THE NEED FOR SPEED . . .

ehBeth

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 08:08 pm
@georgeob1,
When he's got it right, there's no need to put lipstick on it.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 12:19 pm
@ehBeth,
This thread is just like middle school. Wilso is the popular mean kid (attacking anyone who doesn't fit in). Chai and EhBeth are the "in kids", the hangers on who stay popular by piling on. And, I am apparently still the class nerd....

Should I hand over my lunch money now Wilso?
georgeob1

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 05:11 pm
@maxdancona,
I think you credit him with more ability than he really has. We know from his posts that Wilso is crude, vulgar and not very bright. I don't think he is intimidating at all - on the contrary, his lack of even a hint of subtlety, humor or irony make him look merely a bit stupid.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 05:23 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

This thread is just like middle school. Wilso is the popular mean kid (attacking anyone who doesn't fit in). Chai and EhBeth are the "in kids", the hangers on who stay popular by piling on. And, I am apparently still the class nerd....

Should I hand over my lunch money now Wilso?

Wilso is popular? chai and I are in?

you must be reading a whole different A2K than I do
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 08:02 pm
The discussion has taken an odd turn. May I presume a diversion?

I'm always forgetful if the word "ass" refers to mule or donkey. So I just typed that word in google. I was wanting a definition. I had to get to page two for any definition, having had to pass "Gigantic Asses of Girls From Borneo!"

I was discomfited.

I now have a subscription to The National Review.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 08:12 pm
Ass-
Donkey
Animal
The donkey or ass, Equus africanus asinus, is a domesticated member of the horse family, Equidae. The wild ancestor of the donkey is the African wild ass, E. africanus. The donkey has been used as a working animal for at least 5000 years.

Scientific name: Equus africanus asinus
Gestation period: 365.2 d
Lifespan: 12 – 15 y (In Poor Countries, Worker), 30 – 50 y (In Prosperous Countries)
Breeds

American mammoth do...

Poitou donkey

Provence donkey

Asinara donkey
blatham

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 08:17 pm
Aside from me now being a humble new member of the virtuetocracy...

Here's another diversion. Up until 1980, it was legal in every state in the nation for a husband to rape his wife.
blatham

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 08:25 pm
@Wilso,
Well, I know that now! That's why I typed the word in.

That said, I invite everyone, when considering their next holiday, to check out my site "Borneo By Bus". Our ad will be up shortly.

Dusk. Road at edge of jungle. 50 year old caucasian male, naked, looking frightened, tries to hail down a passing car with Borneo plates. It doesn't stop.
(voice overlay) "Don't let your next trip to paradise by a disASSter. Book with Borneo by Bus. For travelers with that BIG appetite."
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 08:34 pm
@blatham,
Let's be fair about this. It was also legal for a wife to rape her husband.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 08:36 pm
I used to dismiss Wilso for his angry posts. I listen now more, as he anger-spouts less. It's not that I disagreed with him, though sometimes, it was the anger flashes.
I still am cranky re CI's (a friend) insults, which he enjoys doing, very expurgative.
Sort of threshing more flames to what avail. Which brings retro flaming.

Meantime, others of us are angry but are more veiled, or angered in complex ways, so I don't think the rest of us are superior, maybe worse.

I take Max as generally agitated and off mark, but that is from my own window re what he says. He probably doesn't think well of me. Pretty cranky, though.

The trick is to just talk.
blatham

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 08:40 pm
@maxdancona,
That's false, first of all. The male was the natural head of the household and his command established what should or should not be done by the female.

Second, it's a ridiculous pretense to equivalence of physical size, power and common behavior, not to mention the physiological component of a necessary erection.

Jesus.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 08:40 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I take Max as generally agitated and off mark, but that is from my own window re what he says. He probably doesn't think well of me. Pretty cranky, though.

I will say this for myself, I don't launch personal attacks unless attacked first (if I do, then point them out to me and I will apologize).

I am bothered by people who say what they are supposed to say without thinking for themselves. I tend to push on the other side just because the other side needs to be pushed. If this bothers you, then I guess I am at least a little sorry.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 08:42 pm
wow, what a difference a day makes - I love that song, however what took place here is rather disgusting.

The thread should be renamed "the need for respect"......respect doesn't necessarily mean acceptance, but at least stop being the bully who never advanced past his first grade level.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 08:43 pm
@blatham,
Do you know for a fact that this is false Blatham? I am curious if a wife had raped her husband whether she could have been prosecuted under any state law. I would be very surprised if a woman was ever prosecuted for this.

By the way, the erection thing is a myth. Men being raped can be physically aroused. Physical arousal is not evidence of consent, for the man or for the woman.

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 08:47 pm
@maxdancona,
Probably for a lack of prosecution. What husband would have admitted that he was raped by his wife? Dto. for domestic violence - it most definitely exists where wives beat up on their husbands, but do husbands call the police for domestic disturbance issues? I doubt it very much!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 08:50 pm
@ossobuco,
Women are much smarter about all this. And really less destructive. I think my gender ought to pretty much disappear early. Then we all might have a chance. You'd have to keep a few around. As it happens, I'm unemployed at the minute.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 08:51 pm
@maxdancona,
I don't dislike you, am trying to figure out my reactions. Usually I'm quiet re your posts, except when I snap at you - I've no idea how often but not all that much.
I just read and forget, or even once in a while agree.

Next time I notice it, we can talk about it. I do take you as angry. I haven't reviewed this thread, but it might be a good example.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 08:54 pm
@blatham,
I like my gender just fine. Both genders are nice to have around.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 08:58 pm
@maxdancona,
Find me a case, anywhere, anytime where a female was charged with raping a man.

Then look at the legal history of male's legitimate authority (as determined by the courts) in domestic matters, including the legal tradition where men, by written law, could have sexual access to their wives any time they wanted regardless of any other factor.

"men being raped can be physically aroused". You know this how?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 09:02 pm
@blatham,
Don't disappear, we need you, we need you, especially now.

To be a bit on the peacemobile side, the violence now is obliterative. I don't even like drones, don't get me going on amazon drones, much less bombs, much less atom bombs and we have our world leaders tricking out and playing games.

The balance, thinking happening, seems gone. Or, gone-ish.
0 Replies