties, and fluffy gloves chasing Gus around the barn?

What a vision! Shocked Laughing Shocked

BBB
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 12:23 am
Well, I have yet to envisage Gussy, myself, he hides behind various personae, er, personi. Chasing a phantasm with fluffy gloves seems so very very futile. Schniff.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 12:32 am
Osso
Better fluffy gloves on you than on Gus, don't you think? I don't think I could stand a Gus that cute. It would spoil his carefully created reputation with the ladies. Now, the men? Hummm.....

BBB
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 06:24 am
Quote:
Gus, nothing wrong with me, and you, babe?

I just love it when you call me babe, osso.

It drives me crazy.
0 Replies