Israel's Reality

buttflake

Thu 24 Jul, 2014 09:05 pm
Quote:
The UN Human Rights Council held a special session in Geneva on July 23, 2014 to declare effectively that Israelis do not have human rights. The vote was 29 in favor, 1 against and 17 abstentions.

The Obama administration voted against – after joining and legitimizing the virulently anti-Jewish Council for the past five years, and now feigning disappointment for American cameras.

The Europeans abstained because they did not want to upset their violent Muslim minorities, and because their sordid past didn’t leave the resolution’s message too foreign in any case. A few cowardly countries that Israelis have magnanimously befriended over the years also abstained.

But the majority of the UN world cheered – literally. Speakers during the procession of hatemongers at the Council were greeted with applause.

Quote:

Here is how it went down.

The “Human Rights” Council session on Gaza was presided over by President Baudelaire Ndong Ella of Gabon, a member of the Islamic bloc of states (OIC), and UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay.

Pillay retires in August after six years dedicated to the demonization of Israel. A native of Durban, South Africa, Pillay spent her time in office championing the racist anti-racism conference that took place in her hometown in 2001 (after Durban’s mayor requested that she resurrect the city’s good name). She choreographed the second and third UN Durban conferences in 2009 and 2011 that “reaffirmed” the Israel-is-racist canard.

Pillay also initiated, and subsequently became the lead spokesperson for, the 2009 slanderous UN Goldstone report. Though Goldstone himself later recanted the charge, the report accused Israel of deliberately targeting Palestinian civilians the last time Israel had the audacity to mount a sustained response to the Hamas killing machine in Gaza.

In short, Pillay was bent on leaving office with a bang. Along with Durban II and III, Goldstone I and II would be her anti-human rights legacy.

Pillay opened the Council session on July 23, 2014. For her, “suffering” was a description applicable only to Palestinians. She carefully presented the charge of “crimes against humanity” – knowing full well that the image projected was one of Israelis as the new Nazis. She simultaneously called for an investigation to discern the facts and recounted a list of supposed Israeli-driven horrors, like killing little children while their pious parents prepared for Muslim rituals. She summed up Israeli operations in Gaza as having “inflicted” “unimaginable death, destruction, terror and life-long consequences.”

The feeding frenzy that followed her at the UN’s highest human rights body was raw unadulterated antisemitism. It was a verbal blitz timed to coincide with the blitz of Hamas rocket attacks that Israelis were experiencing from the skies. The Council session revealed – for the umpteenth time – that these offensives are a continuation of the rejection of a Jewish state, period. Or in the words of Palestinian foreign minister Riyad Maliki himself at the Council, first came the “Israeli atrocities of 1948.” Maliki went on to charge Israel with having “exterminated” Palestinians. His language included: “the smell of death is pursuing Palestinian children because of Israel…who have transformed children into shreds…while they tried to escape the machinery of death.”

Over and over again the despicable antisemitic analogy of Israelis to Nazis was repeated, along with maniacal claims from a parade of human rights abusers. Algeria said “Gaza is a concentration camp.” Sudan said Israel had a “policy of ethnic cleansing and genocide.” Iran claimed Israel was engaged in “massacres and crimes against humanity.” Venezuela said “Israel seeks to exterminate the Palestinian people.” Tunisia said “Israel was born out of Jewish terrorism and is acting in Gaza like the Nazis.” And then there were charges of “barbaric, inhuman acts,” “heinous massacres,” and “crimes unparalleled in recent history.”

In the end, the Human Rights Council’s resolution “deplores” and “condemns in the strongest terms” Israel’s “grave,” “widespread, systematic, and gross” “violations of human rights.” The word “Hamas” is never mentioned.

And the UN launched what might be called Goldstone II – another so-called “human rights” investigation into “violations of law in the occupied Palestinian territory” – not Israeli territory of course.

Goldstone II joins the voluminous UN anti-Israel mechanisms already in operation, such as: the UN Committee on the Exercise of the Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People; the UN Special Committee to Investigate Israeli Practices Affecting the Human Rights of the Palestinian People; the UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the Palestinian territories; the UN Division for Palestinian Rights, and the UN Information System on the Question of Palestine.

