1 in 5 women get raped?

nononono

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 11:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
She is never wrong, the rest of us simply fail to understand her words. I keep telling her that she needs to provide us with a dictionary of her personal definitions since she is making a habit of not using the definitions the rest of us have in our dictionaries when she uses words.

LOL!

Yes! What she does is she re-defines words and concepts whenever it suits her purposes! That's some marxist bullshit for ya right there!
firefly

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 11:38 pm
@nononono,
Quote:
Yes! What she does is she re-defines words and concepts whenever it suits her purposes! That's some marxist bullshit for ya right there!

Now I'm a Marxist? Laughing
http://www.a-1video.com/Jerry%20laughs.gif

I'm simply more articulate than you and Hawkeye put together. Suck it up, buddy. Laughing

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 12:44 am
@firefly,
Only when articulate means the opposite of relaying truth and ideas effectively and efficiently through language.
0 Replies

nononono

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 01:06 am
@firefly,
Hey firefly, remember that post a few months back (if I have to dig through endless posts to find it, so be it) where you actually defended feminists/bigots like Jessica Valenti who wear t-shirts that say "I bathe in male tears"? You actually had the nerve to argue that they were wearing those shirts in an "Ironic way" Exclamation

.. Well, I decided that I'm going to start a social movement called "Caucasianism". The dictionary definition of "Caucasianism" will be that it's a social movement with the goal of equality for ALL races. The way that 'Caucasianism' will achieve this goal is by focussing ONLY on issues that affect white people, and/or training/forcing other races to act more like white people.

I will also walk around wearing t-shirts that say "I bathe in nigger tears". But I'll only wear these t-shirts in an "ironic" way... I'm a black man but I figure that's beside the point. Or maybe I'll wear white face paint.

This is what a bigot, piece of human feces looks like people, and that's exactly what firefly is

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt0kdE8CIAIoXFy.png:large
nononono

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 01:12 am
When feminists say "Teach men not to rape!", that's no different from white people saying "Teach niggers not to steal!"

Bigotry is bigotry. Period.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 02:19 am
@nononono,
Quote:
Hey firefly, remember that post a few months back (if I have to dig through endless posts to find it, so be it) where you actually defended feminists/bigots like Jessica Valenti who wear t-shirts that say "I bathe in male tears"? You actually had the nerve to argue that they were wearing those shirts in an "Ironic way"

Because, as Valenti, and some others, explained it, they were engaging in irony--they had wrongly been accused of being man-hating for so long, by jerks like you, they decided to co-opt that "I bathe in male tears" slogan as an inside joke among themselves. You want to take this ironic inside joke as a serious statement of how they feel about men, go right ahead, you're just dumb enough to do that, even though there is no evidence that Valenti is a man-hater--she's married to a man. You really think she bathes in "men's tears", you shmuck? Laughing
Quote:
This is what a bigot, piece of human feces looks like people, and that's exactly what firefly is

God, are you a screwed-up mess. I'd feel sorry for you, if it wasn't for your constant profanity laced assaults on numerous A2K members, and your rather bizzarre obsession with me--you even started a thread about me. You joined this thread, not to discuss the topic, but to personally attack me. Look, you juvenile ass, now you've reduced yourself to the level of toilet insults--I'm a "piece of human feces" Laughing You're not going to affect anyone's view of me, but you have painted, and continue to paint, a rather revolting picture of yourself, and what kind of person you are, in thread after thread.

Go play in traffic, you immature twit. Laughing
izzythepush

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 04:34 am
@firefly,
Irony is just one thing on a very long list of things Mememe just doesn't understand. Remember he looks up to Hawkeye.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 04:41 am
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
they decided to co-opt that "I bathe in male tears" slogan as an inside joke among themselves.

Mememe is certainly doing his level best to provide an ocean, he must, at the very least, have produced quite a substantial lake by now.
0 Replies

nononono

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 05:19 am
@firefly,
Quote:
Because, as Valenti, and some others, explained it, they were engaging in irony

Just like when white supremacists engage in "irony" by speaking out about how all niggers are lazy?! What if I walked around in a shirt that read "I bathe in female rape victim tears"??? ...It's NEVER funny when someone targets a specific group of people's suffering as "humor". And the fact that you slight men's suffering shows EXACTLY how much of a bigot you are!

Quote:
they had wrongly been accused of being man-hating for so long, by jerks like you, they decided to co-opt that "I bathe in male tears" slogan as an inside joke among themselves.

