Bill Cosby accused of Rape - say it ain't so

farmerman

Thu 23 Jul, 2015 06:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
in what way is the state involved right now?
Arent these charges civil?? not criminal to date.
I dont think that hes going to suffer ay criminal chargs. Isnt any staute of limitations involved??
He is just ******* himself by remaining unable to deal with this. Im sure he has lotsa PEOPLE on his payroll.

I think, If I was Mrs Cosby, Id be looking at which state in which they hold residences is she gonna serve him.
In Pa its a non negotiable 50% rule for marital assets no matter who's the bread winner.
nydia2013

Thu 23 Jul, 2015 06:53 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:

I think, If I was Mrs Cosby, Id be looking at which state in which they hold residences is she gonna serve him.
In Pa its a non negotiable 50% rule for marital assets no matter who's the bread winner.

I've read that Mrs.Cosby has been aware of Cosby's infidelity for a very long time but looked the other way. If she were smart she should have been hiding money in private accounts down through the years along with investments and would be quite well off if the worse came about. By the time Cosby is finished paying his high priced lawyers, his wealth might be quite diminished.
hawkeye10

Thu 23 Jul, 2015 07:00 pm
@nydia2013,
If Camille was going to break from Bill she would have done it long long ago. The left remains deeply ignorant about why good women often stay with and support rouges.

Info for the ignorant: It was Camille who last week in a meeting with lawyers witl bill who gave the orders that everyone needs to get off their asses and get on camera as much as they can to give the argument that Bill is a good guy. It was not Bill, and I think this is because he is embarrassed by his erotic and ego needs.

Somebody needs to sit this guy down and explain to him that the best comedians always have a rich inner life and almost always also an deep dark side. Sometimes we have no choice but to take the good with the bad. we did not get to decide how we are made.
Ionus

Thu 23 Jul, 2015 07:11 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Yeah, 47 women just hate him
The point is if we get 47 people to say you did something are you guilty of everyone of the claims ? Or do you have legal rights ? Isnt that the problem, that people say they had their rights taken away but you dont mind doing it to Cosby ? Its the entertainment industry for crying out loud . How many emotionally disturbed and fantasy personalities do you think there are ?

"The laws are like the trees in a forest . Cutting down one or two can become a habit when you are chasing a wolf, but what will protect us when the winds of Satan blow ?" (paraphrased from Sir Thomas Moore)
hawkeye10

Thu 23 Jul, 2015 07:15 pm
@Ionus,
Oh but you dont understand: one must be pure as the driven snow to be allowed to contribute, helping humanity is an honor and a privilege, only the chosen are allowed.

These people who piss all over Cosby are as dumb as bricks, they are so self ignorant that I can hardly believe it, no wonder humanity is in such deep trouble.
Ionus

Thu 23 Jul, 2015 07:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yes, we as a group expect far more from our representatives and leaders than we would ever demand from ourselves . Cosby did good, and if we are to lock up every over-sexed young person, I will be the last one standing .... Very Happy

Does anyone have a reference for him spiking drinks ?

The standard of getting a woman's permission has been around for a very long time though the punishment varied . In Medieval Europe, rape was punishable by a heavy fine . If he is guilty of rape, we should look at that as a very bad flaw in a character who tried to help black people, who gave people a laugh and a new look at things .
farmerman

Thu 23 Jul, 2015 07:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
The left remains deeply ignorant about why good women often stay with and support rouges.

Where the **** do you come up with this ****? Im sure she's changed her rouges many times over the years
hawkeye10

Thu 23 Jul, 2015 07:29 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
The left remains deeply ignorant about why good women often stay with and support rouges.

Where the **** do you come up with this ****?

this has been a major subject of conversation for a long time, ever since Spitzer got found out. These displays of ignorance are not in your favor.
0 Replies

Ionus

Thu 23 Jul, 2015 07:31 pm
@nydia2013,
Quote:
I've read that Mrs.Cosby has been aware of Cosby's infidelity for a very long time but looked the other way.
Why have you assumed she wasnt getting a bit on the side too ? They might even have agreed to do so...
hawkeye10

Thu 23 Jul, 2015 07:34 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
I've read that Mrs.Cosby has been aware of Cosby's infidelity for a very long time but looked the other way.
Why have you assumed she wasnt getting a bit on the side too ? They might even have agreed to do so...
I thinks that she is a generous soul who knows that Bill Genus is driven by a dark side, that you dont get one without the other. And she thought that the world needed a brilliant Bill. I hope she writes a book.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 23 Jul, 2015 07:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

These people who piss all over Cosby are as dumb as bricks, they are so self ignorant that I can hardly believe it, no wonder humanity is in such deep trouble.
Im the only honest one here. Youve exonerated him for no reason while "the left" has been busy excoriating him. The issue that needs to be determined (with the preponderance of evidence supporting) is that he is truly rsponsible and then maybe guilty of a crime. Both sides are busy jumping-on or fist pumping.
If hes responsible, he should be punished as a criminal, if not, then let him and his ole lady settle it as family matter.She knows she cant leave him now, that would surely cut down the overall pile of momey as it i sign of Cosby's overall vulnerability to more and bigger settlements.

