Best Looking Team at the Olympics?

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 11:55 pm
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusolyexperts/149477339.jpg

Female?.............check

All White?................check

No fatties?..........check

BINGO!

We have a winner with the Dutch Field Hockey Team.

By Chris Chase
Quote:
"Hear my soul speak: The very instant that I saw you, did my heart fly to your service." -- William Shakespeare, "The Tempest"
If Danny Boyle is going to use a line from Shakespeare's final play to open the London Olympics, then it's only appropriate to use another to describe the enchanting team that is gaining the adulation of a small, but devoted, following of Olympic fans.
We speak of the women's field hockey team from The Netherlands, the best looking team in the Games. The orange-clad squad won their first match 3-0 against Belgium on Sunday, a big step to advancing to the knockout round from Group A and defending its Olympic title. Victories come and go, however. The enduring power of this field hockey team is that it transcends on-field results. As many on Twitter have noticed, there are reason to go Dutch beyond the team's success:

http://ph.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/dutch-field-hockey-popular-reasons-beyond-field-hockey-232321640--oly.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 3,740 • Replies: 12
No top replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 12:03 am
Note to the dim: The above post intended to start a conversation about the perceptions of beauty, it was not intended to represent bigotry or misogyny. I humbly offer my apology in advance to anyone who is in any way, shape or form offended by either my post or my presence at A2K.
farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 04:06 am
@hawkeye10,
too late. ANywy Im pissed at the fact that the beach volleyball teams are covering up like nuns on a winter day.
Mame

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 07:01 am
@farmerman,
I don't know who you were watching, but I saw a game where they were wearing skimpy bikinis.

Hawk: I doubt you'd find a 'fattie' on any sports team.
Linkat

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 07:29 am
@Mame,
My guess is maybe the sumo wrestling team may have some fatties...
Strauss

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 07:39 am
@Linkat,
Sumo is not currently an Olympic sport..
Linkat

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 08:10 am
@Strauss,
Well they want to be - how about weightlifting - there are fatties on that team.

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/game-on/2012/03/05/holleyx-large.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 08:42 am
@Linkat,
Olympic "Sumo" hee hee. I went to a Sumo match in Taipei once and nobody in the audience was even watching. Everybody was reading newspapres. Why the hell have a sport where even the locals dont give a ****?
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 10:32 am
The female gymnists would seem to be canidates. My guess is the fact that they tend to be very thin and with out tits hurts their score.

Interesting about the volleyball: it seems like the PC crowd looks at bikinis in the sand as sexist and objecticfying, they assumed that as soon as women were not required to wear skimpy wear that they would not. Not so fast.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 11:42 am
@farmerman,
Yeah - but I thought they were loved in Japan - I just can't get over large men wearing a thong - forget it I can't get over any man wearing a thong.

But believe it or not there has been attempts for this "sport" to become an olympic sport.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 01:54 pm
Best looking teams for summer events are always the sailors. <sigh>
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 01:57 pm
Apparently the creator of this post has a thing for German gymnasts.
Irishk

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 05:54 pm
@engineer,
Michelle Jenneke...
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal05/2012/7/19/11/anigif_enhanced-buzz-364-1342713374-5.gif
Mr.Irish was hoping she'd be competing...a lot...with videos of her warm-ups Smile
0 Replies