Bill Cosby accused of Rape - say it ain't so

hawkeye10

Fri 9 Jan, 2015 04:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
I see that Cosby is getting **** for joking about the assertions against him, at a show.

Excuse me, the man is a comedian, joking about stuff that the rest of us find to be serious is a huge part of his day job. Drunk
0 Replies

firefly

Fri 9 Jan, 2015 05:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Boycotting these men, excluding them from our lives, not being their friends, their defenders, their devil's advocates. Holding them accountable. Turning our backs. Stopping the rationalizations. This is where and how we take a stand.

Quote:
This is in direct violation of the spirit in which America was founded as is enshrined in the Constitution.

It's very much in the spirit, and guarantees, of the Constitution--it's freedom of expression and freedom of association.

And, don't forget, the "spirit in which America was founded as is enshrined in the Constitution" denied women the vote, and their full rights and participation as citizens. Expressing themselves by other means was how they took a stand, and they're still doing that when it comes to rape and rapists, whether it's the young woman at Columbia University who has been carrying a mattress around on her back to protest how her sexual assault allegation was handled, or those who protest and refuse to attend any performances by Cosby.

hawkeye10

Fri 9 Jan, 2015 05:25 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
It's very much in the spirit, and guarantees, of the Constitution--it's freedom of expression and freedom of association

If the author had said " I am doing this because" then you would have a point. When the author says that the collective needs to do it without any due process, without any evidence, with out any examination of the accusers claims, without any equal footing for the accused to defend himself then is an un american idea, and I thus urge that it be rejected. I further urge that its proponent be sanctioned for willingness to encourage the collective to abuse individuals.
firefly

Fri 9 Jan, 2015 05:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
further urge that its proponent be sanctioned for willingness to encourage the collective to abuse individuals.

It seems to me that Cosby's the one who's done the abusing...

Cosby had the opportunity to have his day in court, and clear his name, in 2005 when the civil suit against him was filed--he chose not to do that and, instead, settled the suit.

I don't need criminal proceedings to form an opinion about someone's character--if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and has over 2 dozen independent women accusing him of druggings and/or sexual assaults...

Some of us aren't as devoid of common sense as you are, or as devoted to defending rapists.
hawkeye10

Fri 9 Jan, 2015 05:45 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Cosby had the opportunity to have his day in court, and clear his name, in 2005 when the civil suit against him was filed

Liar, our civil system does not bleach anymore than our criminal system does, which is not at all.

Quote:
Some of us aren't as devoid of common sense as you are, or as devoted to defending alleged rapists, the assertions being totally unsupported by evidence at this point.

FIXED
firefly

Fri 9 Jan, 2015 06:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Liar, our civil system does not bleach anymore than our civil system does, which is not at all.

Stop calling me a liar, you shmuck.

Had he let that civil suit go to trial, and had the woman--who had 13 other female witnesses ready to testify against him--lost the suit, it would have gone a long way toward clearing his name and making all of the current allegations against him less credible.
Quote:
the assertions being totally unsupported by evidence at this point

The assertions are evidence, dimwit.

And, since he has at least 3 defamation suits pending against him right now, that may allow him to have his day in court, something I'm sure he'd rather avoid at all costs.
hawkeye10

Fri 9 Jan, 2015 06:06 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
and making all of the current allegations against him less credible

I dont see how assertions gets less credible then no evidence to support them, being mostly at least 30 years old, and those who know the accused best saying that they have never seen evidence of a the alleged crimes nor do they believe that the accused would do such a thing.

Also, we know for fact certain that Cosby has pissed off a lot of people with his ideas, and that he has been the victim of multiple blackmail attempts.

If you dont doubt the allegations now then you were never going to, regardless of if he had taken that case to civil court.

Quote:
Stop calling me a liar, you shmuck.
If you dont want it pointed out that you lie, then dont lie. Pretty simple really, it is on you to decide how this goes, I am just calling what is out there not creating it.
firefly

Fri 9 Jan, 2015 06:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
If you dont want it pointed out that you lie, then dont lie. Pretty simple really, it is on you to decide how this goes, I am just calling what is out there not creating it.

Lying is being intentionally deceptive, intentionally dissembling, intentionally untruthful.

You simply didn't agree with what I said, that doesn't mean I wasn't being truthful.

I'm more of the opinion that you are too linguistically impaired to know what the term "liar" really means since you continually employ it incorrectly and inappropriately, never citing any evidence of intentional untruthfulness.

And you're the one who's always demanding "evidence". Laughing

FOUND SOUL

Wed 14 Jan, 2015 09:24 pm
@firefly,
New Cosby accuser could trigger first prosecution.

Quote:
A woman who claims Bill Cosby drugged and sexually molested her in 2008 took her case to police Wednesday, said her lawyer, who added that he believes the actor could be prosecuted.

