Bill Cosby accused of Rape - say it ain't so

hawkeye10

Thu 6 Aug, 2015 07:31 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

I'll take justice from where-ever it comes from.
Stretching the law so that people we want to be gotten can be got is not justice. Cosby has a good case that the state is violating its own statutes of limitations laws in order to let this case move forwards.
firefly

Fri 7 Aug, 2015 06:06 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Cosby has a good case that the state is violating its own statutes of limitations laws in order to let this case move forwards.

Cosby has no case, which is why this civil suit is moving forward and he'll have to give his deposition.

Actually, in the court of public opinion, I think his accusers have finally found some justice in his now indelibly tarnished and altered reputation. The preponderance of the evidence--as contained in their allegations--has finally been afforded credibility and it will forever change how he is viewed.

I'm glad this has happened while he was alive to witness it and to watch while his legacy fell apart. That is justice of a sort that is just as powerful as a criminal conviction--the real man behind the phony "good guy" persona has finally been revealed--and there is no statute of limitations on that sort of exposure and unmasking.

The N.Y. magazine cover was brilliant--a picture is, indeed, worth a 1,000 words.
FOUND SOUL

Sat 8 Aug, 2015 03:53 pm
@firefly,
I could not agree more FF.

The law is "man made" to protect people but just like everything in life, there are pitfalls that can not be jumped and then Karma becomes a bitch.

Quote:
In 1999, Bill Cosby released a book for recent college graduates called, Congratulations! Now What? Though the book has been out in the world for 16 years, some disturbing aspects take on second meaning in light of recent allegations.

In the book, the comedian tells readers how lucky they are to have graduated, since they no longer have to deal with "campus sex police." In a chapter titled, "No More Pre-Caressing Agreements," Cosby describes how silly it is that men need to get permissions to have sexual relations with women they find attractive.
In the chapter, Cosby makes fun of how affirmative consent --a standard that replaces "no means no" with "only yes means yes" -- is unrealistic to how sex works. Cosby goes on about "manuals" (italicization his) that "tell the men the permissions they need" before they can start making moves.

Per Cosby, "campus sex police" are always "ready to charge you with sexual harassment if you put your hand on any woman besides one who had asked you for help in crossing the street."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bill-cosby-congratulations-now-what-sexual-assault_55c38adde4b0923c12bbd4fe
hawkeye10

Sat 8 Aug, 2015 04:12 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
The law is "man made" to protect people

the law is made to protect people, to include the accused. A lot of people like to ignore that part of justice.
FOUND SOUL

Sun 9 Aug, 2015 02:05 am
@hawkeye10,
I don't need to point out to you Hawkeye his whaa whaa can't get me, I know the law.

I do need to point out to you though that anyone with intelligence that decides to look at a situation with interest "will" look into it further before making a judgement and what is amusing, is that 9 out of 10 times, these guys tell the World what they are doing as they are doing it / after they have done it, in such a round about way, laugh whilst doing it such as his written words above in his book, such as his joke live on stage/ TV for all to hear about Spanish flies in drinks and how he would love to be in that corner of the room, in other words, they all tell what they are doing because they think they are smarter than the law.

Well Cosby ain't that smart after all.

At his age, a sentence of this type as FF pointed out just destroyed him more than any other sentence could and if I was that Judge still making sure that his name keeps in the spot light and requesting confirmation from him, If I was him/ her I'd be doing the same thing .. Because Karma is a Bitch.
hawkeye10

Sun 9 Aug, 2015 02:55 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Because Karma is a Bitch.

You say of the guy who likely has done ten times the good works of the best A2K member.

JUSTICE!
hawkeye10

Sun 9 Aug, 2015 03:03 am
@hawkeye10,
If I were Bill I would find a place like the Atlantic to write a self defense of his life. In it is an apology for not being a better role model, he is putting almost all of his assets in a charitable trust and he is retiring. Then he thanks America for many great years of living the American dream. And he should write that he got a little fill of himself talking about the problems of blacks but that he feels good that at least he admitted the truth, and least he tried to do something.

And then disappear.
FOUND SOUL

Sun 9 Aug, 2015 04:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
that at least he admitted the truth, and least he tried to do something.

Yeah that may be good for his Soul but I'm betting not, anyone that brags about what he's done, via a book, via a video laughing in the background that no one knows what "he" has done, wouldn't give a **** about the truth, to him the truth is, suck it up women, big deal, I didn't need your permission happens all the time.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Thu 20 Aug, 2015 03:09 am
@FOUND SOUL,
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/donald-trump-on-bill-cosby-sexual-assault-allegations-2015-8

Quote:
Donald Trump 'had one bad experience' with Bill Cosby.

