Torture, It's What's For Breakfast (and Lunch and Supper)

coldjoint

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2014 12:31 pm
@parados,
Quote:
It seems you don't know ****,

It seems the subject is not good enough for you. This is about torture, not some hack president pretending to give a **** about this country.
parados

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2014 12:35 pm
@coldjoint,
This is about a hack Vice President and President pretending to give a **** about their country when authorizing torture.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2014 12:37 pm
@parados,
Quote:
give a **** about their country when authorizing torture.

And for that they should get a medal.
parados

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2014 12:39 pm
@coldjoint,
So when a US President doesn't uphold the law he should get a medal? Interesting that you hold that opinion, Pinkie.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2014 12:49 pm
@parados,
So when a Shill double talks his way through every post and disparages true courage and conviction(something Obama sorely lacks)in protecting this country I should grace you with an answer.

Your ass sucks cottonwood. Hit the road.
http://www.alien-earth.org/images/smileys/kickass.gif
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2014 02:56 pm
@parados,
You're wasting your time with pinkie and his other moniker...
coldjoint

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2014 09:17 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
You're wasting your time

I would bet you know quite a bit about that. It is certainly a waste of time to push ridiculous ideas laced with every kind of excuse for them failing. Or sighting technicalities that protect abject liars.

That is what you do. And refuse to acknowledge the patriotism and sacrifice. And make a circus out of a lost election with political games.

Your handle fits you. Listening to dopes likes you is a calamity.

0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2014 09:41 pm
Quote:
British Interrogators Banned From Shouting at Terrorists

Is this what you want? Islam is shitting all over the UK.

Quote:
Other moonbats are pushing the envelope further still. Now even raising your voice to a terrorist constitutes torture. I’m serious:

British soldiers have “lost their capability” to interrogate terrorist insurgents because of strict new rules on questioning that even ban shouting in captives’ ears, military chiefs have warned.

The rules — detailed in court papers obtained by The Telegraph — also prevent military intelligence officers from banging their fists on tables or walls, or using “insulting words” when interrogating a suspect.

You could hardly ask if a terrorist slept well without violating the rules. Consequently, there is

concern that the rules can be so easily breached — especially given the pressure under which soldiers are operating — that military personnel will be left exposed to legal claims and possible disciplinary action.

No interrogation that is likely to be effective is permitted.

“There must be no intimidation of any kind,” state the rules.

Wow, what a banner idea. What do you think, emasculated readers?

http://moonbattery.com/?p=53477
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2014 07:01 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
Under International law if a country doesn't prosecute such acts then the International Court can bring charges.

Only if the ICC has jurisdiction over that particular state.

They have no jurisdiction over the US.
oralloy

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2014 07:02 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Actually I think it's about time Congress adjusted the statute of limitations and appointed another special prosecutor for Bill Clinton.

I guess if the US Constitution means nothing to you then you could propose that. However under our system of government attempting to do such a thing would be invalidated by the courts.

I do not believe that would violate the Constitution. I also don't believe that the courts would invalidate such a move.

However, if any Democrats believe otherwise, I have no objection to them challenging it in the courts, and I'll abide with whatever the court system ultimately decides.

Note also that I'm only proposing that the Republicans go after Clinton IF the Democrats go after the Bush Administration over torture.
revelette2

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2014 08:35 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Note also that I'm only proposing that the Republicans go after Clinton IF the Democrats go after the Bush Administration over torture.

As though there is any comparison.
oralloy

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2014 09:44 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

I acknowledge that there is a substantial difference between the two crimes:

The Bush Administration was trying to prevent innocent Americans from being brutally massacred.

Bill Clinton was trying to keep his affair secret.

I know that, in the view of the common Liberal, "trying to save the lives of innocent Americans" is one of the more dastardly things that someone can do, but I still think the Republicans should go after Mr. Clinton if the Democrats try to go after the Bush Administration.

25 years in a nice cold prison cell would do Bill Clinton a bit of good. Maybe he could write another book.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2014 10:57 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
They have no jurisdiction over the US.

-2 for showing Parados is full of ****. Why would the truth about International law upset people?

Are people here that opposed to the truth? It really is a pretty sorry bunch.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2014 11:17 am
Quote:
If you knew that there was a hidden nuclear time bomb planted somewhere in New York City — set to go off today — and you had a captured terrorist who knew where and when, would you not do anything whatever to make him tell you where and when? Would you pause to look up the definition of "torture"? Would you even care what the definition of "torture" was, when the alternative was seeing millions of innocent people murdered?

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/sowell-deploys-a-ttbs/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+OTB+%28Outside+The+Beltway+|+OTB%29
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2014 01:56 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:

When it comes to being a patriot, Clinton couldn't carry Bushs' jock strap.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2014 02:34 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

I do not believe that would violate the Constitution. I also don't believe that the courts would invalidate such a move.

It clearly would violate the US Constitution. Making or changing a law after the fact in order to punish someone is strictly prohibited in Section 1 Article 9.
Quote:

No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.

Maybe you should spend some time reading and trying to understand the Constitution. You clearly don't know much about it.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2014 02:46 pm
@parados,
Quote:
You clearly don't know much about it.

Everything the CIA did was cleared by an army of lawyers. Tell us where they broke the law. And then prove it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2014 02:50 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
It clearly would violate the US Constitution. Making or changing a law after the fact in order to punish someone is strictly prohibited in Section 1 Article 9.
Quote:

No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.

Maybe you should spend some time reading and trying to understand the Constitution. You clearly don't know much about it.

I know a very large amount about the Constitution. And I do not believe that my proposal would violate the section you listed (or any other sections for that matter).
parados

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2014 04:10 pm
@oralloy,
Perhaps you could post your definition of ex post facto.

Here is the one I think applies
Quote:
An ex post facto law (Latin for "from after the action" or "after the facts") is a law that retroactively changes the legal consequences (or status) of actions that were committed, or relationships that existed, before the enactment of the law.

You are proposing we change the legal status of filing charges for a crime after the time to file those charges has already expired. That is clearly changing the legal status of the crime.
oralloy

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2014 07:41 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Perhaps you could post your definition of ex post facto.

Here is the one I think applies
Quote:
An ex post facto law (Latin for "from after the action" or "after the facts") is a law that retroactively changes the legal consequences (or status) of actions that were committed, or relationships that existed, before the enactment of the law.

My definition applies to the law itself, but not to the statute of limitations for the law.