Interesting characters on a2k

Germlat

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 01:04 pm
@blatham,
Ok...so I'm a infant member. I'm not going to speak about the dearly departed ... But these people I have learned to appreciate : (not in order of importance)
CI: Interesting take on life. Lived thru a lot. Loves life. Doesn't care if you like him.
Vonny: the sweetheart...deserves mention.
Spendi: Probably Hates me. We've argued a good bit. Miss him
Edgar: gives a fair chance
Eh Beth: Not just Set's prop!! I don't always agree but a kick-ass chick!
Izzy: I've taken a liking to.....a matter of an acquired taste.
Walter: good opinions...self-controlled
David: can't agree with him...but can't ignore
Romeo: means well...comedic spirit
Frank: doesn't give a **** to say " I don't know"... It drives people insane. But understands a great deal about human nature.
Set: I don't know how to talk to the dude..
Roger: strong opinions
Lordy: funny as hell
Osso: in your face..but not as hard natured as she'd want you to think.
JTT: won't let you get close. It ruins stuff
I have a pretty long list...just getting started...gotta go for now.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 04:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
The national guard troops was of the same age as the students and was not train in crowd control and feel threaten by a mob so what do you think would happen?

The people who should had been charge are the ones who employed such troops in dealing with a hostile crowd/mob.
BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 04:36 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Lustig Andrei wrote:
Thank you for posting that quote, Chai. Without it I would not have known that Hawk even remembers me. I've had the child molester on 'ignore' for quite some time now.

Come on. Hawkeye is not a child molester. Sheesh!

Hawkeye dare to had suggested that the age of consent might be too high in most states therefore he is a child molester by the same "logic" that I think that BAC of .08 is too low and therefore I must be a drunk driver.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 04:40 pm
@BillRM,
Do any of you understand the concept of sarcastic hyperbole? Everything Hawkshit says, particularly if it has any reference to sex, irritates the heck out of me.
BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 04:44 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
Do any of you understand the concept of sarcastic hyperbole? Everything Hawkshit says, particularly if it has any reference to sex, irritates the heck out of me.

Not when it come in the form of a flat statement labeling someone as a child molester.
Setanta

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 05:13 pm
@BillRM,
The only problem with your bullshit is that they weren't facing a mob. When the Ohio NB fired, they were in an open field, the students were widely dispersed (the casualties would have worse if it had been a mob) and most were students walking from one class to another.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 06:50 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

Not when it come in the form of a flat statement labeling someone as a child molester.

You're basically an idiot, aren't you, Bill? Or is moron too strong a word?
oralloy

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 07:01 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
And anyone who might imagine that she didn't delight in her "victimization", in the face of which she stood so lonely and heroic at God's side, is being rather dull.

No one enjoys being treated unkindly.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 07:51 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

No one enjoys being treated unkindly.

there are a few around here who cant help it....notice how a thread intended to celebrate members turns into the thread bashing members.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 08:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawk, Read the title of this thread again. Your observations are off about 180 degrees! LOL

Quote:
in·ter·est·ing adjective \ˈin-t(ə-)rəs-tiŋ; ˈin-tə-ˌres-, ˈin-ˌtres-; ˈin-tərs-\
: attracting your attention and making you want to learn more about something or to be involved in something : not dull or boring
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 09:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
cel·e·brate verb \ˈse-lə-ˌbrāt\
: to do something special or enjoyable for an important event, occasion, holiday, etc.

: to praise (someone or something) : to say that (someone or something) is great or important

: to perform (a religious ceremony)

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/celebrate

Demeaning A2K members should be taken to another thread. However civility around here is always challenged.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 09:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
FYI, this thread covers both good and bad (and almost everything); it's about 'interesting characters.'
"Interesting" refers to people who post on a2k who peaks our interest because of all the reasons we find interesting.
roger

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 09:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
So, if we have them on ignore, might we assume we find them uninteresting?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 09:33 pm
@roger,
But a few of those people we put on IGNORE are those who are obsessed with one idea only that gets repeated ad naseum no matter the topic of the thread. They don't have any sense of logic, facts, or evidence, but continue to spew opinions they learn from FAUX SNOOZE (most of which are lies).

Some will find them interesting; we all have different levels of likes and dislikes, and how we react to them.

If you have interest in those 'people,' nobody is going to try to discourage you.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 09:50 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
The only problem with your bullshit is that they weren't facing a mob. When the Ohio NB fired, they were in an open field, the students were widely dispersed (the casualties would have worse if it had been a mob) and most were students walking from one class to another.

You are going to face problems in trying to re-writing history of such a recent event but you might be able to do so for those who unlike myself was not alive at the time.
BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 09:53 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
You're basically an idiot, aren't you, Bill? Or is moron too strong a word?

Thanks for removing all questions of what you happen to be.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 09:54 pm
@BillRM,
I was alive at the time. It did then and still it outrages me that nobody had to pay for cold blooded murder.
BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 10:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I was alive at the time. It did then and still it outrages me that nobody had to pay for cold blooded murder.

Cold blooded murder it was not and if anyone should have been held criminally responsible it should have been those who had send such undertrained young troops who panic, into that situation.

A company of MPs trained on crowd control should had been sent instead.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 10:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
By the way we are now used to seeing well train riot police handling such situations however when ever untrained troops face "mobs" the likelihood of them ending up firing on them is great.

The so call Boston Massacre where British troops fired into a mob is a case in point and while that event was used to drum up great anti British feelings and help move us to revolution they was found not guilty by a jury of Bostonians.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 10:32 pm
@BillRM,
"They was found not guilty....." was the massacre of the English language that stuck until now. Mr. Green