Chloe Goins was 18 at the time of the alleged incident at the Playboy Mansion, which could be the first case to fall within the statute of limitations allowing a prosecution to be brought, said lawyer Spencer Kuvin.

"That is up for the police to determine, but we believe that it does fall within the statute for California," Kuvin told AFP, while declining to say how long that statute would be for the alleged offense.

Speaking earlier after accompanying his client to Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) headquarters, he told reporters: "Miss Goins and I are here for two reasons -- for justice and for accountability.

"Apparently Mr. Cosby feels brazen enough and confident enough in his actions to make jokes at some of his shows about the 25-plus women that have now come forward. Miss Goins is certainly not joking," he added.

Goins claims Cosby gave her a drink, then took her to a bedroom where she passed out and later woke up in bed naked with the comedian, who was allegedly licking her toes and masturbating.

Cosby's lawyer has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing by the comedian, who has been accused of similar offenses dating back decades by more than 20 women in all.

LAPD spokesman Andy Smith would not comment on the details of the case, or the statute of limitations.

"We will take a report from anybody, and we'll initiate an investigation on any allegations of criminal misconduct," he told reporters, adding: "We're happy to do that, and we will push forward with an investigation on that case."
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/new-cosby-accuser-could-trigger-first-prosecution/ar-AA8aKs7
0 Replies

nononono

Fri 16 Jan, 2015 07:38 am
Beverly Johnson’s Former Manager Says She Lied About Bill Cosby Sexual Assault Accusations

Only a few weeks after former model Beverly Johnson claimed she had been targeted by Bill Cosby as he allegedly sexually assaulted young Hollywood hopefuls, her former manager is breaking his silence and insisting that Johnson made up the entire story.

When Johnson sat down on The View to share her story of alleged sexual abuse at the hands of Bill Cosby, it seemed to put the proverbial nail in the comedy legend’s coffin.
Now, it seems, Johnson’s story might not quite add up.

Her former manager Don Gibble says the beauty told him about her meeting with Cosby many times in the past and it never included any claims of sexual assault.

In fact, he says Cosby’s wife was also at the brunch and that Johnson said she enjoyed the entire encounter.

“She said she had brunch with him and his wife, and it was a great experience,” Gibble told The Daily Caller. “And then on ‘The View,’ it flip-flopped.”

Gibble has known Johnson for more than two decades and said he was shocked to see her change her story in the midst of the growing controversy.

“It was odd to me that she changed her story,” he continued. “She said [she was] drugged and raped. I just remember that was not the conversation we had. And we had it repeatedly.”
To be clear, Johnson never blatantly said that Cosby raped her but she did say it was a great possibility.

Bill Cosby Beverly Johnson Johnson insisted that her memory was blurry after she sipped on a cappuccino that Cosby offered her.
Either way, Gibble said the story was completely different than the one he had been told for so long.

“It was brunch,” he said. “It was just one time. It was a typical nice pleasant experience. It can be easily proven that Camille Cosby was at that brunch, so it was kind of dumb for her to lie.”

Outside of that brunch, Johnson allegedly told Gibble that she never really saw Cosby again unless they ran into each other at other functions.
According to Gibble, she even listed Cosby as someone she hoped to work with again in the future.

“Basically, she only had a good experience with him, so if he had been producing something at that time, I could have easily called that office and gotten her an appointment,” he said.

It isn’t clear which party is telling the truth but it’s certainly enough to have some people thinking twice about Johnson’s story.
With roughly 30 other sexual assault allegations on the table, however, one allegedly false account certainly won’t be enough to help Cosby wriggle his way out of public condemnation.

http://atlantablackstar.com/2015/01/15/beverly-johnsons-former-manager-says-lied-bill-cosby-sexual-assault-accusations/
Germlat

Fri 16 Jan, 2015 10:59 am
@nononono,
So what? What has she gained but public ridicule? She's not after anything. Sometimes victims come forth after many years.
Moment-in-Time

Fri 16 Jan, 2015 12:59 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:

So what? What has she gained but public ridicule? She's not after anything. Sometimes victims come forth after many years.

At the time it happened, Beverly Johnson stated she told no one about that embarrassing period with the star. She said Cosby put drugs in her coffee, and after two sips she knew what Cosby had done and she called him a MotherF*cker and said to him "I know what you are trying to do," after which he became exceedingly angry and pulled her downstairs and threw her in a cab. I for one believe her. She is past her modeling career, and has nothing to fear that might damage it. Anyway, now is a good time to allow her voice to mingle with those of the many Cosby accusers....there is strength in numbers. Many women were also at a much younger age when approached by Cosby and were left intimidated by such a powerful influential star...unsure they would be believed or lose out on possible job offers if they challenged such an icon.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 16 Jan, 2015 03:15 pm
@nononono,
NoNo, did you notice that the woman currently crying in front of the LAPD while saying nasty things about Cosby is a Las Vegas call girl? I am not figuring that it will go very far, no DA is going to volunteer to be ripped apart in court by Cosby's legal team, they need a real case.
FOUND SOUL

Fri 16 Jan, 2015 03:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
saying nasty things about Cosby is a Las Vegas call girl?

