Fri 10 Jul, 2015 11:41 am
I think hes chumming for a deal with minimum jail time
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 10 Jul, 2015 12:54 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:
I also dont know Cosby's side of the story.

It's in his deposition from 2005 which is now public knowledge. Easy enough to go and read if you are interested in this matter.

Only parts of the deposition are available, and we know that his lawyer did not let him answer some questions. His side of the story is not available to us.
ehBeth

Fri 10 Jul, 2015 12:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
we know that his lawyer did not let him answer some questions

and that tells us a lot right there since we know what some of those questions were

fman's probably right
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 10 Jul, 2015 01:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/08/bill-cosby-faces-another-lawsuit

Quote:
Two days after court documents from a 2005 deposition were released in which Bill Cosby admitted to buying Quaaludes with the intent of giving them to women he wanted to have sex with, the embattled comedian faces another legal motion from the woman at the center of the 2005 lawsuit.

In documents filed Wednesday and obtained by EW, Andrea Constand says Cosby and his legal team violated the confidentiality agreement they made in the 2006 settlement of the case, which also includes the 13 “Jane Doe” witnesses in her 2005 lawsuit, many of whom have come forward in recent months. She also seeks relief from provisions of the agreement that “prohibit her from making fair response to the numerous and inaccurate statements and innuendos” made by Cosby and his team.

In addition to being relieved from the confidentiality agreement, Constand wants all of the transcripts from the deposition released “so that the public can make a determination as to whether or not the statements and questions were taken out of context.” Some of the documents were unsealed Monday after the Associated Press went to court to compel their release. In them, Cosby also admitted to giving the sedatives to at least one woman and having sex with her. He also said he gave the plaintiff three half pills of Benadryl.

Cosby’s legal team tried to keep Cosby’s statements under wraps by arguing that the comedian is not a public figure, but Judge Eduardo Robreno of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania unsealed the deposition, stating that Cosby “has donned the mantle of public moralist and mounted the proverbial electronic or print soap box to volunteer his views on, among other things, childrearing, family life, education and crime,” and that by doing so, “he has voluntarily narrowed the zone of privacy that he is entitled to claim.”

(there are links behind some of the comments when you go to the article)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 10 Jul, 2015 01:05 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

He did not give them sedatives . He gave them tranquilizers .

if you want to argue with someone, you can argue with the lawyers/reporters about the terminology

Quote:
Bill Cosby admitted in a 2005 deposition that he obtained Quaaludes with the intent of drugging young women in order to have sex with them, according to newly released court documents obtained by EW. The 77-year-old comedian also admitted giving the sedative to at least one women.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/06/bill-cosby-admitted-drugging-woman-newly-released-2005-court-documents
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 10 Jul, 2015 01:07 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
but deep down they want to hate, so me and you get hated lots !

don't assume how people feel about you and your posting style.
farmerman

Fri 10 Jul, 2015 01:38 pm
@Ionus,
I missed this entirely. I assume wou were talking to HAwkeye
Quote:
but deep down they want to hate, so me and you get hated lots ! It makes them feel emotional, something they are naturally driven towards
I dont think anybody thinks one jot about you until you spew some of your stupid bile and then people respond with hopes that you can see common sense.

Perhaps not
FOUND SOUL

Fri 10 Jul, 2015 02:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Maybe he liked to rape, but at this point I dont know.

I spent about 5 minutes looking

Why do you do that? Wink
hawkeye10

Fri 10 Jul, 2015 03:24 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

Quote:
Maybe he liked to rape, but at this point I dont know.

I spent about 5 minutes looking

Why do you do that? Wink

Because IDK what she claims the consent for the drugs going into her body was. Some of these women claim that Cosby must have drugged them without their knowledge, some claim that they willingly took pills he gave them without caring what they were, some claim that he told them what they were but pressured them to take time. Is anyone claiming that he did like Madison says Hef did...."I have some ludes which makes sex more fun, take them or not as you wish"?

