The 'SOUL'. What is it?

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2014 08:32 pm
@Frank Apisa,
So, for you there are at least two separate realities, one involving Super Bowl winners, lady bugs and dogs chasing their tails and another reality involving a god, but you, despite being an initiate of this knowledge can’t explain the difference and can only laugh about it.

Your mystical mumbo-jumbo is showing.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 04:39 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

So, for you there are at least two separate realities, one involving Super Bowl winners, lady bugs and dogs chasing their tails and another reality involving a god, but you, despite being an initiate of this knowledge can’t explain the difference and can only laugh about it.

Your mystical mumbo-jumbo is showing.

Like I said, if you want to think that the considerations, calculations, and permutations that go into deciding which NFL team is most likely to win the Super Bowl in any given year...

...is about the same as considerations, calculations, and permutations that go into assertions about whether or not there is a GOD...

...go for it.

I enjoy that kind of thinking, Blue.

I laugh about it on the golf course...and tell my fellow workers about it. We all get a chuckle out of the desperation shown by some Internet debaters.

So...do go for it.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 06:51 am
@Frank Apisa,
Heh, Frank the mystic.
mark noble

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 09:42 am
@dalehileman,
Dale - Do you have some sort of idealised feminity-clause written into the 'god' aspect?
You keep referring to a concept as 'She'. Any reason for genderising said concept?
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 09:54 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank.
Thread aside.
You are the ultimate troll and you don't even realise it. If you were the only human left - You would argue the issue with yourself.
You DEMAND answers, yet avoid answering, no - bypass, any questions directed toward you, or the subject in-hand.
I removed my 'ignore' function from you, a few days ago - I will never do so again.
Goodbye - Forever.
mark noble

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 09:59 am
@dalehileman,
Dale - We can only measure physical, atomic processes. Everything physical is there based - Anything else is hypothesis.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 10:47 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Heh, Frank the mystic.

Like I said, Bllue, if you want to think that the considerations, calculations, and permutations that go into deciding which NFL team is most likely to win the Super Bowl in any given year...

...is about the same as considerations, calculations, and permutations that go into assertions about whether or not there is a GOD...

...go for it.

I enjoy that kind of thinking.

I laugh about it on the golf course...and tell my fellow workers about it. We all get a chuckle out of the desperation shown by some Internet debaters.

So...do go for it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 10:49 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Frank.
Thread aside.
You are the ultimate troll and you don't even realise it. If you were the only human left - You would argue the issue with yourself.
You DEMAND answers, yet avoid answering, no - bypass, any questions directed toward you, or the subject in-hand.
I removed my 'ignore' function from you, a few days ago - I will never do so again.
Goodbye - Forever.

Oh, no...tell me this is not happening.

My life is ruined, Mark has placed me on permanent IGNORE.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/crying-with-laughter.gif

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 11:27 am
@Frank Apisa,
R u insured for that, Frank ?
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 11:42 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

R u insured for that, Frank ?

No, damn it.

I will do my best to endure, though!
Wink
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 12:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
C if u can get double indemnity coverage for that.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 12:08 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
Dale - We can only measure physical, atomic processes……. Anything else is hypothesis.
I can't argue Mark, I'm no physicist but if true, it's a violation of the general rule, a duality that distinguishes the phys from the hypo
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 02:34 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
Dale - We can only measure physical, atomic processes……. Anything else is hypothesis.
dalehileman wrote:
I can't argue Mark, I'm no physicist but if true, it's a violation of the general rule,
a duality that distinguishes the phys from the hypo
The hypo is a water horse ?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 03:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Heh, the cult of Frank.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 04:08 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
Dale - We can only measure physical, atomic processes. Everything physical is there based - Anything else is hypothesis.

'Atomic processes' are hypotheses too.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 04:36 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Heh, the cult of Frank.

No cult down my avenue, Blue.

I do not know the true nature of the REALITY of existence.

Do you?
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 05:33 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Well hey, there's reality and there's reality, er, REALITY.

Is bold necessary for the latter, or is it an entirely different entity?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 05:37 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Well hey, there's reality and there's reality, er, REALITY.

Is bold necessary for the latter, or is it an entirely different entity?

Actually...there is a difference in use of the word reality...which I try to denote by capitalizing to REALITY.

I can easily, in everyday conversations, use, "The reality is that I am typing at my keyboard" or "The reality is that you and I are here having a conversation in an Internet forum" or "The reality is that each person is born and eventually dies."

But in a more philosophical discussion setting, people are normally more specific and careful in their use of that word.

The fact of the matter is that I acknowledge that, more than likely, I do not know what the REALITY is. I do not know if "I" exist is REALITY...if you do...if we are born and die. I do not know if the "I" being supposed is actually a manifestation of an eternal and infinite somethingness...and the "experiences and life "of the "I" being supposed...came into being just an instant ago complete with all its supposed memories.

Sorry if you are not able to get that concept...but then again, you apparently cannot grasp the difference between the considerations and evaluations that go into making a guess about who will win the Super Bowl at the end of this season...and the kinds of things that go into considerations about whether or not there is a GOD.

It is a problem you ought to work on if you want to continue in discussions like these.
InfraBlue

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 02:46 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Yeah, your assertions are problematic, to say the least.

So for you, reality, definition no. 2, is about things that you conceive of, but do not know if they are actual. This is different from reality, definition no. 1, which is about things that you may know are actual.

If you don't know whether we are born and die, and whether you came into being an instant ago complete with supposed memories, how is it that you know that you're typing at your keyboard and having a conversation in an internet forum and, for that matter, know a likely winner of a Super Bowl in any given year?

Given your philosophical underpinning, you're skeptical about a lot of things, but others you take for granted. You're not being consistent to your philosophy. You only hold to this philosophy when it's convenient to you.

Your inconsistency is along the lines of arbitrarily differentiating between god and elves.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 03:05 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Yeah, your assertions are problematic, to say the least.

So for you, reality, definition no. 2, is about things that you conceive of, but do not know if they are actual. This is different from reality, definition no. 1, which is about things that you may know are actual.

If you don't know whether we are born and die, and whether you came into being an instant ago complete with supposed memories, how is it that you know that you're typing at your keyboard and having a conversation in an internet forum and, for that matter, know a likely winner of a Super Bowl in any given year?

Given your philosophical underpinning, you're skeptical about a lot of things, but others you take for granted. You're not being consistent to your philosophy. You only hold to this philosophy when it's convenient to you.

Your inconsistency is along the lines of arbitrarily differentiating between god and elves.

I am not inconsistent at all. I am fiercely consistent. In fact, most people here are bothered by the fact that (in their estimation) I seem to say the same thing time and time again.

You are just babbling here, because you have nothing better to offer.