1 in 5 women get raped?

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 04:59 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
What I did was point out that Firefly has the quality of evaluation and judgement of one Barack Obama....that is to say it sucks.

Quote:

Breakdown of Reported Elder Abuse Cases
Neglect..... 58.5 %
Physical Abuse..... 15.7 %
Financial Exploitation..... 12.3 %
Emotional Abuse.... 7.3 %
Sexual Abuse.... 0.04 %
All other types..... 5.1 %
Unknown..... 0.06 %

http://www.statisticbrain.com/elderly-abuse-statistics/

It is a sad state of affairs at A2K that the opinions of this either ignorant or lying gas bag are taken seriously by some.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 05:04 pm
@hawkeye10,
People aren't statistics.

We discuss this because we are human beings creating a way to protect other human beings.

What you are doing is taking the elderly and ignoring them, despite the fact that it's not 0% - even if it was 0.0000000000000001% You should never treat people as if they were just non-feeling incidences. These people went through emotional, physiological and physical pain - you ignoring that makes you just as bad...
BillRM

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 05:20 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Come off of it as when a problem is tiny such as raped of the elderly there is nothing wrong with pointing out that the problem is very tiny.

Must more of a chance that an elderly person will get hit by lightening then become a rape victim.

The problem of rape exist must more in the young adults classification then any other age group and mainly due to their own actions in placing themselves in harm way.

As far as bang for a dollar of resources frank education of that age group will yield must more results.

The kind of education that the like of Firefly do not wish us to do, as it is blaming the victims, such as strongly suggesting that getting drunk in unsafe environments is not something you would wish to do if you wish to avoid bad outcomes.

Both bad sexual outcomes and other bad outcomes.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 05:25 pm
@BillRM,
There's a difference between saying "doesn't happen as often" and saying "I don't care about it because it's such a small number".

0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 05:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
It is a sad state of affairs at A2K that the opinions of this either ignorant or lying gas bag are taken seriously by some.

That's a harsh way to talk about yourself Hawkeye, even though it's accurate.
http://www.a-1video.com/Jerry%20laughs.gif

And rapes of the elderly, of the sort I've pointed out to you, have nothing to with the "elder abuse" statistics you linked to. That's either a display of your ignorance, or your deceitful tendencies.

These crimes of rape committed against very elderly women are criminal sexual assaults that are included in the rape statistics--and they contribute to the rape statistics, in the same way the rapes of younger women do. There is no reason not to give them more than "passing mention" because they shed light on the nature of rape.

Here's another one of those rapes of the elderly you regard as "rare events" even though they are in the news all the time--this news story is from this week.
Quote:

Elderly nun's rapist gets prison sentence, forgiveness
November 5, 2014

Andrew Bullock, 19, pleaded guilty to assaulting woman behind St. Titus Church in Aliquippa

BEAVER, Pa. —A Beaver County man who pleaded guilty to raping an 85-year-old nun was sentenced to prison time Wednesday by a judge who said that he had not seen such depravity in all his 42 years in the criminal court system.

Andrew Bullock, 19, was sentenced to 18 years and six months to 37 years in state prison. He admitted to targeting the woman behind St. Titus Church in Aliquippa last December.

The victim testified at a preliminary hearing that she was grabbed, punched, choked and ultimately raped, and she told the magistrate she thought she was going to die.

The victim survived the attack and wrote a statement that was read in court by a fellow sister from the Sisters of St. Joseph of Baden at Bullock's sentencing hearing.

Bullock’s family was in the courtroom and expressed sorrow to the elderly victim.

"We feel bad for her and her family, and that maybe now she can find some closure," said Nadine Toliver, Bullock’s stepsister. “But, I do want to apologize for her about what happened."

"I can’t even begin to wonder why or how he done it," said Marjorie Jackson, Bullock’s stepsister. "That’s not the brother that I knew."

During the sentencing, Judge Harry Knafelc also deemed Bullock a sexually violent predator under Pennsylvania law, which means he must register his address with the Megan's Law website upon his release from prison. He also must undergo monthly sexual offender counseling for life.

In the victim’s impact statement, she wrote that she could forgive Bullock with the grace of God.

"While they speak of forgiveness, there is still a place for punishment and that is what I believe we’ve seen here today in court,” Assistant District Attorney Jennifer Popovich said.
http://www.wtae.com/news/rapist-learns-sentence/29564062#ixzz3IQZbnVsQ

What do you think would motivate a 19 year old to attack and rape an 85 year old nun who was simply standing behind her church?

I wonder if BillRM will come up with a way to blame this victim for her rape.
0 Replies

nononono

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 05:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
What I did was point out that Firefly has the quality of evaluation and judgement of one Barack Obama....that is to say it sucks.

Both are also elitist and hypocritical. You forgot that! (Although FF is prob more bigoted.)
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 05:36 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:

People aren't statistics.

We discuss this because we are human beings creating a way to protect other human beings.

What you are doing is taking the elderly and ignoring them, despite the fact that it's not 0% - even if it was 0.0000000000000001% You should never treat people as if they were just non-feeling incidences. These people went through emotional, physiological and physical pain - you ignoring that makes you just as bad...

You are insane, do good efforts must be targeted on actual problems, a combination of severity of individual cases and numbers of cases. If you were a doctor you would be so emotional involved with each patient thwt you would do a poor job of helping anyone. I hope that this is the case (you) of someone who is young and stupid acting young and stupid. When Firefly does it I assume that she is lying, especially after her constsnt efforts of claiming how smart she is.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 05:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
No, you are insane.

