The 'SOUL'. What is it?

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 10:20 am
@InfraBlue,
Most things that humans perceive are based on experience and perceptions. To base religion on guesses doesn't meet the reality test. Nor does politics: People's perceptions and beliefs are what they are - AND THEIR REALITY.
They are not guesses.

Olivier5

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 10:44 am
No more games? LOL... That very proposal is a game.
mark noble

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 10:46 am
@Olivier5,
Please tell?
Olivier5

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 11:28 am
@mark noble,
No need.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 11:50 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Most things that humans perceive are based on experience and perceptions. To base religion on guesses doesn't meet the reality test. Nor does politics: People's perceptions and beliefs are what they are - AND THEIR REALITY.
They are not guesses.

Anyone saying "I believe there are no gods"...is simply blindly guessing that there are no gods...and doesn't have the courage to acknowledge that it is a guess.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 11:51 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

No more games? LOL... That very proposal is a game.

I say not.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 11:53 am
@Frank Apisa,
I say Yes.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 11:56 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I say Yes.

You can say tomato or tomahto...but the bottom line is...

...my proposal is not a game. It is an invitation to a rational discussion.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 12:54 pm
Can't believe in what was claimed by hearsay.

There's no trick to it.

Saying "I can't believe in what's existence having no evidence", is how logic works. If my friend said he killed my other friend, but I just talked to my other friend, and there was no logical way for my killer friend to get to my other friend in that time frame, then my brain says "he didn't do it". Then he claims he has super powers and can teleport, that he trained with an ancient teacher in the mountains, which is why he was gone, well someone who is stupid will say "well, I can't prove that wrong...", while someone who has a working brain will say "uh, no. Quit playing games".
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 01:55 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

The statements, "I believe there are no gods," and "I believe there is a god" aren't blind guesses because they are based on experience.

Let's be serious, Blue. No more games...okay?

What possible experience can lead to "I believe there are no gods?"

I can't believe you're asking that question.

Personal experience, of course.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 02:05 pm
@InfraBlue,
Personal experience, belief, perception, and the individual's reality.

A person who states, "I believe in god" is their reality. No amount of word games are going to change that person's belief.

People act out on their beliefs; they give money to their church, they attend church functions, they marry in churches, they baptize in churches, and their final rights are performed in churches.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 02:10 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

The statements, "I believe there are no gods," and "I believe there is a god" aren't blind guesses because they are based on experience.

What "personal experience leads to "I believe there are no gods?"...not being a blind guess?

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 03:30 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

What "personal experience leads to "I believe there are no gods?"...not being a blind guess?

The personal experience that would lead one to declair that it is a belief, by and large it's the lack of a personal experience.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 03:35 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

The lack of personal experience.

I see.

It appears you lack the ethical wherewithal to acknowledge that you cannot come up with an example of personal experience that leads to "I believe there are no gods"...not being a blind guess.

I thought so.

And now...you just want to play a stalling game.

I'm here for the duration, Blue.

Come up with something in personal experience that makes "I believe there are no gods"...anything but a blind guess.

If you can, of course!

And if you cannot...work up the courage to acknowledge that you cannot.Wink
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 04:09 pm
I did provide an example of personal experience.

What does courage have to do with the example I've provided?

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 04:27 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

You did not.

You added to your initially posted comment...in an attempt to make a lack of evidence...evidence of a lack.

That doesn't work.

Still game playing, because you do not have the courage or sense of ethics to simply acknowledge there are no personal experiences...which make the comment, "I believe there are no gods"...anything other than a blind guess.

Quote:

Your lack of courage has everything to do with the fact that you are unwilling to acknowledge that there is no personal experience that changes the comment to anything other than a blind guess.

Hey, don't get the wrong idea though. I am enjoying this. Do keep it up!

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYZ7qWtkiV-lja7BwX83KEEislJF9mXVgWdsCHxQy67FOvqLKg
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 04:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

You did not.

You added to your initially posted comment...in an attempt to make a lack of evidence...evidence of a lack.

That doesn't work.

Why doesn't it work?

Frank Apisa wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:

Your lack of courage has everything to do with the fact that you are unwilling to acknowledge that there is no personal experience that changes the comment to anything other than a blind guess.

One, you haven't explained how or why courage has everything to do with it.

Two, you haven't explained why there is no personal experience that changes the statement that one does not believe in gods to anything other than a blind guess.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 06:42 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

You did not.

That doesn't work.

Why doesn't it work?

Figure it out. And while you are at it...stop playing games.

Quote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:

One, you haven't explained how or why courage has everything to do with it.

Two, you haven't explained why there is no personal experience that changes the statement that one does not believe in gods to anything other than a blind guess.

The comment is: "I believe there are no gods."

I say that comment is a blind guess.

You say personal experience makes it more than a blind guess.

You can show that I am wrong by giving one instance of a personal experience that makes the comment anything other than a blind guess.

C'mon. Let's see you work up enough courage to at least have a go at it rather than stalling.
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 10:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I already answered your question, it's the lack of personal experience. It's your problem that you can't explain your assertion that "that doesn't work." You can't explain this assertion of yours, but you expect me to explain it for you? Seriously?
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 04:31 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

I already answered your question, it's the lack of personal experience.

First you told me it was personal experience that makes the comment "I believe there are no gods"...more than a blind guess...

...and now you are telling me it is the lack of personal experience that does it.

Neither does it, but it is hilarious to see you that desperate to avoid acknowledging that you cannot show it is more than a blind guess.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/crying-with-laughter.gif

Quote:

It's your problem that you can't explain your assertion that "that doesn't work."

It is not MY problem at all.

You could say that eating tomatoes shows that it is more than a blind guess...and I would not be obligated to show that doing so does not.

You have to make a decent case for anything that makes the comment more than a blind guess.

By now you have almost certainly realized that you cannot do so...so you play this game. And it is amusing to watch you play it...even if you actually are only playing it with yourself. (Near play on words...intentional.)

Quote:
You can't explain this assertion of yours, but you expect me to explain it for you? Seriously?

Yeah, seriously! I'm waiting for you to explain how "lack of experience" is experience...and how either make the comment more than a blind guess.

Although if you want to continue the avoidance antics instead...I am enjoying them immensely. And I will be here for you for as long as it takes.
Wink