Is it crazy to talk to your cat?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 02:52 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:
Something terribly happened today! I was getting her to a vet appointment to have her spayed and immunized. She got out of her box(as was driving down the freeway) and somehow pushed the window button down and slipped out. I spent time looking for her with two kind bystanders helping). Still...it's been a terribly traumatic morning...she ran into the woods...couldn't find her...it sucks.. It's cold out there and wet...poor baby ..I 'm feeling pretty inadequate...the poor girl....
Something like that happened to me about 6O years ago.
I adopted a kitten. He had some little problem. I made an appointment for the vet
in a few days, Saturday morning. At that time, he was nowhere to be found.

After searching the house, I found him in a closet, hiding under
some cloths. He had never hidden before that appointment.
The vet asked to see him again in a week. A week later,
the same thing happened. He did not hide, except from
his veterinary appointments
. I never actually TOLD him
for when those appointments were scheduled; he knew anyway.
BillRM

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 03:19 pm
@Germlat,
You did the best you could for the girl and she is still better off now then she was before running into you as she will not have one litter after another now and she have the protections of those shots.

All we can do is our very best and sometimes it does not work out in a way we all would hope for.

I once have a little girl get out of a cage 25 years ago and disappear and those I search for weeks for her I never found her so I know your feelings.
Germlat

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 03:20 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I pulled over on the shoulder and tried to call out for her. Two complete strangers pulled over and helped (it was kind of them...it was raining). I drove around several times. I hope she finds a safe place to live....I never anticipated this. My dog Sam would ride in the car and loved it...I guess I have a lot to learn. In the end I learned I'm also a cat person...
BillRM

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 03:22 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
I guess I have a lot to learn. In the end I learned I'm also a cat person...

An that knowledge is likely to benefit other homeless cats in the future if not this little girl.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 03:23 pm
@BillRM,
Thanks Bill...I felt pretty inadequate...like I had failed her...still, I really was trying to do the best I could to care for her. I wish she could've been mine though...she was lovely!
Germlat

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 03:24 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 03:32 pm
@Germlat,
You rescued a cat. Never feel guilty or inadequate.
Germlat

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 03:42 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

You rescued a cat. Never feel guilty or inadequate.

That was my first experience with a cat...I'm going back to search for her this afternoon after traffic dies down...maybe I'll find her. I never even knew I could be a cat person...weird how life simply happens...
BillRM

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 04:40 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
That was my first experience with a cat...I'm going back to search for her this afternoon after traffic dies down...maybe I'll find her. I never even knew I could be a cat person...weird how life simply happens...

Try putting cat food out in the area so she might remain in the area and after she overcome her fright come out of hiding for you.

I once gave a cat to a friend and he got out on them and I ask them to keep placing food out in their back yard until I could go there on the weekend.

I then on the weekend placed cat food in front of me and I then fell asleep in my friend back yard waking up in the dark with the food gone.

I call his name BJ and out of the darkness he reply and then came calmly walking to me.

My friend did not get BJ back as I took him home with me where he live for ten years more or so before he pass away.
Germlat

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 04:51 pm
@BillRM,
I've called animal control, all the vet clinics in the area, etc. my concern is merely for her safety. If she finds a new home, that's great( although I'd prefer her being with me). Everyone asks if she was micro chipped...of course this was something I was going to do today! I'm frustrated. Thanks for the tip. I will leave food out. Funny thing is I'd call out for her and she'd come running...didn't even know cats did that. Also--she was litter trained within one week...maybe it had happened before. Above all else---she's lovely and I hope she is safe. It's cold and wet here.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 05:11 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:
I pulled over on the shoulder and tried to call out for her. Two complete strangers pulled over and helped (it was kind of them...it was raining). I drove around several times. I hope she finds a safe place to live....I never anticipated this. My dog Sam would ride in the car and loved it...I guess I have a lot to learn. In the end I learned I'm also a cat person...
I had a cat named Pussy Cat.
I rescued him from the ASPCA,
who wud have murdered him, as a kitten.

He grew up. Several years later, my mom rescued a real cute kitten,
named Flossie, who was in imminent peril from too many fleas,
out on Long Island. After my mom got Flossie home, I killed the fleas.
Pussy Cat took offense at this intrusion; within a day, he indignantly
went out the door and we never saw him again. Its been over 5O years now,
so I don t hold out much hope.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 05:58 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat, I feel terrible about what happened with your cat. Pushed the window button down!! what a cat! Is it an area where you can distribute flyers at all? I know you likely don't have a photo, but even a flyer with a description might help.
Or not.

If you don't find her, I hope she finds another good home.
Germlat

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 06:57 pm
@ossobuco,
I really don't know what to do. I feel
Like an an idiot. If it where a dog I'd have more sense. A cat...not so much! I've called the animal shelters, vets, etc...I really like that sweet girl (my first ever cat)..I hope I can get her back ...or at least know she's ok.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 07:34 pm
@Germlat,
Good you called the shelters and vets..
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 02:27 am
@Germlat,
Cats can disappear and come back. I had a cat who disappeared for nearly two weeks, then turned up for breakfast as if nothing had happened.
Germlat

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 09:56 am
@izzythepush,
The thing is she didn't disappear from my home. We were at least 10 miles away...I know dogs sometimes find their way back. Can cats do this as well? I hope so.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 09:58 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Cats can disappear and come back.
I had a cat who disappeared for nearly two weeks,
then turned up for breakfast as if nothing had happened.
Well, after 5O years and my move from NY to Florida,
I 'm beginning to lose confidence.
Germlat

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 10:25 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

izzythepush wrote:

Cats can disappear and come back.
I had a cat who disappeared for nearly two weeks,
then turned up for breakfast as if nothing had happened.
Well, after 5O years and my move from NY to Florida,
I 'm beginning to lose confidence.

Laughing yep...haven't met a 50 year old kitty yet. My husband's grandmother did have one that lived 24 years (no fooling)...
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 10:34 am
My cat plays feline chess during fine weather.

The rules are, I think, that each cat has to take up a position in their territory where they can see three other cats, but can't be seen themselves.

I think my cat won yesterday, as she has been very smug today.
0 Replies

Liverill

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 10:51 am
@Banana Breath,
Is not crazy at all, he is a living creature afterall
0 Replies