“I was never a fan,” Trump added to THR. “His humour was always, like, slow and stupid to me. I never saw it. And then he’s obviously got this stuff. What amazes me is he was so quiet and then you see these depositions. What was he doing? Was he drunk? You see he admitted all this stuff on top of everything else. I think he’s weird. And I never found his humour good at all. Just sit in a chair, talk very slowly? And I say to myself, ‘What’s this all about?’

“I had one bad experience with him,” the real estate mogul continued. “I was on ‘Letterman,’ and he was following me on the show. He said, ‘Oh, I want to buy you a suit.’ It was nice, he bought me a suit. And then he was on [NBC’s ‘Today’ show], and my name was mentioned, and he went absolutely crazy. And I said, ‘What the hell was that all about?'”

Slightly smiling here, buys him a suit? I do agree, lordy don't let him run as President Trump but sounds as if he was trying to "buy" some love, another notch in his belt and jealousy............................................

0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Sun 23 Aug, 2015 04:14 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
How is it with so many alledged victims, Cosby's still alive? What's the latest count? 30? 30 families of women drugged and raped and no one gives a **** enough to end him?

Someone rapes my family memeber or someone I love and care about not only will I murder you, but I'll get Dexter all up and down your ass first and make you suffer.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 11:03 pm
@HesDeltanCaptain,
Bullshit threats about imaginary people. Whats really sick is how deeply you've contemplated the rape of your female relatives. No wonder no one in your family will leave their children alone with Uncle HesDeltanCaptain.
hawkeye10

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 11:12 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

. Whats really sick is how deeply you've contemplated the rape of your female relatives. No wonder no one in your family will leave their children alone with Uncle HesDeltanCaptain.

So when Bernard Shaw asked Dukakis on a debate seen by many millions :

Quote:
``if Kitty Dukakis were raped and murdered, would you favor an irrevocable death penalty for the killer?

That was what?

See the problem BOB is that there are people around here who are wise and worldly enough to call you on your bullshit. Maybe you need to take yourself to someplace that is dumber. Another option would be for you to get smarter.

And BTW you are a prick.
Builder

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 11:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
there are people around here who are wise and worldly enough to call you on your bullshit.

I called you on yours, Hawk. You're jealous of Cosby. It shows.

Quote:
Maybe you need to take yourself to someplace that is dumber.

Is that really an option? You're part of the furniture here, right?

Quote:
Another option would be for you to get smarter.

Not holding my breath.
hawkeye10

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 11:24 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
I called you on yours, Hawk. You're jealous of Cosby

I said so myself. He took a so so talent and did so much with it, and he had a lot of fun doing it. He was part of that first generation of blacks who got treated as well as they would have if he was white, that had to be so much fun, and the parties of the 60's and 70's, best buds with Hef, all those women who wanted him BAD, and having a brilliant wife to run his business AND let him **** around....yeah, I am jealous. I seriously doubt that there is a single person at A2K who is Bill Cosby's equal.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 11:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
Says the guy who claimed his children benefited from being molested by a family acquaintance.

Your example is stupid. But you knew that.

Quote:
See the problem BOB is that there are people around here who are wise and worldly enough to call you on your bullshit.

Too bad you aren't one of them. You're not even half of one of them.

Quote:
you need to take yourself to someplace that is dumber.

I think you dumb down this place enough to make me seem brilliant.

Quote:
Another option would be for you to get smarter.

At least I have that option. There's no hope for you, pervert.

Quote:
And BTW you are a prick.

Projecting, again, eh? I'd say it takes one to know one, but the only one you know watches you shave every morning wishing you'd didn't use an electric shaver, wanting desperately to cut your throat for you.

hawkeye10

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 11:47 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
It is " all about Hawkeye. Again. Which means that you are out of arguments. Again.
Builder

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 11:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I seriously doubt that there is a single person at A2K who is Bill Cosby's equal.

You respect a guy who drugs and rapes young girls and women, then look for "equals" on a rational debate forum?

You're a very special kind of fucked up, aren't you?
bobsal u1553115

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 11:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
You're the ass that makes it all about Hawkeye.

Your statement is:

REJECTED.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 24 Aug, 2015 11:54 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
very special kind of fucked up

VERY SPECIAL kind of fucked up.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Tue 25 Aug, 2015 12:00 am
@Builder,
Quote:
You respect a guy who drugs and rapes young girls and women

I dont know this. Women who dealt with him clearly sometimes came away from the experience feeling hurt, which is a problem, but based upon everything I have seen on the public arena when he pressured women he always let them say no, and when they did he stopped, it was part of his code. There are a few women who claim otherwise, and I think they are misremembering or lying. This could be wrong, but anyone who wants a different evaluation from me is going to have to show me more and better evidence. He took every inch the morals of the time allowed to get his freak on, but I dont think he went over the line. Today the line is in a much different place, and we cant justly hold the ancient Cosby to that standard.