Will Republicans take the Senate in the election?

georgeob1

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 08:56 am
@revelette2,
How true ! This American public is clearly unworthy of the virtues of our sainted, narcissistic leader. In spite of all the well-organized efforts of Democrat political machines including various Acorn clones to get their folks to vote (repeatedly if possible), they have failed to show up. There's no possibility this could be because folks have gotten weary of his many deceptions; his unwillingness to accept responsibility - or even truthfully acknowledge - failures such as Bengazi or the repeated instances of corruption and illegal behavior in a growing list of government departments and agencies. No it is the fault of the people themselves.

We need new creative programs to get the public in line and make them vote for their Leader.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 11:05 am
@revelette2,
You posted,
Quote:
Only 36.4 percent of eligible voters cast ballots in the midterm general election, marking the lowest voter turnout in 72 years.

And I'm supposed to worry because I didn't vote? LOL

Yea, blame me for the outcome, and not the 63.6% that also didn't vote.

I know a lost cause when I see one! It's called 'a waste of time and effort.'

revelette2

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 11:33 am
@cicerone imposter,
It is not place to judge you or bug you and enough has been said. I think you have a slightly guilty conscience.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 11:44 am
@revelette2,
No, you're wrong on that regard too! I didn't fight in this battle called the midterm elections, because it wasn't worth it. My conscience is clear. The 63% provided me with what I've known all along; it was a useless battle.
revelette2

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 12:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hope no one reminds you when republicans in charge start doing their usual things, like repealing the ACA or hearings.

What are your thoughts on voting in 2016?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 01:54 pm
@revelette2,
Oh, I expect them to repeal it. I didn't vote them back into power; I didn't vote.

The rest who voted them back in did that! TNCFS The same people who voted them back into power will pay dearly for their stupidity. I didn't realize until this election there were so many masochists in this country. They want more harm done to themselves.

roger

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 02:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thank you for making *my vote count more. I never vote for judges, but every candidate I did vote for won. I did feel compelled to vote for one Democrat. Embarrassed

*Yeah, I know we had completely different ballots.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 03:50 pm
@roger,
Completely different is spot on! LOL
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 04:23 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Hope no one reminds you when republicans in charge start doing their usual things, like repealing the ACA or hearings.

What are your thoughts on voting in 2016?

Nothing "usual" about repealing ACA. It's never been done before. Besides it is disintegrating on its own. The extralegal subsidy issue is before the SC now and very likely to be turned down - the law as written and passed is unambigous on the point in dispute. The Administration has been delaying the employer mandate for fear of the political conbsequences it will bring. Now we have one of the authors of the bill on film testifying at a MIT meeting, to the deceit built into the bill to avoid accurate scoring of its cost by the CBO, and his clear statement that the public doesn't know or understand what is good for it - only progressives such as he know that and they feel entirely free to lie to get their programs passed into law. - for the good of the stupid public. Now that's progressive .....

Meanwhile a sizeable fraction of the public appears to have suddenly discovered that our "constitutional law professor" (i.e. part time instructor) Emperor really has no clothes. Hard to come back from events like that.

Given the behaviors we have seen in the GSA, the IRS, the Justice Department, the State Department and the VA I believe a few hearings are indeed in order. Now that the magic bubble around the administration has collapsed, we might even find out some facts concerning their misdeeds.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 06:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Maybe if we put liberals into democratic positions rather then conservatives the democrats might get the common vote. When the common man cant tell the difference between corporate republicans and corporate democrats it makes voting difficult.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 06:36 pm
@RABEL222,
True, but how does one go about changing that mind set.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 06:40 pm
Here is an insider's view of the ACA from its key architect. This is the law that Nancy Pelosi (truthfully for once) said "we'll have to pass the law to find out what's in it."
Quote:
Speaking at last year's Health Economists Conference at the University of Pennsylvania, MIT economist Jonathan Gruber talked about how the Affordable Care Act passed. One of the things he argued there was a lack of voter interest, understanding and intelligence helped Obamacare become law. This is the relevant passage:

The bill was written in a tortured way to make sure CBO did not score the mandate as taxes. If [CBO] scored the mandate as taxes, the bill dies. Okay, so it's written to do that. In terms of risk-rated subsidies, if you had a law which said that healthy people are going to pay in — you made explicit that healthy people pay in and sick people get money — it would not have passed...Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage. And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter, or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical for the thing to pass.