Thebest he can hope for are smaller settlements, Hes already given in with one settlement and, since the whole settlement amount hs been sealed, Im not sure that it can even be used as plaintiffs evidence for these new charges. Im no lawyer. But Id like to see two opinions from Tico and Joe from Chi'. They both sit at different poles of reality.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 23 Jul, 2015 07:58 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Does anyone have a reference for him spiking drinks ?

that is apparently what many of the complaints are about - there are several links in this thread
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 23 Jul, 2015 08:02 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Arent these charges civil?? not criminal to date.

statute of limitations - apparently the only route is civil at this date

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/07/22/bill_cosby_loses_california_supreme_court_petition_in_huth_civil_case.html

Quote:
Judy Huth is one of more than 40 women to come forward with stories of sexual abuse at the hands of Cosby. Cosby never faced criminal charges for the allegations, all of which exceed the statute of limitations on such crimes.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 23 Jul, 2015 08:05 pm
@farmerman,
http://myfox8.com/2015/07/09/criminal-charges-still-possible-against-bill-cosby/

then again, there is one that might still lead to criminal charges

Quote:
Many of Cosby’s dozens of accusers said he raped, sexually assaulted or drugged them as early as the ’60s, ’70s and ’80s.

But Chloe Goins said Cosby assaulted her in 2008. She came forward to Los Angeles police this year. Her attorney said he believes Goins may be the first accuser to have a case that still falls within the statute of limitations.

Goins said Cosby sexually assaulted her at the Playboy Mansion.

“She was drugged. She doesn’t know what happened. She blacked out and woke up finding Mr. Cosby over her as she was in a state of complete undress,” attorney Spencer Kuvin said in January.

On Wednesday, Kuvin said he had been in touch with the state’s attorney and that his client’s case still falls within the statute of limitations in both criminal and civil court. He offered no further comment.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 23 Jul, 2015 08:08 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
if the complainer wants to hear Cosby's version of events she should file a civil case and get the judge there to demand that Cosby talk.

that is what is happening in the Huth case (the post immediately above yours)

civil case - judge has said he is to be deposed - his lawyers lost that run at stonewalling
nydia2013

Thu 23 Jul, 2015 08:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
...as as a perv myself...

I thought there was something oddly out of place with you. As a "perv" do you consult a therapist frequently? Or are you currently residing in a home for the mentally unstable?
hawkeye10

Thu 23 Jul, 2015 09:30 pm
@nydia2013,
Quote:
As a "perv" do you consult a therapist frequently?
No, I tie my wife up, beat her, and pimp her out to other guys. All of which she loves, much of this was her idea.

I am not much liked around here. That I have more than my share of fun is part of the reason.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 23 Jul, 2015 09:36 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:
if the complainer wants to hear Cosby's version of events she should file a civil case and get the judge there to demand that Cosby talk.

that is what is happening in the Huth case (the post immediately above yours)

civil case - judge has said he is to be deposed - his lawyers lost that run at stonewalling

YA, I had thought that was LAPD. SInce there is a civil case pending he needs to talk, but I think most likely the only honest answer has to be " I have no ******* clue what happened over those couple of hours 40 years ago, though i am honored that you think I might remember".
0 Replies

firefly

Sat 25 Jul, 2015 12:06 pm
Cosby deposition: Quaaludes came from L.A. gynecologist
By Sonia Moghe, CNN
Sat July 25, 2015
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/24/us/cosby-deposition-quaaludes/

A gynecologist? Rolling Eyes And one with a very checkered reputation.
Quote:
Cosby said Amar -- who died before Cosby gave the deposition -- gave him seven prescriptions for Quaaludes for a sore back.

"Did he know when he gave you those prescriptions that you had no intention of taking them?" Troiani asked Cosby.

"Yes," Cosby replied. It was not clear from the deposition how the doctor would have known that.

"Did you believe at the time that it was illegal for you to dispense those drugs?" Troiani asked Cosby.

"Yes," Cosby replied, according to the deposition.

Well, Cosby seems to have dispensed them anyway.
ehBeth

Sat 25 Jul, 2015 12:11 pm
@firefly,
things just get stranger and stranger