Interesting characters on a2k

Germlat

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 06:47 pm
@djjd62,
Are you Deej ? But curious as to who Deej is. I've found countless interesting personalities here : CI, Eh Beth, Edgar, Frank, David, Neo ( he doesn't like that name), Olivier, Osso, well...the list goes on..
Germlat

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 07:05 pm
@Germlat,
Yep...I didn't mention Romeo but yep Romeo too! People entirely different from myself.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 07:09 pm
@Germlat,
djjd does get called deej and deege and probably other variations, virtually always fondly. I started to describe him, but it's better to read up, to see his posts in their contexts.
Germlat

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 07:10 pm
@ossobuco,
Ok..will do.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 07:22 pm
Just a suggestion:

Pick someone here who seems interesting -- deej, for example. Look up his
profile. Observe who's following him and whom he follows. Do the same with
them. You'll learn a lot.
Germlat

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 07:26 pm
@George,
Yeah ...sometimes one doesn't get the opportunity to interact with all. It's a process...it takes time.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 07:56 pm
As long as people are bringing up members who are no longer here, or are rarely here, one gustavratzenhofer is one of the popular ones I could mention. He got me to read You Can't Win, by Jack Black, and The Tortilla Curtain, by T C Boyle. He wrote much nonsense to be humorous, but he had his serious side also.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 07:57 pm
I have a sneaky that newstep is someone we already know, by a different moniker.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 08:10 pm
Among the gone or mostly gone that I miss: Soz, Andrew, TKO, Kickycan, LoLa, Shewolf, littlek.
Lash

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 09:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
That thought occurred. And then thought how many more may be hanging out under different names... Wink
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 09:19 pm
@Lash,
The guy is too smooth in how he deals with people on here.
Lash

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 09:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
(nods) Smooth. (squints like Clint Eastwood) Yeah...
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 09:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
Rhymes with Germlat.
oralloy

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 11:18 pm
@newstep,
newstep wrote:
Who are your favorite A2k characters and why?

I like the people who disagree with me and are smart enough to do so intelligently.

Setanta, JoeFromChicago, Parados.

That's not meant to be an inclusive list of everyone who has disagreed with me intelligently, but they are among the people who I've enjoyed disagreeing with.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 11:21 pm
@newstep,
newstep wrote:
It's more about impact of non-romantic online relationships than about my personal opinion. Questions such as how are "trolls" handled, responses toward those who are newcomers, affinities etc.

Actually there has been a somewhat recent development on a2k, where the people who are possessed of both a low IQ and a leftist viewpoint have banded together into a pack. Some members of this pack make really outrageous attacks against anyone who disagrees with them, and the rest of the pack gives moral support to the attackers.

They seem to attack newcomers and old-timers with equal vigor. It might convince newcomers to leave without giving a2k a fair shot.
oralloy

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 11:21 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
I'm yakking too much, but it has been my impression - and my personal feeling - that we welcome newcomers with open arms, unless they **** up royally.

It's not a macro-"closed society'', though the micro-closed happens even to us.

Almost all people here offer 'forgiveness' of initial faux pas, hoping for people to find a basically kind, curious, and friendly method of interacting. Most members are interested in learning, and believe we can learn *something* from everyone. It is only the true horrors of humanity who seem to be here primarily to try to "shock" ( and let me tell you - it takes A LOT to shock anyone here) who get 'ignored.' A few are almost universally ignored because they harp on a very limited view and bring it to every conceivable subject - agenda-driven and relentless...

Most here are friends of freedom of speech and only consign members to silence after repeated, gross attacks on several members...in addition to the afore-mentioned bullshit behavior.

I'm not a spokesperson, but only one. Get more answers from others.

You are describing a2k more as "how it used to be" than "what it is like now".

That pack that I mentioned in my above post to newstep has largely poisoned this former atmosphere.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 11:22 pm
@newstep,
newstep wrote:
Ok. So I don't mean to offend anyone. But..you've got people who play certain roles. For instance, Edgar seems to be fatherly and friendly.

Hardly.

Edgar is one of the pack of thugs who is poisoning the formerly-enlightened atmosphere on a2k.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 11:24 pm
@oralloy,

newstep wrote:
It's more about impact of non-romantic online relationships than about my personal opinion. Questions such as how are "trolls" handled, responses toward those who are newcomers, affinities etc.
oralloy wrote:
Actually there has been a somewhat recent development on a2k,
where the people who are possessed of both a low IQ and a leftist
viewpoint have banded together into a pack.
U say this is "recent"????
oralloy

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 11:27 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
U say this is "recent"????

Well, the thuggish behavior is recent. Or at least, it has gotten much worse recently.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 11:30 pm

We can handle it.