This is the essential viewpoint of modern "progressives". Only they understand what's truly good for the people. Sounds a little like the ill-famed "vanguard of the working class" of the early 20th century. As things turned out they didn't have a clue and their world was very glad to see them go.

Now their self-appointed poundits are telling us the voters didn't really understand their goals, and foolishly voted against their own self-interest. Poor stupid voters - this, a message from a political party that styles itself as "Democratic".

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 06:43 pm
@georgeob1,
You're making non-issues into issues. All universal health insurance in other countries don't analyze the tax consequences of why they provide health insurance to everyone. They do it because it benefits everyone.

Their income tax rates are higher to pay for everybody's social benefit.
georgeob1

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 08:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You're making non-issues into issues. All universal health insurance in other countries don't analyze the tax consequences of why they provide health insurance to everyone. They do it because it benefits everyone.

Their income tax rates are higher to pay for everybody's social benefit.

I've read this statement several times, but still don't understand what you may be saying. The second sentence in particular defies understanding. What the hell does it mean ??

The issue here is the deliberate deception of the people by a political party committed to achieve a particular high priority policy objective in clear defiance of the known will of the people. That is a very serious matter. Add to that repeated deceptions on a host of other matters ranging from IRS retaliation against political opponents to hiding the incompetence of cabinet members in overseeing State Department Embassy security in Bengazi; The Fast & Furious program of the Justice Department: the GSA, VA and other agencies -- and one gets the impression of an incompetent administration, always willing to lie to hide its many errors and achieve its political objectives.

These are hardly "non-issues".
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 08:43 pm
@georgeob1,
MAX FISHERJUN 28 2012, 6:09 PM ET
The U.S. stands almost entirely alone among developed nations that lack universal health care.

There's an old Asian saying, "picture worth a thousand words." Maybe you'll get it now.

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/international/assets_c/2012/06/mf%20healthcaremap%20p-thumb-615x314-91612.jpg
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 10:32 pm
@georgeob1,
This disgraceful revelation by Gruber perfect encapsulates the mindset of the modern Progressive:

Honesty is nice, but not if it gets in the way of advancing the progressive agenda. It would also be nice if the American voter was as smart as the Elite who work tirelessly to define and advance the agenda, but that will never happen. Better still is for all the stupid voters to simply shut-up, sit on their sofas watching TV and let the really smart people run their lives for them.

As expected, these outrageous comments that have, somehow, been kept hidden for over a year are receiving virtually no attention outside of conservative outlets, and what little coverage they received in the MSM and liberal outlets (but I'm repeating myself) has focused on defending Gruber.

It doesn't really matter how much coverage the original video gets outside of FOX or National Review. Tens of millions of Americans will find nothing wrong with what he said, because, of course, Gruber was referring to all those other voters who are stupid and not them. They get it. They're part of the Elite too.

The Progressives are counting not only on their highly skillful ability to maintain a political advantage through deceit and misinformation, but also on the apathy and willful ignorance of a huge chunk of the American people who care most about seeming to be among the in-crowd.

And those they can't seduce by stroking their egos, they buy.

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 11:34 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
It must be better than sex, heh? LOL
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 06:45 am
@revelette2,
Quote:

Oh, I don't believe this will be the case, Revelette. Of course there will be the loud noise about doing just that, repealing the Affordable Care Act, but the GOP realize full well Obama will just veto it. Also, many Americans, including some Republicans, like the ACA and will not vote against it for fear of political retribution from mainstream Americans. I recall the frenzied Ted Cruz saying "the Democrats plan is to get the American public addicted to the sugar." He mean the American people will fall in love with the ACA and it will be most difficult to repeal it, similarly to Social Security and Medicare. Pity the politician who boldly states now is the time to privatize Social Security and Medicare! Why that would be political suicide on a mass scale, although in reality this is definitely what the GOP has in mind. On the whole many rightwing repuks who won a few days ago are now trying to back pedal, saying they would like to amend the ACA for the better as opposed to repealing it.
revelette2

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 07:09 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Personally, I am weary of talking about the midterms election already. Really in the end, I doubt it will be much different than it has been with democrats in control of the senate. I don't think there will compromise by either McConnell or Boehner or Obama.
parados

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 08:53 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
FOX and National Review are promoting honesty in politics? OMG. The irony is too much.