As you know from the various rape threads I dont consider having sex with someone who is drugged up or drunk is rape so long as they are not passed out and so long as they knew what they were putting in their body, or should have. The state can say what ever they want, but I can disagree, and do on the definition of rape. I have no sympathy for these idiotic women who take drugs that someone hands them without asking what they are.
FOUND SOUL

Fri 10 Jul, 2015 04:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Because IDK what she claims the consent for the drugs going into her body was.

Quote:
as they knew what they were putting in their body, or should have

Quote:
As you know from the various rape threads I dont consider having sex with someone who is drugged up or drunk is rape so long as they are not passed out and so long as they knew what they were putting in their body, or should have

Start with the bottom one. Yes, Hawkeye I know your stance on rape and I imagine that you would see it differently. If you were to offer a woman a drug and advise her that it will send her into a different state one that she will enjoy even more, sexually and she takes it. She knew what she was doing.

Yes, Hef "appears" to have openly offered drugs and if taken, yes it was/is the responsibility of those women from there. Like I said I have no doubt especially back in those days where drugs were a free spirited thing to some that those women took them to be part of something, in with the crowd, to go into some place that would hopefully make them forget what was going to happen next to further their career, what ever their thoughts were, they were aware of what they were taking.

Let's look at that. Cosby was "buddies" he was Hef's right hand guy for some years in the Playboy Mansion if I am correct there was even a tunnel underground to get there. So no one knew who went in there. So he saw what Hef was doing. Then he saw these girls remember some were "girls" and he wanted them to perform on him, but he knew that they were too young to consider touching an old guy he was what 35? They 17? So he put drugs into their drinks, all he did was offer a drink.. Call them naïve. There was no consent in those instances, he played on the vulnerable, he even swayed some of their Mothers promising careers and claiming he was going to teach them a good citizen. Would any Mother throw their child to a wolf knowingly? So what, then that Mother is naïve as well, believing him? He is an Actor they know how to spin a story that would be believable. Let's face it.

So if a 17 year old child becoming a woman "should have known" and a "Mother who gave permission for Cosby to teach her daughter how to achieve in his Industry "should have known" then seriously you are suggesting that 100% of women "should have known" yet just in this scenario two 17 year olds "did not" and two Mothers "did not" and guess what? We all make mistakes, we all are trusting to a degree, some more than others so no, they should not have known, they trusted.

Let's not look at this one eyed. That being all women "should have known what was going into their bodies" .

This man was in a lot of their eyes a mentor. Quite clever really. If you bother reading you will find that he sourced the girls he wanted, women. He targeted them, he even followed 2 of them around for a while, watching them, he stalked them and he made false promises in such a way that they believed him, he was deceitful in his minds eye he knew what he wanted and he went out there to get it. He knew girls took drugs he watched them and more than likely watched and participated in the orgies. But this was more, he wanted to take from those that wouldn't give it to him, he wanted to be even more of a King that Hef. Or he wanted to be Hef an abundance of women at his feet but his fetish, drugged, un-known to them and getting them to do what he wanted. Remember in a lot of cases " I did not have sexual relations with that girl".... Just a hand job. Respect somewhat for his wife? Non trust that the girls didn't play around and what they may have ? Who knows.

The bottom line is, as you stated you have spent 5 minutes reading up on Cosby.

As you know.

If I start a thread I spend hours upon hours and don't look at anything one sided, rather search for all sides and in that.. The above is my stance until you bother spending time reading up on Cosby honestly, you can't make a judgement call on him, rather on girls that take drugs in particular that should know what they are doing which you have stated. But, which I kinda as a "girl" back then / naturally woman now have counter-acted. We are not all the same people you know that. Mistakes happen especially in trust.
hawkeye10

Fri 10 Jul, 2015 05:25 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
The bottom line is, as you stated you have spent 5 minutes reading up on Cosby.