Wrong. Valenti posed in that shirt as a response to male victims of suicide being pointed out as being a STAGGERINGLY higher number than women. She found the idea of male suffering "funny".

Quote:
even though there is no evidence that Valenti is a man-hater-

She has never written a pro-male piece in her entire career. And in fact has been QUITE hateful! Do some googling!

Quote:
she's married to a man.

Because NO married men EVER have been abused or mistreated or taken advantage of by their wives! Nope, that has NEVER happened in the history of humankind!!! Because women are ALL intrinsically good natured, and men are ALL intrinsically evil bastards! Of course!!! Because penis!

Quote:
You joined this thread, not to discuss the topic, but to personally attack me.

Wow, do you build shrines to yourself too? Do you think about yourself while you're masturbating? How in love with yourself are you???

Quote:
ow you've reduced yourself to the level of toilet insults--I'm a "piece of human feces

You're a piece of human feces because you hold hatred in your heart for a certain group of people based solely on their gender. I would also STRONGLY suspect that you carry hatred in your heart for African Americans.

You are disgusting firefly.

nononono

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 05:28 am
@firefly,
"I bathe in Jew tears"

"I bathe in Mexican tears"

"I bathe in Muslim tears"

"I bathe in faggot tears"

Are any of these acceptable statements if claimed to be "Irony"???

Men are the ONLY group of people that it's socially acceptable to be bigoted against!

And you have proven yourself to be a bigot firefly!
izzythepush

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 05:34 am
@nononono,
You are so ridiculous. Men are not an oppressed minority. No men are complaining about the T. shirt, just pathetic nomarks like you, and nobody in their right mind would ever describe you as a man.

Your post is an insult to those who have faced genuine persecution, and your use of pejorative language shows you for the bigoted little creep you are.
nononono

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 05:46 am
@izzythepush,
I just reported you asshole!

In the reason category, I chose "other" and wrote in BIGOTRY!

izzythepush

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 05:47 am
@nononono,
I'm terrified, I really am.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 09:39 am
@nononono,
nononono wrote:

I just reported you asshole!

In the reason category, I chose "other" and wrote in BIGOTRY!

And I'm still here. Could you be anymore sad and pathetic? Next time you report any of my, (witty, insightful, and rather brilliant,) posts, you should put this for the reason.
http://www.ashcroftsurgery.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/crying-baby.jpg
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 03:46 pm
@nononono,
We had previously posted about that "I bathe in men's tears" ironic misandry business in some thread. I only vaguely remembered what it was about, But, if you wanted to know what what that slogan was about, before launching your irrational rant, you could have turned to Google, which is what I just did.
Quote:
The Rise of the Ironic Man-Hater
Aug. 8 2014
By Amanda Hess

Every month, the Misandrist Book Club convenes to further its secret man-hating agenda: Two dozen young professional women around the country read books by exclusively female authors—Judy Blume’s Just as Long as We’re Together, Rachel Kushner’s The Flamethrowers, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s Americanah—then chat about them on an email listserv. Previous generations of women might have referred to this type of group as a “Feminist Book Club.” But as one member told me, “It seemed funnier to call it ‘misandrist.’ ”

“Misandry”—literally, the hatred of men—is an accusation that’s been flung at feminists since the dawn of the women’s movement: By empowering women, critics argue, feminists are really oppressing men. Now, feminists are ironically embracing the man-hating label: The ironic misandrist sips from a mug marked “MALE TEARS,” frosts her cakes with the phrase “KILL ALL MEN,” and affixes “MISANDRY” heart pins to her lapel. Ironic misandry is “a reductio ad absurdum,” explains Jess Zimmerman, an editor at Medium and the proud owner of a “MALE TEARS” mug. (“I drink them to increase my strength,” she notes.) “It's inhabiting the most exaggerated, implausible distortion of your position, in order to show that it's ridiculous.”

On its most basic level, ironic misandry functions like a stuck-out tongue pointed at a playground bully: When men’s rights activists hurled insults at feminist writer Jessica Valenti on Twitter last month, she posted a picture of herself grinning in an “I BATHE IN MALE TEARS” T-shirt, and dedicated the message to the “misogynist whiners.” But ironic misandry is more than just a sarcastic retort to the haters; it’s an in-joke that like-minded feminists tell even when their critics aren’t looking, as a way to build solidarity within the group. “A lot of young feminists who I follow on Instagram and love this **** are teenagers,” Valenti says. (Search the tag #maletears and you’ll find dozens of young women—and a few young men—posed with a novelty mug.) “The feminism they grew up with was the feminism of snarky blog posts, and this is a natural extension of that.”

