1 in 5 women get raped?

wmwcjr

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 02:25 am
@nononono,
I wasn't referring to the three of you as one person. I was simply referring to you-all numerically. Besides, it sounds imposing. Well, slightly, I must admit.

A constant problem at this and just about any online forum is all the name-calling that goes on. Readers of these A2K forums often don't know "who started it."

I guess I'd also have to agree with your second statement (your second paragraph, that is). There is no denying that there is a prevailing party line of the majority, and it does get to be like a clique at times. But most people who post at just about any website are not interested in learning anything or promoting understanding. Most simply want to express their opinion and sometimes want to tear anyone down who disagrees with them. The only "community" found in many forums is simply those who conform completely to the prevailing party line. Anyone who doesn't follow the party line completely is deemed to be an outsider. Do you think I'm classed with the majority here? I'm not. I'm just an outsider who really doesn't belong here. In fact, I'm a bit unpopular; but I've begun to not care. After all, I'm more inclined to be crazy like one of Setanta's loons. (In case you haven't noticed Wink , I have radical mood swings at times. Comes from having a chronic sleep disorder or some sort of mental illness, I guess.) Besides, I shouldn't be spending so much time on the Internet, anyway.

Did you know if you converted everyone here to your point of view that it wouldn't make any difference? All that anyone gets from supposedly winning an argument in any forum is a boost to his ego.

If common sense eventually prevails on my part (which remains to be seen), I'll find something else to do. I hope you enjoy your continued stay here with all of its amusing antics involving other members.
nononono

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 02:39 am
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
There is no denying that there is a prevailing party line of the majority, and it does get to be like a clique at times.

...or a regime, but you are correct.

Quote:
Do you think I'm classed with the majority here? I'm not.

Honestly I don't know. But I know that you've attacked me personally with some pretty flimsy arguments, all the while making out a straw man caricature of my personhood.

Quote:
After all, I'm more inclined to be crazy like one of Setanta's loons.

I actually quite enjoy Setanta. I feel somewhat bad for being overly rude to him.

Quote:
Did you know if you converted everyone here to your point of view that it wouldn't make any difference? All that anyone gets from supposedly winning an argument in any forum is a boost to his ego.

That's not true. If everyone else sits back and allows lunacy to go unchallenged, it will fester and spread. It's not about "winning", it's about flat out stating "This isn't right."

Quote:
If common sense eventually prevails on my part (which remains to be seen), I'll find something else to do.

"Common sense" is doing whatever fulfills you personally. Not I, nor anyone else can tell you what that is. All I can tell you is, the more open your mind, the more options you will find in life.
wmwcjr

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 03:12 am
@nononono,
nononono wrote:
. . . you've attacked me personally . . .

I regret the personal attacks (although there were times I was just teasing you). Of course, I don't know if I hurt your feelings or not; but if I did, I apologize for that.

My motivation to post in these forums has grown less day by day (and now by the hour), despite the fact it's a hard habit to break. Just ask Finn and others. (I feel like posting "BAN ME before I post again! Twisted Evil " Banning me would actually do me a favor! Smile ) I really have nothing of value to say here, anyway (meaning nothing that would be appreciated). I don't have a college degree, and I'm certainly not as well-informed as some of the others. So, I may take an extended vacation. (It should be of a permanent nature.) If I do, happy holidays and take care. . . .
nononono

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 03:21 am
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
Of course, I don't know if I hurt your feelings or not; but if I did, I apologize for that.

I very rarely take things said on the internets personally.

Quote:
I really have nothing of value to say here, anyway (meaning nothing that would be appreciated).

You need to be on your own side. No one else is going to be on your side by default. Liking yourself and taking care of yourself is the first step.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 04:02 am
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

P.S. I never said nono was bald. Smile

I'm sure he's incredibly hirsute, extremely lowbrow. Don't waste your time talking to such detritus. Do you honestly think he's going to do anything other than this?

http://thumb7.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/265489/117080815/stock-vector-cartoon-baby-crying-vector-clip-art-illustration-with-simple-gradients-all-in-a-single-layer-117080815.jpg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 04:04 am
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

Yes, I peeked at one of hawkeye's posts; and I saw this:

http://catholicphilosophyblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/goldenrule.jpg

Doesn't really work if you're into S&M.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:09 am
Saying it and meaning it are two different things.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:13 am
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:
A constant problem at this and just about any online forum is all the name-calling that goes on. Readers of these A2K forums often don't know "who started it."

The Left-wingers are always the ones who start it.

Anyone who spouts name-calling at a Left-winger is merely engaging in justified self defense.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 08:08 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Doesn't really work if you're into S&M.