Even in detective work, a keen eye for detail - even small details - makes one a keen detective.

The same applies to serious issues like this. We need every vantage point we can get to help us better understand what we're dealing with here. If you cared, you would cut the roots - instead, you're just mad at this bush in the corner and keep kicking it, setting it on fire and it just keeps regrowing from the dirt beneath it, but you don't want to get your hands dirty, now do you?

It always baffled me that the people who never want to get their hands dirty are the dirtiest of them all.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 05:48 pm
@nononono,
nononono wrote:

Both are also elitist and hypocritical. You forgot that! (Although FF is prob more bigoted.)

Ya, my ears perk up when I see the elite trying to boss us but I notice more than a few lies and a little gibberish coming out of their mouths. The elite are well trained at their indoctrination centers called the university to produce quality bullshit. Luckly I was trained early to not conform to the thought police and through luck and awareness I was able to escape the education system with my vision and thinking skills relatively intact. Unlike so many of my idiot submissive fellow citizens I notice the manipulation. Oh, and I am into BDSM lifestyle and sex, so I see very well the sadistic nature of the elite almost all. But they are not quality sadists, good ones are honest, and they want the submissive to be happy,/healthy/fullfilled. Our elite are more on par with bad prison guards. That and used car salesmen.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 06:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
"Luckly I was trained early to not conform to the thought police and through luck and awareness I was able to escape the education system"

You missed the moral department by a long shot.
BillRM

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 06:19 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
You missed the moral department by a long shot.

There is an engineering viewpoint of dealing with problems that call for the limited resources to go where it will do the most good.

Perhaps there is some duty to tear your hair out and pound your chest while crying in sadness over a sad but a very rare event such as elderly rape to prove you are a caring person but if so it still does not mean that the resources should not go where the problem happen to be.

So Hawkeye you will need to state that you had shear at least a few tears over elderly rape before going back to addressing the issue of the bulk of sexual assaults.

Otherwise you are neither a moral or a caring person.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 06:24 pm
@BillRM,
You are applying extreme examples because you already lost.

Give it up.

You and Hawk have revealed your own shade of insanity.

And here I am, just calling everyone out - it's like nobody on this site knows how to keep their sights straight. Some people have more understanding than others, sure, but all of you seem to have your own degree of bat-**** insanity.

How could you ever tell yourself that the raping of elderly is not important to a discussion on rape - rape - just because the numbers make your penis look small?
BillRM

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 06:31 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
How could you ever tell yourself that the raping of elderly is not important to a discussion on rape - rape - just because the numbers make your penis look small?

My penis looking small?????????????

In in any case, as far as the question of where the resources should go elderly rape is indeed unimportant.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 07:02 pm
@BillRM,
Why?

And don't say the numbers are too small.

You can't measure human value.
BillRM

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 07:30 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
You can't measure human value.

Sure we do as in large scale building projects such as dams we can predict how many lives will be loss with fair accuracy.

In other word we was willing to value the Hoover dam for example at more then the ninety-six men killed building it.

The Empire State building was build at a cost of five men lives.

So we do put values on lives and are willing to pay that price at so many deaths per millions dollars of construction of dams or skyscrapers and so on,

firefly

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 07:36 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:

In in any case, as far as the question of where the resources should go elderly rape is indeed unimportant.

We weren't discussing where resources should go, we were talking about rape statistics, and the rapes of the very elderly, which may be less frequent, but hardly "rare", not only contribute to those statistics, but they demonstrate that no female, of any age, can ever feel free from the danger of being raped. And these crimes shed light on the nature of rape. There is no reason, at all, to ignore these rapes of the elderly, particularly if you want to understand rape.

Are you implying that elderly rape victims shouldn't have access to the resources and support services available to all other crime victims and rape survivors, or they shouldn't be counted in allocating funds for these resources? Are they too old to deserve these "resources"?

Come on BillRM, I'm sure you can come up with some way to blame that 85 year old nun, who was just standing behind her church, for her own rape. Think her shirt was too short? Did she put herself in an unsafe location? Think she had been drinking, and gave her 19 year old rapist a flirtatious smile? Think she made a false allegation, and had an innocent young man convicted, to cover up the fact this was rough consensual sex, and she didn't want her convent to find that out? You're so good at blaming victims, I'm sure you can come up with something in this case.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 07:44 pm
@BillRM,
Last time I checked, human life is an indescribable experience that is far more potent than any material in the world could ever wish to be.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 07:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Luckly I was trained early to not conform to the thought police and through luck and awareness I was able to escape the education system with my vision and thinking skills relatively intact...

Well, if your thinking skills are so allegedly intact, answer this question...

What do you think would motivate a 19 year old to attack and rape an 85 year old nun who was simply standing behind her church?
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 07:55 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
What do you think would motivate a 19 year old to attack and rape an 85 year old nun who was simply standing behind her church

dont know and dont care, I am not a sick pervert and I see no reason to put in the effort to empathize when rights and the law should be about what people do, not why they do them.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 07:56 pm
@hawkeye10,
"when rights and the law should be about what people do, not why they do them."

That moment you realize that you don't apply this to the elderly.

That makes it a double standard.
0 Replies