The 'SOUL'. What is it?

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 01:58 pm
@carloslebaron,
carloslebaron wrote:

@Frank Apisa

Quote:

The fact that I acknowledge that I do not know if there is a god...is my consideration and comment about the REALITY. The fact that some other people do not acknowledge that they do not know if there is a god...is their consideration and comment about the REALITY.'

If there are no gods...then the REALITY is that there are no gods no matter what I or anyone else thinks or acknowledges...and if there is a GOD (or are gods)...then the REALITY is that there is a GOD no matter what anyone thinks or acknowledges, ci.

We may have different notions of the REALITY; different considerations about the REALITY...and that is fine. But whatever IS...IS. And whatever IS...IS THE REALITY...no matter what any of us think about it. (Unless, of course, the REALITY is that we all have separate realities. But there is no way I can think of that anyone can know that.)

Is the argument here that REALITY is subjected to the individual criteria?

Huh?????

Quote:
Hello?

Hello.

Quote:
This is why is so important to discriminate the two different kind of "realities": Physical reality and the rest of realities (dreams, imaginations, thoughts, etc.).

Huh????

Quote:
An apple is the same reality for any man on earth. It can be called with different names, but it is real, can be tasted, can be seen, etc. and its characteristics are recognized by all as the same.

Okay...and your point is?

Quote:
I am, therefore I think.

You can hate it or reject it as much as you want, but before you existing objectively, for you there is not any reality.

I have absolutely no idea of what you are rambling about.

Quote:
The existence of a god is not debated as something subjective, because thoughts are subjective and they do exist as such.

The common argument about the existence of a god is in the objective world. Here is when if you don't have facts to show, then you can't say that a god exist.

And is in this area -the subjective- where the beliefs differ between the ones who believe in a god.

For the rest, there is no god until is not shown physically.

I am sure you have a point to make.

I hope some day you make it.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 01:58 pm
JLNobody wrote:
Yes, David. I, the guilt-ridden individual, and the psychopath, with his deficient or lack of conscience, may both be aware (conscious).
I know.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 02:10 pm
@ Frank Apisa

Quote:

I'm sure I do have a point to make.

Sadly for you, you don't have any.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 03:52 pm
@carloslebaron,
carloslebaron wrote:

@ Frank Apisa

Quote:

I'm sure I do have a point to make.

Sadly for you, you don't have any.

Wink
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 04:16 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
That's the criteria of the discussion.
That post shows poor grammar, i.e., poor reasoning.
It shud be either: that is the criterion . . .
or
those r the criteria . . .

Good reasoning got us to the top of the food chain
and to the Moon. Let 's be loyal to accurate logic.

David

It's neither poor reasoning or inaccurate logic.

Merely, it's colloquial use of the word much like the word "data" and especially "agenda," where the plural serves as the singular without a thought as to reasoning and logic, as singular nouns.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 04:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
So to be clear, reality and REALITY have no bearing in these questions?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 04:41 pm
@InfraBlue,
That's a good trick! LOL
More precisely, are guesses reality?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 05:29 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

So to be clear, reality and REALITY have no bearing in these questions?

To be clear...my questions are:

It is my contention that anyone who says, "I believe there are no gods" or "I believe there is a GOD" is merely expressing a blind guess...and disguising the fact that it is a blind guess by calling it a belief. They may be doing so consciously...or unconsciously...but they are doing that.

So again I ask you:

Do you agree with me or disagree with me that those so-called "beliefs" are nothing more than blind guesses?

If you disagree with me, I would like to know why you disagree?

If they are not blind guesses expressed as "beliefs"...what are they?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 05:47 pm
@InfraBlue,
So, these dozens of posts of yours about reality, REALITY, experience, considerations and other things in regard to your assertions about beliefs and guesses were for naught?
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 05:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It's not a trick. We're just trying to get a grasp of the basis of Frank's assertions. So far, it's been like trying to get a hold of an eel.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 07:28 pm
@InfraBlue,
I understand you, but not Frank. As you have stated, his ideas about guesses and reality are contradictions. That he's hung up on 1) prove there is a god, or 2) prove there is no god in not logical. He calls them guesses. If they are guesses, isn't it funny that the majority on this planet believes in one god or another? THOSE ARE THE FACTS AND THE REALITY. That's the facts proven by those who believe. It's not about proving to Frank one or the other, since it's their perception and their reality. Frank is free to believe anything he wishes. To say most human's reality are only guesses is not logical, because that's the human condition. What we believe as individuals is what we believe. No one has to prove to another - except to Frank - prove there is a god or prove their is no god. Those questions are not necessary,
and not logical.

There are churches, cathedrals and temples all around the world to prove him wrong.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 07:58 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

So, these dozens of posts of yours about reality, REALITY, experience, considerations and other things in regard to your assertions about beliefs and guesses were for naught?

Why not answer the questions...and we may get on to those other things afterwards?

So you agree with me or not?

And if not...why not?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 08:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I understand you, but not Frank. As you have stated, his ideas about guesses and reality are contradictions.

No contradictions there at all.

Quote:
That he's hung up on 1) prove there is a god, or 2) prove there is no god in not logical.

There is no way to do either in my opinion...and I have NEVER ever asked anyone to prove either side. I defy you to point out anywhere in all the thousands of posts here and at Abuzz where I have ever done so.

Quote:
He calls them guesses.

The things I called guesses...ARE guesses.

Quote:
If they are guesses, isn't it funny that the majority on this planet believes in one god or another? THOSE ARE THE FACTS AND THE REALITY. That's the facts proven by those who believe.

What does one have to do with the other?

If every person on this planet "believed" there are no gods...would that mean there are no gods???

Quote:
It's not about proving to Frank one or the other, since it's their perception and their reality. Frank is free to believe anything he wishes. To say most human's reality are only guesses is not logical, because that's the human condition. What we believe as individuals is what we believe. No one has to prove to another - except to Frank - prove there is a god or prove their is no god. Those questions are not necessary,
and not logical.

There are churches, cathedrals and temples all around the world to prove him wrong.

You are not proving me wrong, ci.

And I am not wrong.

If a person says, "I believe there are no gods"...that is a blind guess.

It has to be a blind guess.

0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 09:21 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I've already given you my answer.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 03:57 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

No...you have not.

You are still playing the game.

I don't blame you, though. The words, "I agree with you, Frank" must be very hard for you to type.

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 03:26 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

No...you have not.

I don't blame you, though. The words, "I agree with you, Frank" must be very hard for you to type.

I don't agree with you.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 04:35 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

No...you have not.

I don't agree with you.

Aha...that is a start.

Okay...so why? (Remember the part about "...and if not, why?"

Are you saying that the people who claim there is a GOD...and the people who claim there are no gods...

...are NOT guessing???

I'd like to hear your reasoning.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 09:04 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The statements, "I believe there are no gods," and "I believe there is a god" aren't blind guesses because they are based on experience.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 09:07 pm
@mark noble,
Information.

Electromagnetic waves.

Everything that governs your body on a celestial level.

The Universe.

That force that drives you individually is that encapsulating concept of "self" - your "self" is the "soul", figuratively speaking. Passion. Love. Determination. Hate.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 03:39 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

The statements, "I believe there are no gods," and "I believe there is a god" aren't blind guesses because they are based on experience.

Let's be serious, Blue. No more games...okay?

What possible experience can lead to "I believe there are no gods?"