jdee90

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 06:55 pm
@glitterbag,
Thanks anyway! Smile
0 Replies

jdee90

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 07:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Nothing...seems to come up here. Life happens, and sometimes it happens when he goes away on a weekend. Some things are out of our control.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 08:27 pm
This thread has some rare nearly universal A2K consensus. Our OP is clearly going to have none of it however...she wants what she wants and she wants it when she wants it.

I have a feeling that this is not a woman that a husband says no too, he will learn early that doing so carries heavy costs.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 08:37 pm
@ossobuco,
I started more or less on your side, saying if he isn't interested in how you are doing in difficult times, then what is the question (as in, move along from this guy).

Now though, after reading along, I'm thinking you are pretty demanding, almost zoned in on points accrued in your mind.

I do see being wary of you, as vikorr said.

This is from afar, and I've no knowledge of the many bad things you are experiencing that he should stay around for.

jdee90

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 08:59 pm
@hawkeye10,
What in the world are you talking about?

OP? A2k Consensus? Um, creepy. This is my first time on here, let alone a forum, so I don't know all about this crap.

Weird, very weird.

Thank you for your input and have a nice day.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 09:03 pm
@jdee90,
OP = original poster = you (in this case)

hawkeye is commenting on how unusual it is for people here to agree on things
jdee90

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 09:04 pm
@ossobuco,
Atleast you have one thing correct. I am pretty demanding in areas that MATTER, I have high expectations, I have reason to be and I'll never settle for a man who does not treat me as I deserve to be treated. Be wary of yourself, because, you read a few paragraphs off a screen and make a conclusion such as that? Look in the mirror. lol

Thank you for your biased input and have a nice day. l0l
jdee90

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 09:08 pm
@ehBeth,
Oh ok! Well, I wouldn't know considering I've never been on here before. But it most definitely has been an interesting experience.

And thank you for your advice earlier. It was well appreciated and considered.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 09:16 pm
@jdee90,
Not a few paragraphs, three pages of back and forth.

Most of us well understand being new on the internet. I remember being confounded that no one answered my question right away, back around the year 2000.

This site tends to have - however much we disagree with each other all the time, often rudely but sometimes not - older people with a lot of life experience, a lot of that the hard way. You're welcome to toss us off, but we all seem to have picked up on your insistence re his needing to perform vacation stoppage for your present difficulties, which are not at first glance vacation stopping by definition. Maybe you just got breast cancer and aren't telling, but I don't think so.

My biased input? I was biased for you at first.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 09:19 pm
@ossobuco,
I should add, I, and maybe we, don't dislike you. We argue with your resolute anger at your boyfriend.
0 Replies

jdee90

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 09:32 pm
@ossobuco,
Um, lol. Noone answered your question right away in 2000? Who cares...lol I'm far being new on the internet.

Many people in the world have loads of life experience. I cannot fully give you the circumstance, and therefore you cannot fully understand it. If you have so much life experience, that would be understood. Therefore, to make wide conclusions about how someone ( who is clearly in the relationship with me for 2.5 years) should be wary of me is creepy. I asked if people thought my feelings were wrong regarding the situation, not whether my boyfriend should hit the road or if I'm demanding and therefore if we get married there will be heavy costs. That's extreme thinking and weird. My boyfriend is extremely intelligent, well rounded, cultured, and knows what he wants. You aren't educated enough (yes even 3 pages, back and forth) to assert that kind of definite conclusion about me.You don't know me, and I don't know you. The only connection we have is a screen.

Furthermore, I don't need to have my reasons truly warranted or justified in your eyes as being significant enough for my man to by my side or go on vacation. It was a friendly poll I was taking. WAY too intense. I've been in a few relationships, I know what they require and what I NEED and what my guy NEEDS. My original post was a harmless, frustrated.... questioning rant after along day of grief, work, school, studying, and sickness. I proudly stand by my perceptions, ideas and opinions. Thank you and that is all.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 10:09 pm
You poor thing!

Of course you should be upset. Your boyfriend chose his guy friends over you, his girlfriend.

Here you are suffering a toothache, mourning a family dog while having to sacrifice a small part of your life to studying. How dare he choose fishing with the guys. He should be there holding your hankie for you while you sob your eyes out about being tired from having to juggle the priorities you've chosen for yourself.

Life is so unfair to you. I don't see how you can endure it.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 10:15 pm
Ok, now I dislike you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 10:18 pm
@Butrflynet,
I just wrote that, you poor thing, but didn't remember if Alice said it or who else on the Gleason show, so erased it.

And then I looked, and you said it. Great minds.
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 10:41 pm
@jdee90,
In your original post you asked for wisdom and advice and you've gotten a lot more than many first time posters get, but you don't seem interested in anything that doesn't support your own interpretation of the situation. So why did you post in the first place? Were you looking for total strangers to agree with you and sympathise with you? I hope the conversation on here will lead you to a little self-reflection. I think you're lucky to get the responses you've had. I wish people had been so blunt with me when I was young (and even when I was not so young). It's to your credit at least that you've kept coming back and replying. We get a lot of first time posters who don't like the responses they get and just disappear again.
jdee90

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 10:47 pm
@Butrflynet,
Oh my goodness, how pitiful! Are you kidding me? I came here for friendly reflection and advice..and you came here to sit at your screen and attempt to antagonize someone you do not even know and whose story you don't even know 1/64 of?! Take some unsolicited advice of your own and: get a life. You're miserable. Have a splendid day, honey!
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 10:51 pm
god help the boyfriend.
0 Replies

jdee90

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 10:52 pm
@Pearlylustre,
I've gotten alot more than what first time posters get? Lol! Um, trust me, I WOULD have survived if noone responded. And uh, with that attitude..it appears some of you think wayyyyy too highly of yourselves! lol And, no, not at all! But stay on topic! I didn't come here for people to make wide.....generalized conclusions about my character or whether my boyfriend should break up with me, or whether he should be weary of me. I simply wrote on here to get a poll on whether my THINKING was on track or not on track regarding the particular situation. That does not warrant or require the kind of crazy, wild, extreme and nonsensical things some of you people post. I think I'll stick to real people in the future....
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 10:55 pm
@jdee90,
You haven't been reflecting, you've been deflecting.

ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 10:55 pm
@jdee90,
This is neat, it could make a lot of us who argue with each other feel closer.
0 Replies