No, I stated that I had just spent 5 minutes trying to find out what this woman claims the consent arrangement was with drugs going into her body, and failed.
farmerman

Fri 10 Jul, 2015 05:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
whattya mean sh failed. COSBY paod up and the agreement was sealed. You cannot draw a conclusion that favors vindication of Cosby from those happenings
hawkeye10

Fri 10 Jul, 2015 07:37 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

whattya mean sh failed. COSBY paod up and the agreement was sealed. You cannot draw a conclusion that favors vindication of Cosby from those happenings

All I know is that he likes drugged sex, which I dont have a problem with. And that he paid means nothing, as when you are in his position there is a good case for paying even if innocent.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 10 Jul, 2015 07:40 pm
@farmerman,
the lawyer stopped Cosby from answering during the deposition and $$ was paid with a silence clause

that she now wants more released, that his team is attempting to prevent ... the hints are turning into shouts
0 Replies

Ionus

Fri 10 Jul, 2015 07:42 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
it's okay to have sex with unconscious people
Having sex with an unconscious person is rape . Getting drunk and having sex is the same as getting drunk and driving a car . No excuses, you are responsible for your actions . Can you show where any of these women were unconscious because that drug doesn't do that .
Ionus

Fri 10 Jul, 2015 07:44 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
I dont think anybody thinks one jot about you until you spew some of your stupid bile
And then they hate...so if I didn't post except to reinforce their opinion, they would tolerate me ? How stupid are you ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Fri 10 Jul, 2015 07:47 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
don't assume how people feel about you and your posting style.
Should I go by a thumb count ? I can not make a post anywhere without being marked down at least 3 points . THAT is hate . THAT is not an assumption . The left whingers spend all their time trying to convince others they love everything...they need me to feel hate as a release .
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sat 11 Jul, 2015 02:32 pm
Quote:
Quaaludes, the brand name for methaqualone, were a popular sleeping pill in the 1960s and were used in the 1970s and ’80s as a club drug, particularly to help people come off of a cocaine high. In 1973, they were classified as a Schedule 11 federal narcotic, which means doctors could still prescribe quaaludes but it was illegal to abuse them (Adderall is a Schedule 11 drug today). In 1984 President Ronald Reagan signed a law banning the production of the drug, making it illegal. Cosby’s admission concerns a period during the 1970s, when quaaludes would have been legal with a prescription.

Philip Jenkins, a professor of history at Baylor University and the author of Decade of Nightmares: The End of the Sixties and the Making of Eighties America, who spoke generally about the use of quaaludes in the ’70s and not specifically about how Bill Cosby may have used them, said that drug was indeed believed to be an aphrodisiac that consenting adults could use to have sex. “Quaaludes were something that was meant to send you to sleep,” Jenkins told TIME. “But it was also supposed to be the world’s greatest aphrodisiac. It was meant to knock you out, but also give you an overpowering sense of sexual urge.”

http://time.com/3951761/bill-cosby-quaaludes-admission-oath/

So I believe all that Cosby has admitted to was legally getting a drug that was in high use, and using it in a way that it was often used. Using someone elses prescription I believe was then as it is now illegal, but this is one of those laws that is so often violated and has so little standing with the citizens that Cosby can not be faulted for breaking it.
0 Replies

Builder

Sat 11 Jul, 2015 06:13 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Can you show where any of these women were unconscious because that drug doesn't do that .

It depends on the dose, and Bill certainly knew what dose would render someone unconcious. You are referring to Qualudes? ;or Ludes, as they were commonly called.

Ionus

Sat 11 Jul, 2015 07:34 pm
@Builder,
Yes. And I repeat they are a tranquilizer not a sedative . Lying down can make someone sleep . It was used to enhance sex because of its "hypnotic" qualities.

I think we have a case of a woman who had slept with far too many men for her own conscience and thought of the one famous person she had slept with and decided to get money .

I haven't seen any evidence that she was asleep, it is simply invented by some for their argument .