And you do in your spare time? So as a restaurateur applying for more funds and the Banks are aware of your sexual preference, should they reject a loan?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 16 Jan, 2015 03:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Yeah, you know, 15 women came out and accused him of—what they accused him of. And while, over the years, we heard some of those accusations and we knew there were a couple of settlements and whatnot, it didn't seem to be, you know, the sort of thing that was, you know, critical mass. When we realized there seemed to be so much more of it, it wasn't something that we could just go, “Oh, we’re not sure.” Look, I don't like to be ... He hasn't been, sort of, proven guilty of anything. So, I don’t want to be the one that says, “Guilty until proven innocent,” but when that many people come out and have similar complaints, and it becomes such a tainted situation, there was no way you could move forward with this.
The good news—let me just say, the good news is, if there is any good news, unlike Netflix, which had a special to run or the Cosby episodes that were running on a network, we were developing a script that was never even, we never got a first draft of, so it wasn’t something that was definitely going forward or even into production. I guess I can only say that I’m glad that we’re out from under that.

NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/01/16/bob_greenblatt_answers_bill_cosby_questions_loses_temper.html

Well, in theory you could always make a stand for American values as are enshrined in the Constitution and not punish individuals until they are found to be guilty, but in an era where the NFL is cheered for removing men from their jobs the moment one women accuses them of sexual or domestic transgression this is far fetched I know. We now demand instant retaliation upon accusation. Shoot first and ask questions later.

We used to be better.
FOUND SOUL

Fri 16 Jan, 2015 04:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Shoot first and ask questions later.

We used to be better.

Not to be rude but isn't that just what you did, to Chloe?

She was arrested for prostitution and gambling under-age, but was not charged.

She was at the Playboy Mansion.. Cosby still there at the Playboy Mansion at 69 years of age? Why.......

He told his wife at 40 he would "calm down" and concentrate on his kids/ family life....

In addition, she is an exotic dancer and model and playboy bunny of sorts.

I have no doubt that she has had plastic surgery and enjoys the high life, has alleged no rape rather that he drugged her sucked her toes, etc and that she could end up with further work as a result or royalties from a book.

But how can you accuse her of being a call girl, on one incident that she was never charged over.

She was 19 or 20, at the Playboy Mansion, what are the girls at the Playboy Mansion there for? To further their careers in Modelling, acting and the likes their dream, no different than any of the other girls that have accused Cosby of rape at the Playboy Mansion.

Whether this particular character is lying we will find out.

I have no doubt that Cosby's Lawyers will use your "tactic" slut/lier... And again, how can she honestly prove it, she wasn't raped.

But, if it comes out that he was at the Playboy Mansion at 69 years of age and 10's of women have stated the same, what do you think that suggests Hawkeye?

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 16 Jan, 2015 08:53 pm
Quote:
Bill Cosby's lawyer has denied the latest sexual assault allegation against the comedian.

Cosby was not in California on the day in 2008 when Chloe Goins alleges the comedian sexually assaulted her at a Playboy Mansion party, Martin Singer, Cosby's lawyer, said Friday in a statement.

"On Wednesday, Chloe Goins and her attorney publicly accused Bill Cosby of assaulting Ms. Goins in 2008 at the 'Midsummer Night's Party' held at the Playboy Mansion in California," the statement said.

"The party took place on August 9, 2008. Mr. Cosby was in New York on that date. We will be providing documentary evidence to the appropriate authorities which conclusively establishes Mr. Cosby's whereabouts on August 9 and for the preceding and succeeding days."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/16/us/cosby-denies-allegation/index.html
FOUND SOUL

Sat 17 Jan, 2015 02:45 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Kuvin issued his own statement in response to Singer's statement, saying:

"The press should be asking Mr. Singer if Mr. Cosby was at the mansion at 'any' time during the summer of 2008. If he has proof of his whereabouts during that entire summer then we would like to see it. If he is willing to prove it, then I can comment. Otherwise it is just a lawyer talking, which is not evidence."

Why did you omit the rest Smile

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/16/us/cosby-denies-allegation/index.html
hawkeye10

Sat 17 Jan, 2015 03:59 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Why should I or anyone else care if or how many times Cosby was at one of his best friends houses over the summer of 08? There is no relevance to the accusations that he transgresses females, so I dont care.
FOUND SOUL

Sat 17 Jan, 2015 01:54 pm
@hawkeye10,
You really must stop talking for everyone.

0 Replies