So young feminists have taken to deploying the claim of “misandry” like a parlor game, competing to push the idea of a vast, anti-man conspiracy to its most gleefully absurd limits. When the Atlantic’s CityLab reported that “every American killed by lightning so far this year has been male,” Twitter feminists joked that institutionalized misandry was to blame. Zimmerman riffed on the meme in a post on the Hairpin, reframing lightning as the misandrist sorcery of a feminist “witch cabal,” and imagining future natural disasters that the witches would inflict upon men. (Headlines include “Fedoras Recalled Due to Spontaneous Combustion” and “Mysterious Vocal Cord Stenosis Continues to Afflict Male Pundits”). And on the Toast, co-founder Mallory Ortberg reimagines famous paintings with a man-hating subtext and injects the lyrics of children’s nursery rhymes with misandrist lines (“Hush little baby, don’t say a word/ Ever, your sister is talking”). At its best, the joke is too weird to even explain: “Our misandry, like the wings of the butterfly, is too beautiful to pull apart in order to see its workings,” Toast co-founder Nicole Cliffe told me in an email. Attempting to ground it in a real-life political context “might spoil the joke.”

But man-hating is not just for fun: It’s also a clever tactic for furthering the feminist agenda. As Jillian Horowitz notes in a recent essay at Digital America, ironic misandry is typically paired with expressions of “overt femininity, bordering on the exaggerated”: Think of the mild-mannered ladies’ book club, the domestic misandrist cross-stitch, or this “misandry makeup tutorial.” The exaggerated femininity works in two directions: On one level, pairing misandry with the trappings of girlish innocence helps puncture the image of feminists as man-hating monsters. But at the same time, lining feminine spaces with images of weaponry is a sly recognition that female solidarity can still pose a powerful threat to the status quo. Advocating for women’s rights won’t lead to the castration and extermination of all men, of course, but it will require the deflation of male power: Putting more women in the Senate will mean fewer male senators; elevating more women’s voices to the op-ed page will require silencing some men. Ironic misandry, then, allows feminists to contest the idea that they are radical man-haters, while simultaneously owning the fact that full equality between men and women remains a radical notion.

Men’s activists, for the record, are not exactly amused: Paul Elam, founder of A Voice for Men, told me he considers jokey misandry “scummy” and “yet another public display of how fucked in the head [feminists] really are.” That reaction is part of the point: “I enjoy that it bothers the men who don’t get it,” one Misandrist Book Club member told me. “It’s a good way to weed out cool dudes from the dumb bros.” As Zimmerman puts it: “The men who get annoyed by misandry jokes are in my experience universally brittle, insecure, humorless weenies with victim complexes,” while the “many intelligent, warm, confident feminist men in my life … mostly get the joke immediately and play along. They're not worried I actually want to milk them for their tears.”

There’s another reason that the once ubiquitous “This Is What a Feminist Looks Like” T-shirt has officially been usurped by a cheeky “Ban Men.” Sincere feminist identification can sometimes feel like more trouble than it’s worth. When women don’t identify as feminists, they’re scolded that feminism simply means equality between men and women, and they’d have to be ignorant to reject the label. But women who do embrace the term find that feminist identification is not so simple: They stand to see every little personal choice dissected and critiqued from a feminist perspective, from the color of their wedding dresses to the filters on their selfies. It can be freeing, then, to instead adopt an ironic stance that allows women to identify against what they clearly are not: A cartoonish man-hater bent on total male destruction. And by squarely targeting anti-feminists, ironic misandry avoids dwelling on what feminists themselves are doing right or wrong. As Zimmerman puts it, it allows women to criticize “patriarchal ideals without also shitting on your fellow gal-identified types.”

I’m not a card-carrying misandrist myself—I’m a little too shy for message T-shirts and too square for Instagram memes—but I’m still grateful to have ironic misandry in my arsenal of tools for dealing with being a woman in the world. Some sexist provocations are too tiresome to counter with a full-throated feminist argument. Sometimes, all you need is a GIF.
http://38.media.tumblr.com/38d71ee8c8e6af69dbd16f28f359c1a3/tumblr_n9u7kepcfX1qjzfl0o1_500.gif
http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2014/08/08/ironic_misandry_why_feminists_joke_about_drinking_male_tears_and_banning.html

So, these particular feminists are engaging in an ironic in-joke about being misandrists, precisely because they are not manhaters. But, since people like you accuse them of being that so often, they've carried the joke to the extreme as a form of ironic absurd humor.

