Why is Obama such a coward with Israel?

Sturgis

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 01:21 pm
@maxdancona,
So let me see if I get this right max, you want help to stop going to Israel yet see no problem with the U.S. giving financial support to Palestine which in turn supports Hamas?

As to the basic idea of giving some level of backing (verbal, not financial) towards Israel, there is the fact that Israel is being barraged constantly from just about all sides in their region of the planet.

Now, it could be argued that Israel needs to learn to get along with the other nations. Then again the same could be argued for the others to attempt at getting on better with Israel. Palestinians funneling their financial support to Hamas, does not exactly say they are making such an effort.

So, is Obama a coward or an equal opportunity financial aid giver? You decide. Personally, I am not viewing him as cowardly, just his usual unable to make grown-up decisions on world policy (take a hard look at the Ukrainian/Russian mess he's been prolonging with hollow statements to Putin).

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 01:29 pm
@maxdancona,
Obama winning the peace prize was one of the biggest mistakes the Nobel Prize Committee ever made. Obama also authorizes torture of prisoners in addition to supporting the terrorist government/organization of Israel.

Obama is not only a coward but a dangerous leader of our country. What makes him think supporting innocent children killers will be good for his legend?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 01:33 pm
@Sturgis,
You're wrong! The Palestinians do not support Hamas.

Quote:
Report: Hamas Losing Palestinian Arab Support in Gaza

Washington Institute study indicates Gazans 'hate Hamas with a passion' and want to see Fatah re-elected.

By Tova Dvorin
First Publish: 7/27/2014, 10:06 AM / Last Update: 7/27/2014, 10:31 AM
Sturgis

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 01:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You go right on believing that, cicerone imposter.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 01:45 pm
@Sturgis,
I will.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 01:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sturgis got very upset when I pointed out that ex Israeli pm Yitshak Shamir was a member of the terrorist group Levi, the Zionist extremist group that tried to broker a deal with Nazi Germany. They tried to broker said deal to help fight the British during WW2 and after Kristallnacht, so it's not like they didn't know what the Nazis are like.

All this is indisputably true, so I'm not going to even bother posting links, it's all on Wikipedia. Anyone can check it out.

The nicest thing I can say about Sturgis is that he has a blind spot regarding Israel, so don't waste your time arguing with a brick wall.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 01:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Obama winning the peace prize was one of the biggest mistakes the Nobel Prize Committee ever made.

In fairness I think they just got caught up in the excitement of it all. It was a real Martin Luther King moment, compounded by the fact it was straight after the disastrous Bush presidency. We were all a bit doughy eyed back then.
gungasnake

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 02:09 pm
@maxdancona,
There is one solution to this **** and only one. The muslim world has to be forced to find a place to put these animals and that place has to be out of rocket range and/or tunnel range from all normal/decent people, including Israel.

Anything else is wishful thinking.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 02:21 pm
@izzythepush,
True; it's not the Nobel Prize committees fault that Obama is such a character that goes to both extremes. Nobody can foresee what any individual will become in the future. Only historians will have that responsibility.
0 Replies

QueenCandy23

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 02:48 pm
@BillRM,
since when does defending yourself and fighting for whats yours make you a terrorist?
BillRM

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 03:12 pm
@QueenCandy23,
Quote:
since when does defending yourself and fighting for whats yours make you a terrorist?

Anyone who picked such means to fight a conflict as suicide bombing of not military targets but men and women and children going about their business or launching thousands of missiles, that have no military use and with 600 pound warheads each at population centers is a terrorist of the worst kind.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 03:33 pm
@QueenCandy23,
When you use modern weaponry to kill hundreds of innocent children who has nothing to do with the politics of their country.

BillRM

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 03:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sorry but no modern weapons was used to killed hundred of innocent children but to knocked out missile launchers that the brave Palestinians are trying to protect and gain propaganda advantage with fools such as yourself by surrounding them with their own children.

They seem more then willing to fight to their last child if not themselves.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 04:07 pm
@BillRM,
Okay, what kind of weapons are being used to attack UN schools? Does Hamas have the same kind of weapons?
maxdancona

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 04:16 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
So let me see if I get this right max, you want help to stop going to Israel yet see no problem with the U.S. giving financial support to Palestine which in turn supports Hamas?

No Sturgis, you got that wrong. The US should not be supporting acts unacceptable acts of violence that victimize civilian populations. We should not be supporting Hamas... and yes I would even say we should withhold aid from any Palestinian group that is supporting Hamas.

You state incorrectly that Israel is being barraged constantly from just about all sides. This is clearly false (being "barraged" from territories you occupy doesn't really count anyway). There is no bombardment from Jordan (their longest border), from Egypt or even from Syria lately (their shortest border).

Israel's actions in Gaza, and its consequences, where a trapped civilian population is repeated attacked with no safe place to go, are morally indefensible. This is true no matter what the consequences

And for us to give Israel weapons, including mortar shells, when this is happening is pure cowardice.

maxdancona

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 04:17 pm
@QueenCandy23,
QueenCandy23 wrote:

What's funny about this post is that it could be supporting either side. There is no way to know if the poster is pro-Israel or pro-Hamas.

I find that amusing.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 04:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Okay, what kind of weapons are being used to attack UN schools?

If you wish to protect UN schools then stop using them and the area around them to launch terror weapons and if you wish for the deaths to stop then stop launching those missiles for that matter.

The killings in not in the hands of the Israel but in the hand of the Palestinians.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 04:21 pm
@QueenCandy23,
QueenCandy23 wrote:

The only people who are defending themselves here are the Israelis.

The only people who are terrorists here are the Palestinians.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 04:33 pm
@maxdancona,
It's totally immoral.
BillRM

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 04:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
It's totally immoral.

Jews defensing themselves is totally immoral?