I saw a white man with a gun. I heard a policeman saying, "Place the weapon down on the ground, ple

FBM

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 05:46 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:

Quote:

People like him and his twin, One Fried Mind, are a dime a dozen on the interweebs these days.

Tell me about it. All types may be found on the Web and that includes the ones you've described in your above statement.

The Internet is the perfect place for the individualist to hang out because they cannot be seen and no one expects anything physical from them. In real life outside the web, people normally shun these nonconformists.

Many a times, we might encounter people who've never experienced a normal interaction with another and stands alone. Some of these people were born to be alone and might have a physical and or mental disability which sets them apart. The Internet is their refuge.....it's only in normal back and forth dialogue will the difference between normal and abnormal be highlighted. The eccentric, never encountering physical relationships, there might be much mental and emotional frustration which sometime produces twisted thoughts of others and this may be seen in their posts.

The Internet is indeed a fascinating place to meet many strange others.

You hit the nail on the head there. I interact with people like goojohn and One Fried Mind mainly because I'm interested in their arguably twisted psychologies...
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 10:10 am
@FBM,
Quote:

You hit the nail on the head there. I interact with people like goojohn and One Fried Mind mainly because I'm interested in their arguably twisted psychologies...

I would also place Coldjoint on this list, unless of course, one of the above is his other self.

One's curiosity often gets the better of one. And yet, after the initial intro there is a down side when trying to interact with such individuals. These odd posters' frustration may be so emotionally ingrained that they are constantly on the offensive, impairing their contact with reality. In the finality, their venom, directed at others, you and me, is so disturbingly venomous that one can only place them on ignore.

During my posting life on the internet which goes back to the mid 90s, I've encountered myriad types of posters. The Internet captures them all and many times, originally, we simply cannot avoid these maladjusted posters. But we know them by their posts.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 10:34 am
@Moment-in-Time,
All excellent observations, Moment. There is also the phenomenon of the true troll. This is a poster who doesn't necessarily believe in what he/she is posting at all but will post anything that is absurd and/or contradictory just to get a rise out of the rest of us. If their posts seem contradictory at times, it's because they have no convictions at all but are simply trying to upset the apple cart.

I don't think that giujohn or coldjoint fit into this category; they actually seem to have the the strange beliefs they espouse. One-eye, however, often posts pure drivel and I suspect he well knows it. There have been, from time to time, a number of others on a2k.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 11:26 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
There is also the phenomenon of the true troll. This is a poster who doesn't necessarily believe in what he/she is posting at all but will post anything that is absurd and/or contradictory just to get a rise out of the rest of us. If their posts seem contradictory at times, it's because they have no convictions at all but are simply trying to upset the apple cart.

From my personal view, the above description is of one in desperate need to be noticed, suffering possibly from an "attention-seeking personality disorder." I certainly agree with you that these types come across as "true trolls."

Quote:
I don't think that giujohn or coldjoint fit into this category; they actually seem to have the the strange beliefs they espouse.

You make a good observation, Lustig Andrei. Thanks for pointing that out. I have read more of the poster coldjoint's posts than giujohn. Coldjoint's posts are literally offensive to ordinary posters and one cannot help noticing he's the perfect role model for genuine racism.

From the little I've read of giujohn, which turned me off almost immediately after our initial responses, he cames across as so very unsure of himself and borderline psychotic. giujohn spends an inordinate amount of time trying his best to put others down and to shore up his own intellect.
giujohn

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 02:15 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
I'm interested in their arguably twisted psychologies...

The only thing twisted is you unspoken love for me!
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 02:18 pm
Ah... we've heard from the 4th stooge, Lustig Andrei.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 05:46 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:

From the little I've read of giujohn, which turned me off almost immediately after our initial responses, he cames across as so very unsure of himself and borderline psychotic. giujohn spends an inordinate amount of time trying his best to put others down and to shore up his own intellect.

I haven't interacted with Coldjoint, so I can't offer anything about that one. As for the others, I suspect an abusive and/or neglectful childhood, though I would shy far away from claiming to know this for a fact. The aggressive attention-seeking, self-aggrandizement, denial of facts plainly obvious to everyone else, etc, do suggest profound insecurity that drives them to over-compensate. I'm not saying that it's all nurture; it could be nature or a combination of both, of course. In any event, I don't actually hold it against either one. I sincerely doubt they consciously chose to have the personality problems they exhibit any more than the rest of us consciously chose our psychologies.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 06:35 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:
giujohn spends an inordinate amount of time trying his best to put others down and to shore up his own intellect.

No, that's what YOU do. It's really obnoxious too. It would be nice if you stopped acting that way.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 06:36 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
I don't think that giujohn or coldjoint fit into this category; they actually seem to have the the strange beliefs they espouse.

What strange beliefs?

Coldjoint comes across to me as just a regular conservative who is posting in defense of conservatism.

Giujohn comes across to me as a good cop who works hard at his job and is sick and tired of people assuming that all cops are bad.

I don't claim to have any special ability at reading people though, so if either of them speak up and say I've gotten something wrong, then I've gotten something wrong.
FBM

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 06:44 pm
@oralloy,
If goojohn were such a good cop, he would be sensitive to, you know, evidence when it is presented. He would be able to distinguish between relevant evidence and grabasstic, cobbled-together, meaningless red herrings. And if being a good cop means that your strongest urge is to respond to dissent with name-calling ad homs, then maybe there are too many "good" cops. Finally, if he were such a good cop, he would have noticed the numerous times that people have openly stated in this very thread that nobody is accusing all cops of being bad. These things are blatantly obvious to any mature, reasonable person involved in this thread, so how is it that a "good" cop like goojohn is missing them all? How do you even know that an anonymous name on the internet is telling the truth when he claims to be or have been a cop or anything else? A healthy dose of skepticism goes a long way on teh interweebs, y'know.
oralloy

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 06:56 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
How do you even know that an anonymous name on the internet is telling the truth when he claims to be or have been a cop or anything else?

