Torture, It's What's For Breakfast (and Lunch and Supper)

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 01:30 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

errrr nope

Well fine. I'll stop believing the propaganda then. Hmph.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 09:51 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It was in the senate report

And you believe a partisan report by democrats who lost their ass in the mid term elections and release a report in the 11 hour of a lame duck session???

And anyone who believes that Hussein wasn't trying to get WMDs is an idiot. The only thing Bush did wrong was he waited too long to find the evidence.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 10:14 am
@Lordyaswas,
You know nothing of how information is obtained or used in these situations. You believe everything CNN and MSBC tells you because you are one of the sheeple who follow blindly the tenets of the bleeding heart liberal scum.

I am confident that actionable information was obtained by the mere fact that there were no other 9/11 style episodes and would hope that any info of this type was kept from congress as I'm sure it was. A free and open society ends when doing so endangers all or give aid to the enemy. This report does nothing except gives an opportunity for leftist scum such as you to gnash their teeth and wring their hands. The CIA will do what is necessary and if smart wont disclose it to the sheeple.

If you lost a limb in some radical Muslim bombing in your town you'd be the first one to scream for their heads and have no problem if they tortured any of the accomplices to find the ring leader. That is usually the way of pricks like you.

You sit in your comfortable chair poo-pooing those who keep your worthless ass safe and allow you to freely spout your garbage. I am confident (and you can lie all you want) you have never taken the oath and worn the uniform to safeguard freedom. When you put in 6 years as I and my fellow Vets have done then you can talk to me about bravery you sanctimonious puke.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 10:18 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
So it is fine with you if my wife would have been waterboarded 183 times , for hours at a time, like we did to Khalid Sheikh Mohammed?

Well, which would you prefer...that or having her head cut off or being raped 183 times?
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 10:23 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Waterboarding is torture,... because he was water boarded during his training for the SBS.

Absolutely laughable. You compare what we did to cutting off heads? What a ******* hump you are.
giujohn

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 10:26 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
atone

ATONE??? Unfuckingbelievable. They killed 3000 innocent people on 9/11 and you want us to atone? This is the twisted thinking compliments of the liberal media and colleges warping the minds of the sheeple.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 10:28 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
This report was written by democrats for democrats

Finally... someone gets it.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 11:08 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Do you see the word enemy? What do you think that means? If it what you have to do is win, you do what it takes.

Quote:
Torture Did Not Reveal Bin Laden’s Whereabouts

Senator John McCain Denounces Waterboarding

“I opposed waterboarding and similar so‐called ‘enhanced interrogation techniques’ before Osama bin Laden was brought to justice. And I oppose them now. I do not believe they are necessary to our success in our war against terrorists, as the advocates of these techniques claim they are … it was not torture or cruel, inhuman, and degrading treatment of detainees that got us the major leads that ultimately enabled our intelligence community to find Osama bin Laden.”1

CIA Director Leon Panetta Denies Torture Provided Key Intelligence

“Let me further point out that we first learned about the facilitator/courier’s nom de guerre from a detainee not in CIA custody in 2002. It is also important to note that some detainees who were subjected to enhanced interrogation techniques attempted to provide false or misleading information about the facilitator/courier. These attempts to falsify the facilitator/courier’s role were alerting. In the end, no detainee in CIA custody revealed the facilitator/courier’s full true name or specific whereabouts. This information was discovered through other intelligence means. “2

Deputy National Security Advisor John Brennan Does Not Credit Waterboarding for Leads

Asked on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" whether waterboarding was used to get details that led to the Al Qaeda leader, Brennan said, "not to my knowledge." "There was no one critical bit of information provided by either a detainee or somebody else," he said. "What happened is there was a mosaic appearing over time and by diligent work and very strong work we pieced it together and it brought us to Abbottabad."3

"A number of leads have been pursued over the years. I think what this operation demonstrates is that there are some very, very good people who have been following bin Laden for many, many years. They have been very persistent. They have pulled on every thread. And as a result of that diligence and their analytic capabilities, they were able to track this and continue to build a body of evidence that suggested, circumstantially, that bin Laden was at that compound. That's what they did."4

Mike Hayden, Former CIA Director, Got No Intel From Waterboarding

"I'm willing to concede the point that no one gave us valuable or actionable intelligence while they were, for example, being waterboarded."5

source

The enhance interrogations is not how you win but how you loose, it led to false information and loss of resources and delays.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 11:14 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
The enhance interrogations is not how you win but how you loose, it led to false information and loss of resources and delays.

