Bill Cosby accused of Rape - say it ain't so

FOUND SOUL

Wed 30 Dec, 2015 02:34 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Bill Cosby was questioned under oath during a civil case brought by Andrea Constand in 2005. A judge was persuaded to unseal the document a decade after it was written. In it he admits to using drugs to dope women with whom he wanted to have sex - but insisted it was with their knowledge. He also admits to paying women to keep quiet.

I fail to see why he thinks he is innocent.
cicerone imposter

Wed 30 Dec, 2015 03:26 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
As a successful star, his head grew bigger than the environment in which he lived.
FOUND SOUL

Wed 30 Dec, 2015 07:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Like all of them! Tiny Kangaroo Down included Smile
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 2 Jan, 2016 07:41 am
@FOUND SOUL,
He thinks that if he wasn't found guilty or even tried, he's as good as innocent. Money and power and getting away with it for years and years will do that to a person.
cicerone imposter

Sat 2 Jan, 2016 11:49 am
@bobsal u1553115,
The media killed the idea that Bill Cosby was a good man. There's no way he's going to enjoy his previous stature. Betcha, he's going to age very fast. His name is mud.
ehBeth

Sat 2 Jan, 2016 12:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'm more inclined to blame the media for covering this up for so long than to blame the media for Cosby's current troubles.
cicerone imposter

Sat 2 Jan, 2016 12:54 pm
@ehBeth,
How the media handles information has always been a mystery to me. They usually go overboard on the news of the day - even when it's not that unusual.
FOUND SOUL

Sat 2 Jan, 2016 03:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Apparently, they got a lot of pressure put on them, as the ruling came back in his favour, so they published something else instead. I guess papers don't want to get sued, if they can't back it up, they are stuffed.

Simular situation with the recent book written about Cosby, the author claimed the same, no proof, legality dictated what he "didn't " include in the book.

Money talks
Bullshit walks

Until, caught.

That didn't rhyme!!
cicerone imposter

Sat 2 Jan, 2016 03:12 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I prefer facts over rhymes.
FOUND SOUL

Sat 2 Jan, 2016 03:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Since when did you "not" have a sense of humor! It's morning, life is about smiling as well.

How factual can one get? This is what the editor who wrote the article in 2005 claimed, as to why he didn't include the allegations as well as the recent publisher of the book, 2014, claimed in person. I would take that as factual.
cicerone imposter

Sat 2 Jan, 2016 03:30 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I've been going with what I've been reading on this thread.
FOUND SOUL

Sat 2 Jan, 2016 03:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Fair enough Smile

When ever anyone writes on here, I admit, I go and have another google search, today I went back to 2005, so that I could clearly see at least in my mind, why it all seemed to have "gone away" in 2005.

I actually read on face-book this morning, someone posting claiming this is all because Cosby is black. Likened the situation to white people getting off from murder, yet Cosby because he's black is being crucified. This bothers me.

A rapist is a rapist, too many women no matter what year it is, shut up, don't believe they will be "believed" and too many rapists or close to, get off scott free.

Carmila is now having to stand in Court under oath, pertaining to discussions had between them and has tried to squash that, husband wife privilege but has been denied.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 5 Jan, 2016 08:21 am
http://media.cagle.com/91/2016/01/05/173644_600.jpg
FOUND SOUL

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 02:35 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bill-cosby-scandal/bill-cosby-escapes-criminal-charges-two-rape-cases-n491581

Quote:
Bill Cosby won't face criminal charges on two rape accusations — one from just eight years ago and another five decades old.

The Los Angeles District Attorney's Office has ruled that too much time passed to prosecute Cosby for assaulting a woman who claims she was 17 in 1965 when the disgraced funnyman "forced her to have sexual intercourse" at a home in the Hollywood Hills

Prosecutors also decided not to go after Cosby for allegedly assaulting a then 18-year-old woman in 2008 who is identified in the document as "Jane Doe #2." She claimed she met Cosby at the Playboy Mansion and that he molested her after giving her a spiked drink.

"We are satisfied that the Los Angeles DA's Office fully and fairly evaluated all the facts and evidence, and came to the right conclusion," Cosby lawyer Chris Tayback said in a statement.

Judge Delays Deposition of Bill Cosby's Wife in Defamation Suit.

Here's hoping he didn't pay off the Judge!!
bobsal u1553115

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 02:41 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Or maybe hoping he did?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 03:19 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
$$$ still talks in legalese.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 02:24 pm
http://media.cagle.com/139/2016/01/08/173857_600.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 02:51 pm
http://www.cbc.ca/radio/q/schedule-for-friday-january-8-2016-1.3394973/bill-cosby-and-the-optics-of-courtroom-apparel-1.3394980

there is a link to a 15 minute radio feature there

a good listen

Quote:
Did Bill Cosby wake up the morning of his formal arraignment and arbitrarily decide on his outfit? Pulitzer-Prize-winning fashion critic Robin Givhan seriously doubts that.

In the court of public opinion, Givhan argues that apparel is no trivial matter — and that Cosby's grandfatherly sweater was a very calculated choice.

"When it comes to these kinds of court appearances ... trying to influence public opinion begins from the moment that person is viewed, in public, as the accused."
cicerone imposter

Sat 9 Jan, 2016 03:51 pm
@ehBeth,
Interesting. I remember studying about interviewing prospective employees, first appearances is very important.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 10 Jan, 2016 08:36 am
@ehBeth,
I think they will also do everything possible to accentuate everything possible that indicates Bill is a frail old man incapable of having been 'that' Bill Cosby. I remember in the mid nineties when I first heard there was a lawsuit and Bill settled thinking just like hi lawyers wanted me to think: Bill could never do this, The woman had a mental problem, Bill settled because it was cheaper and there was a wish by Bill to "help" this poor woman.

Boy did I fall for it.