Craven and Bi-Polar Bear have inspired OCCOM BILL to finally

ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 10:52 pm
I am confident for Bill and Squinney.
I'm partial to the cold turkey quitting routine.
Yes, jogging, yes, sunflower seeds, yes, toothpicks. When I quit, pistachio nuts weren't popular like they are now, but I can see they would be useful to have around.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 11:05 pm
Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don't. Does that make me a dual personality?
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 11:31 pm
Quote:
No chance. The Bengals will win the Superbowl first.

They will win one before The Packers, much laughter.Laughing
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 11:32 pm
Thanks Osso. I must say I am quite taken aback by the poll results. I fully intend to prove the majority correct! Come Friday, June 11th 2004, Squinney and I will join the rest of the intelligent civilized world once and for all!

Hate to break it to you Cav, but you're a nut whether you feel like it or not.
0 Replies

boong

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 11:34 pm
Hey Child of the Light are those mammaries real???WOW!!!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 11:38 pm
Damn you Child, you're messing up my poll! (And your absurd supposition is rendered meaningless by the utter lack of reason found therein).
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 11:44 pm
Go for it! We're all cheering for you!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 11:50 pm
OB
OB, I didn't realize you were so smart until you decided to quit. :wink:

Are you going to change your avatar to match your new image?

Do you think you could persuade Dyslexia to quit, too? He wants to regain about 25 pounds.

BBB
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 11:52 pm
OC and squinney, good luck. You both can do it and inspire other people as well.

I stopped over twenty years ago, cold turkey. Having small boys at the time made it slightly easier because they were always wanting me to stop--besides, little boys are always time consuming.

One problem was those ritual moments like after dinner or having drinks with friends who smoked. If you can make it past those dangerous times, you will know you have it kicked.

GOOD LUCK!!!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 12:21 am
Re: OB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Are you going to change your avatar to match your new image?
I haven't decided yet.
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Do you think you could persuade Dyslexia to quit, too? He wants to regain about 25 pounds.
I've never gotten the impression Dys agrees with me about anything, but for his sake and the 8,000,000 caring folks who responded to the wish him-well-thread, I'll give it a shot. Perhaps some of you guys that are closer to him could give him a gentle nudge as well? Squinney and I could certainly use a rough and tough cowboy as an ally in this fight!
And thank you too along with Jim, Diane and all the other wonderful people who took the time to chime in!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 12:47 am
WHEN I COME TO COSTA RICA IN NOVEMBER I WILL SEE FOR MYSELF WHETHER YOU HAVE INDEED QUIT SMOKING ON JUNE 11TH!! Only 9 more days to go!
By the way I trained as a hypnotherapist so I can reinforce you if you've lapsed!! Very Happy
But you won't lapse. You have the will. You will be a NON-SMOKER from Friday June 11th.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 01:18 am
Thanks Clary. Your travels are once again making me jealous. I don't think I'll make it back to Costa Rica again this year, let alone permanently by November. A DUI conviction has me grounded for 6 months, plus I still haven't figured out how I'll earn a living there (my earlier hopes proved impractical on last months visit). Perhaps a year from November. I'm thinking about throwing caution to the wind and opening a tiki bar for better or worse... but chances are I'll remain chicken until I come up with a better idea. Maybe I'll catch you there next time!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 02:17 am
Oh shame! I haven't been keeping up with your website. DUI ?Driving under the influence? tut tut! Opening a bar sounds like a good idea. You could open a guesthouse and I could come and stay in it.
I'm hoping to do a Spanish course in a school there that we (I'm a partner in a language school) are in a network with, and also do some marketing.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 02:33 am
Yep, that's DUI. I was barely over the limit but that's barely pregnant in the court's eyes.

I hope your business plans work for you. I look forward to reading your thoughts on the place!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 05:10 am
Hey Bill- After you quit smoking, are you going to change your avatar????
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 05:58 am
remember:
Friday, June 11th 2004

http://www.tobaccoreforms.vic.gov.au/rscs/no_smoking_shops.gif

you could probably adobe out the offending stogie from your avatar...
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:35 am
The patch worked for me twice and didn't work for me twice. The difference, when I really, really wanted to quit - it took the edge off and worked Wink
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:37 am
Bill! Missed yer!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:50 am
Caught me once, ya caught me again Wink
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:54 am
Grabs, smooches, hops off...