That is what the Democrats say. You know the ones that use that information to prevent another 911 why Obama is in office. They are talking out their asses. And you love that kind of talk.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 11:15 am
@giujohn,
When you quote me, don't use bold, it's the digital equivalent of big chunky crayons. I'll leave that to chimps like you.

So you're saying that the conduct of America should be judged against that of a terrorist group, not another democratic government, nor even that of a dictatorship like China.

There's a real rush to the bottom for creeps like you. Maybe your next Republican president can legalise the public beheading of people who provide abortion services, before long democracy will be dead and buried just like you want.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 11:23 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
So you're saying that the conduct of America should be judged against that of a terrorist group

Not terrorists, Islamists. You are too stupid or scared(I say the latter)to admit that Islam is the enemy. Everyone knows what they have done to your country.
So anything or government compared to the violent death cult shines through.

0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 11:34 am
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index_files/kenya-quarry.jpg
Quote:
Religion of Peace handiwork in Kenya, where dozens of non-Muslim
quarry workers were singled out and slaughtered by Islamists. Last
week's attack was similar to one occurring a few days before
in which the Christians were tortured before they were shot.

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 11:51 am
Funny, how coldjoint is like an annoying commercial in between a good discussion. Everyone should get to the loo while he's on!

as for guijohn - he's more dangerous! His way of thinking is the mindset of
the self proclaimed militia groups who see an enemy around every corner and they shoot before even asking. Gawd forbid anyone would find out what cowards they are.

On topic: the entire world knew of the torture practices they justified with the "war on terror". The U.S. itself just got a stamp of validity, that's all.
In my opinion, admittance is a step in the right direction!
izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 12:04 pm
@CalamityJane,
Agreed. The Spanish Inquisition were no strangers to torture, and they classed water boarding as torture. It was a torture technique they used quite often. The only difference is they weren't so mealy mouthed about it.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 12:40 pm
@izzythepush,
Thousands of witches only could be convicted due to torture.
But already in the 17th century, Friedrich Spee's famous work 'Cautio Criminalis', to the fury of the judges and torturers, could finally stop using torture to extract confessions.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 09:23 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
Funny, how coldjoint is like an annoying commercial in between a good discussion.

Funny how almost all you think the same thing about Islam. It is more than an annoyance and you do not have the guts to fight it. And fighting it may involve many things Islam condones, like torture.

Remember anything that advances Islam is sanctioned in their doctrine. And anything that stops them should be written into ours.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 09:40 pm
Quote:
ISIS Posts Guidelines For Owning Sex Slaves
27 tips on how to rape and punish sex slaves even if they are prepubescent

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/isis-posts-guidelines-owning-sex-slaves#.VIofFcAkOSI.twitter
How can torturing a few people like this be bad? Maybe it will give them pause, because violence is all they respect. This is a "whatever it takes" moment for Western civilization.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 11:05 pm
I'd really like to see the people who did it extradited to the Hague to be tried for crimes against humanity. Most of our opponents regularly do much worse to prisoners, but that's beside the point. We're not our opponents. We're America and we should hold ourselves to a higher standard.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 11:13 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
We're America and we should hold ourselves to a higher standard.

A noble thought. Now kiss your noble ass goodbye.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 11:48 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
we should hold ourselves to a higher standard.

I disagree. I do not want the world to be a place where Americans are prosecuted for crimes while others are allowed to commit the very same crimes against us with impunity.

I want the same standard to be applied to everyone equally.

Also, if we are to prosecute any Republicans, the first step needs to be a 30 year prison term for Bill Clinton. I object to holding Republicans to a higher standard than is applied to Democrats.