I've not seen him claim to be a cop.

I also haven't read most of this thread, but it looks as if everyone is getting the wrong idea about everyone else.
FBM

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 07:04 pm
@oralloy,
Eh? You wrote:

Quote:
Giujohn comes across to me as a good cop who works hard at his job and is sick and tired of people assuming that all cops are bad.

Several pages back, he said something about having worked with law enforcement as a drug snitch or something or other. I really didn't pay attention, because, hey, it's the internet. People can claim whatever about themselves.

If you do go back and read more of the thread, I think you'll see more clearly why I posted what I did just before this post.
giujohn

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 08:08 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
Several pages back, he said something about having worked with law enforcement as a drug snitch or something or other. I really didn't pay attention

LOL

You, in typical fashion come off all righteous and above reproach but it's really a lie. You are a troll, a pot stirrer. You thrive on derision and
decisiveness. You have no real opinions, just the opposite of who you are talkng to at the moment, hence you easily contradict yourself.

Quote:
If goojohn were such a good cop, he would be sensitive to, you know, evidence when it is presented. He would be able to distinguish between relevant evidence and grabasstic, cobbled-together, meaningless red herrings. And if being a good cop means that your strongest urge is to respond to dissent with name-calling ad homs, then maybe there are too many "good" cops.

Quote:

Several pages back, he said something about having worked with law enforcement as a drug snitch or something or other. I really didn't pay attention, because, hey, it's the internet. People can claim whatever about themselves.

Quote:
I've not seen him claim to be a cop.

WRONG AGAIN... I've stated it before.

For the record my experience is 20+ years as a police officer (military, municiple and federal) and I conducted 2 deep cover narcotics operations among many other things.

But then you dont care about any of that...not really. Its just a game to you. I imagine you to be in reality a 14 year old pasty, pimple faced computer nerd, friendless and unloved, marginalized by parents and society and on the brink of shooting up your JR. High school.
FBM

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 08:35 pm
@giujohn,
IF you really were a cop, your behavior here would confirm their bad reputation.
giujohn

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 08:44 pm
@FBM,
Of course you would say that. It is in keeping with your agenda. No surprize there.
FBM

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 08:47 pm
@giujohn,
http://www.logicalfallacies.info/presumption/
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2014 11:53 pm

Quote:
At a time when violent crime in the US is the lowest in a generation why is there an epidemic of police violence?
Mark J. Perry | June 3, 2014, 9:24 pm

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/crime-600x386.jpg

The violent crime rate has been almost cut in half over the last 20 years, from 747.1 violent crimes per 100,000 inhabitants in 1994 to only 366.1 crimes per 100,000 last year (see chart above). So why at the same time that violent crime has been declining so consistently have we seen such an accompanying epidemic of police violence and SWAT raids, and such a “rise of the warrior cop” in America? Or in the words of John Whitehead, why have so many police search warrants turned into violent death warrants, and why have SWAT teams turned into violent death squads at a time when violent crime is in free-fall?

Continues at link: http://www.aei-ideas.org/2014/06/at-a-time-when-violent-crime-in-the-us-is-the-lowest-in-a-generation-why-is-there-an-epidemic-of-police-violence/
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 12:16 am
Apparently the US Attorney General also has an "agenda":

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/18/us-usa-justice-ferguson-study-idUSKBN0HD1YC20140918

Quote:
U.S. attorney general announces grant to study police racial profiling
BY JULIA EDWARDS
WASHINGTON Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:55am EDT

(Reuters) - U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder on Thursday announced the award of a $4.75 million three-year grant to a group of educational and research organizations to study arrest data in five U.S. cities and implement changes to combat any findings of racial profiling.

The cities, which have yet to be chosen, will serve as pilots to test strategies for building trust between law enforcement and the communities they serve, Holder said.

Unrest in Ferguson, Missouri, following the shooting death of Michael Brown last month revived the importance of the initiative, Holder said, which originally had been announced in April.

"The events in Ferguson reminded us that we cannot allow tensions, which are present in so many neighborhoods across America, to go unresolved," Holder said.

The grant will be headed by law enforcement experts from the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York, along with Yale Law School, the Center for Policing Equity at the University of California, Los Angeles, and the Urban Institute, a think tank based in Washington.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 07:25 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
I haven't heard the NRA's analysis of the treaty to see if they found anything objectionable in it as it finally passed. But you know very well that, over the years, these UN kooks tried many times to put a civilian gun ban in this treaty, and that Snopes has a long and sordid history of outright lies about this.

Sure, it must be true because you can't provide any evidence of any treaty calling for a civilian gun ban. Drunk
Moment-in-Time

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 11:49 am
@FBM,
Quote:
How do you even know that an anonymous name on the internet is telling the truth when he claims to be or have been a cop or anything else?

Excellent question, FBM. You are so correct; technically, one does not know when a poster is telling the truth regarding his career/occupation, or anything else he lays claim to...the Internet is the perfect place to be what one has always wanted to be and one's creative imagination comes into action.

There is no doubt we do know an abnormally eccentric poster when we see one, beyond a shadow of a doubt; the peculiar poster's unprofessional behavior stand out. These oddballs tend to be quick to insult others, invariably eliciting negatives responses from regular posters with most people scrambling to place them on ignore.