Yes it does work if you are into S&M.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 08:45 am
@maxdancona,
No it doesn't. You may well want to be tied up and rear ended, but I doubt many others would.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 02:44 pm
@izzythepush,
What consenting adults do with each other is their own business, Izzy. There are lots of people who enjoy S&M and this includes (as you say) being "tied up and rear ended".

I assume you actually accept this Izzy, and are just arguing to argue with me.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 04:37 pm
@maxdancona,
A lot of BDSM does not meet the feminists standards for consent....to much power (coercion) flowing through the sex and often the ability to withdraw consent is compromised.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 04:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
Says you.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 04:46 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Says you.

Firefly says so too. All you need to do is read their demand for continual abilty to withdraw consent and for no pressure to be applied in obtainiing consent to know that a huge portion of BDSM goes away if the feminist get to write the laws the way they aim to. There is actually a segement of BDSM that is all about using force to negate will, "I want you to make me do XYZ, and I want you to do it no matter what I say at the time". My wife and I have done this a lot over the years, and I see others do it often as well. Also" if I dont do it or dont do it well as my dominant you need to beat me until I do it".
wmwcjr

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 04:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
....to much power (coercion) flowing through the sex and often the ability to withdraw consent is compromised.

Sad
Uhhhh . . . I must remember the Golden Rule. . . . I must remember the Golden Rule. . . . I must remember the Golden Rule. . . . Wink
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 05:28 pm
Why rape is so intrinsic to religion
Valerie Tarico: http://www.salon.com/2014/12/21/why_rape_is_so_intrinsic_to_religion_partner/

Powerful gods and demi-gods impregnating human women—it’s a common theme in the history of religion, and it’s more than a little rapey.

Zeus comes to Danae in the form of a golden shower, cutting “the knot of intact virginity” and leaving her pregnant with the Greek hero, Perseus. Jupiter forcibly overcomes Europa by transforming himself into a white bull and abducting her. He imprisons her on the Isle of Crete, over time fathering three children. Pan copulates with a shepherdess to produce Hermes.

The legendary founders of Rome, Romulus and Remus are conceived when the Roman god Mars impregnates Rea Silvia, a vestal virgin.

<>

The impregnation process may be a “ravishing” or seduction or some kind of titillating but nonsexual procreative penetration. The story may come from an Eastern or Western religious tradition, pagan or Christian. But these encounters between beautiful young women and gods have one thing in common. None of them has freely given female consent as a part of the narrative. (Luke’s Mary assents after being not asked but told by a powerful supernatural being what is going to happen to her, “Behold the bond slave of the Lord: be it done to me . . .”)

The Bible has every perversion known to humanity, especially in the Old Testament.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:17 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
This article you posted actually claims that Christmas is a celebration of rape (you seemed to have edited that part out).

That is very nice Bobsal, and another fine example of how the feminist narrative goes too far.

Merry Christmas to you anyway.

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:29 pm
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:
....to much power (coercion) flowing through the sex and often the ability to withdraw consent is compromised.

Sad
Uhhhh . . . I must remember the Golden Rule. . . . I must remember the Golden Rule. . . . I must remember the Golden Rule. . . . Wink

A corollary to the golden rule is "treat others as they want to be treated, not as others tell you to treat them". If my wife wants to be tied up and beaten, or forced to have sex with other guys, it is nobodies elses business but mine and hers. The feminists can go **** themselves with their sex and power rules, I am not interested in their opinion on the matter. They can live their live how they want, and I will do the same.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Firefly says so too. All you need to do is read their demand for continual ability to withdraw consent and for no pressure to be applied in obtainiing consent to know that a huge portion of BDSM goes away if the feminist get to write the laws the way they aim to. There is actually a segement of BDSM that is all about using force to negate will, "I want you to make me do XYZ, and I want you to do it no matter what I say at the time". My wife and I have done this a lot over the years, and I see others do it often as well. Also" if I dont do it or dont do it well as my dominant you need to beat me until I do it".

I've never said any such thing, and your continual attempts to characterize my views on this issue as "feminist" is your usual straw-man nonsense. But, clearly, your only interest in this entire topic is related to your own self-interest and related to your need to preserve your own BDSM lifestyle.

I actually see BDSM as unrelated to sexual assault/rape laws, except extremely peripherally, and I don't think those laws should be written to make sure such BDSM practices are fully accommodated, any more than they should accommodate bestiality or pedophilia, or other deviations from normative behavior.

Issues regarding BDSM most clearly fall within physical assault laws, assault and battery laws, and the issue of consent for the infliction of pain, violence, injury, etc. by another person. These are not sex acts, per se, regardless of the fact that, for some, they might heighten sexual arousal--they are acts of physical violence and pain infliction, domination, subordination, and sadomasochism. And it's far more than "feminists" who question the validity of consent for such BDSM practices.

Go find another straw-man.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:57 pm
@maxdancona,
Truth hurts you, doesn't it?
0 Replies