Personally, I don't care about the slogans these women want to wear. I can see the ironic humor, it's a joke about themselves, and, while I don't find it particularly funny, I don't think they are harming anyone with a T-shirt that says, "I bathe in men's tears". If you're really such a believer in free speech, and freedom of expression, you should accept their right to do that. They know this sort of thing drives the anti-feminists, like you, nuts, so that's another reason they do it, but, since you refer to them as feminazis, what would you expect in response?

Personally, I think you've just been drinking too much of Paul Elam's feminist-hating Kool Aid and, in your case, it's affected your brain and your ability to grasp irony, and to even think rationally and coherently.
Quote:
Are Men’s Rights Activists incapable of understanding irony — or are they just pretending?
Aug 19
Posted by David Futrelle
http://manboobz.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/misogynybunchpillow.png?w=604
You can buy your own Misogyny Bunch pillow for only $19.19 at the A Voice for Men store.
Goodnight, Paul! You can buy your own Misogyny Bunch pillow for only $19.19 at A Voice for Men’s Red Pill store.

Let me take a moment to ignore my regular readers and speak directly to the Men’s Rights Activists who might be reading this blog. I suspect there are a few.

What I would like to talk to you about it ironic humor. Because, here’s the thing, sometimes people say things they don’t actually believe in order to make a little fun at the way other people see them.

When a feminist writer posts a picture of herself wearing a shirt that says “I bathe in male tears,” noting that the picture is directed at the haters who leave nasty comments on everything she writes, she is not actually announcing that she, literally or metaphorically, bathes in male tears. Nor is she saying anything about the vast, overwhelming majority of men. She is saying “**** you, I’m on vacation” to a small subset of men. That is, those who leave nasty comments on everything she writes. You know, like she explicitly stated she was doing.

I point out what seems to me patently obvious because so many men in the so-called Men’s Rights movement continue to pretend that somehow Jessica Valenti has launched a war against all the good and honest men of the world by wearing a t-shirt that she knew might annoy a teensy tiny fraction of the douchiest of men. And when people point out that she was making an ironic joke, these dudes react as though they’ve never heard of ironic humor.

This isn’t the first time MRAs seem to have had trouble getting ironic humor. In 2012, A Voice for Men launched a campaign of defamation against a college student inspired in large part by a joke she made on Twitter declaring that her political position was “kill all men hail satan.” AVFM’s Paul Elam presented this as proof that the young woman “hate[s] men [and] want[s] them dead or silenced or marginalized or ignored.” Not as the joke it obviously was.

But the thing is, MRAs do know what ironic humor is. Because they indulge in it themselves, all the time.

Over on AVFM, for example, the regulars jokingly refer to themselves as “kitten eaters,” presumably in an attempt to mock what they think people like me think of them.

Now, as you all presumably have figured out, I happen to be a giant fan of cats young and old, regardless of their beliefs. But I don’t for a second think that the assholes at A Voice for Men, despite being some of the worst human beings I’ve ever encountered, actually eat kittens.

I recognize that they are making a joke, albeit a poor one. Because, here’s the thing: I live in the real world, and I can distinguish between things meant seriously and things meant as a joke.

And I think most of those who continue to rail against Valenti and her eeeeevil t-shirt can tell the difference, too. They just choose not to, because they’re not looking for a reason to attack Valenti. They’re looking for an excuse.

Now, is it possible that things meant as ironic jokes can sometimes contain a kernel of truth? Well, yes, but there is no evidence that this is the case with Valenti. There’s no evidence at all that she hates men. None. Zero. Sure, she admits to being less than fond of a few men who are assholes, but that’s because they’re assholes, not because they’re men.

Indeed, in one recent column, she wrote this:

I have the most amazing men in my life. My father, who bought me chemistry sets and robots for every tea set or doll. My husband, an incredible feminist who is an equal partner in parenting and the home. My male friends, who believe that gender justice is important and worth fighting for. I don’t have a hard time finding these amazing men because – shockingly – most men are pretty cool guys.

In another recent column, she stood up for male victim of sexual blackmail online, reminding her readers that “it’s still revenge porn when the victim is a man and the picture is of his penis.”

I know, you can just SMELL THE HATRED there.

But there are some people, I will admit, who don’t do quite so well with their attempts at ironic humor. Ironically, the first people who come to mind are amongst those who profess to be the most shocked, shocked by Valenti’s t-shirt. I speak, of course, of the Misogyny Bunch over at A Voice for Men.

That picture at the top of this post? I didn’t photoshop it. Nor did I come up with that little nickname. They did. Indeed, on their online store, AVFM sells not only pillows but t-shirts, mugs, tote bags and even playing cards emblazoned with the catchphrase. No, really:
http://wehuntedthemammoth.com/2014/08/19/are-mens-rights-activists-incapable-of-understanding-irony-or-are-they-just-pretending/#more-12896

Dumbbell, if you have a problem with Jessica Valenti, go complain directly to her. I have nothing to do with the woman, I am not responsible for her T-shirt wardrobe choices, or her views, and I really pay no attention to her, other than reading her column in The Guardian once in awhile, which is invariably a well thought out interesting read. I have no involvement with feminism.

I'm also not a bigot--I argue regularly on this site against the inaccurate negative stereotyping of any groups, which is the essence of bigotry.

I harbor no negative feelings toward men, as a group, at all, and I've had nothing but wonderful relationships with wonderful men throughout my entire life. And I've never posted anything on this site to indicate otherwise. However, when it comes to individual idiots and shmucks like you, seething with hatred and contempt, hurling vulgar insults and personal attacks continuously at other members of A2K, and whining endlessly about why having a penis disadvantages you, you make it impossible for most people here to regard you seriously, or with any respect.

You're a juvenile, personally obnoxious mess who does little more than drop turds all over most threads he enters.

BillRM

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 04:38 pm
@izzythepush,
For your information Izzy this murder you are so happy about is due to the 13 years old claiming rape by the victim when her father got mad at her for becoming pregnant.

So a man. a renter in the household, who we do not know have anything at all to do with her becoming pregnant was torture to death on the word of a 13 years old looking to deflect her father angry.

It would be interesting to know if the rental had indeed father the child or if the father of the child instead was some boyfriend of the girl that she was looking to protest had done so.

Twenty years plus of courts hearings and two jury trials was not enough for you when it come to executing convicted murderers but a father acting to torture a man to death on the word of a 13 years old is just fine with you for some strange reason.

You are a very sick person indeed.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 05:07 pm
This is no longer "The Human Race";

This is now the "The Hubris Race".

It makes me sick to see such emotional infants cry about semantics while toying with the lives of men who truly are innocent!

I had enough with people's need to feed off of the drama they get from facetious media outlets. Enough is enough! No more fear! No more games! No more feelings and emotions over facts and evidence! This is not about what our fear is telling us in our hearts - this is about what suffering is telling the hearts of the people we ignore for our fear and negligence because we put more faith into news organizations than we do into OUR OWN ******* PEOPLE.

Today's image of species makes the entire animal kingdom look like our evolution was BACKWARDS in comparison! Nothing but spoiled brats who are overtly protective, who care more about themselves than other people; who pretend to care, to understand when they only want to hear and see what they want to hear and see, then blaming everyone else for the problems for their own fear and negligence, then have the audacity to play victim and self-righteous at the same time because they are truly just a twisted chemical experiment that's become enslaved to their chemicals and ego as well as the emotional facets of this society that continue to make us care more about non-people than people; I mean, people care more about MATERIALS THAN PEOPLE. This world should be utmost ASHAMED. The moment you judge another person's life through a biased lens that doesn't tell you the FULL STORY, is the moment YOU NEED TO WAKE UP AND WRITE THE FULL STORY.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 05:30 pm
@BillRM,
I never said I was happy about it, but I don't doubt that you're on the side of the rapist and blaming a 13 year old girl for being raped.

These pesky children tempting those poor middle aged men, something must be done about it.

Maybe you could start by not blaming children for getting raped.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 05:32 pm
@firefly,
I would just like to let nonono know I'm still here.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 05:33 pm
@izzythepush,
They haven't even proven that the father was a rapist.

Until they show DNA samples,

you are bat-**** insane to believe that a 13 year old teen wouldn't do something like this after every ******* sitcom that stereotypes 13 year old teens.
0 Replies