On top of that, Goldstone I is still alive and kicking. It generates annual reports by the UN human rights commissioner, produced as recently as January 13, 2014. And it spawns annual resolutions by the Human Rights Council calling for its implementation, adopted as recently as March 28, 2014.

Before the vote on the resolution, the UN staff announced that the initial price tag for Goldstone II will be $2,321,500 – twenty-two percent of which will come from the American taxpayer, thanks to Obama’s ownership of the Council. Just on June 19, 2014, Keith Harper, U.S. Ambassador to the Council gushed: “The Obama Administration decided to seek membership because the United States believes the Council can make a difference. And on July 3, 2014 he claimed: “the most powerful tool we wield at the Human Rights Council is information – the ability to bring into stark focus the realities of injustice and abuse in the world…[T]he United Nations Human Rights Council is making a difference.”

What difference is it making?

There have been twice as many urgent debates and special sessions of the Council on Israel in its entire eight-year lifespan than there have been on Syria with upwards of 200,000 dead.

There has never been a single special session on a place like Iran or China or Russia.

One-third of all the resolutions and decisions critical of a single state – for all 193 UN members – have been directed at Israel alone.

There has never been a single resolution on a place like Saudi Arabia or Cuba.

So the difference the UN’s top human rights body is making is the perversion and defeat of human rights – the human rights of Israelis and the human rights of the Jewish people.

We are witnessing a terrible acquiescence to the suffering of the nation of Israel, a nation dedicated to life, freedom and equality. A nation committed to profound spirituality and compassion for all humankind.

Abandon Israel at the peril of all human decency.

The UN is lost. It is not too late for America.

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2014/07/depravity-and-sickness-at-united-nations.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
oralloy

Thu 24 Jul, 2014 10:33 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
oralloy wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
The vast majority of Jews hail from ancestors that converted to Judaism. The idea of Jewish hereditariness is religious, it's not borne out by historical or biological facts.

DNA says otherwise.

Nuh-uhh.

Your denial of science and history sure makes you look silly.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 24 Jul, 2014 10:35 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:
oralloy wrote:
If a person's beliefs are contrary to reality, that person is delusional and their beliefs are invalid.

In the US, 75% of citizens claim to be Christian. Since a fundamental belief of Christianity is the resurrection ( after death ) of the human being known as Jesus and since there is no proof at present, that a human being can ascend to a place called heaven, do you conclude that 75% of American citizens ( Christians) are delusional and their beliefs are invalid?
I don't.

I do not know the reality of whether there is any afterlife, and what its nature is if it exists. Therefore I lack any basis for concluding whose religious beliefs are correct and whose are not correct.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 24 Jul, 2014 10:35 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
oralloy wrote:
No. Truth is a matter of reality. Perspective has nothing to do with it.

Drunk
You're better off posting that nonsense in the philosophy forum - there are so many holes in it that, for someone who truly believes such a delusion - it's a whole thread in itself.

Reality is neither nonsense nor a delusion. I doubt you can poke any holes in this fact, but feel free to try.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 24 Jul, 2014 10:48 pm
@buttflake,
buttflake wrote:
The Obama administration voted against – after joining and legitimizing the virulently anti-Jewish Council for the past five years, and now feigning disappointment for American cameras.

I'm sure their disappointment was not feigned.

BTW, welcome to a2k. But couldn't you have picked a better ID???
buttflake

Thu 24 Jul, 2014 10:51 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
But couldn't you have picked a better ID???

Wouldn't that be like dressing up with nowhere to go? It suits this forum.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 24 Jul, 2014 11:10 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:

LOL and I am sure if the US ever would take over Canada they would vote to be taken over after the fact.....

The fact is that the people from Crimea is 80 or 90% ethics Russians. And I guess if the referendum was redone with all necessary guarantees, the result would be the same.
0 Replies

hingehead

Thu 24 Jul, 2014 11:19 pm
@buttflake,
So what's your preferred solution? That Palestinians give up any hope of self determination all that Israel just kills them all?
hingehead

Thu 24 Jul, 2014 11:22 pm
@buttflake,
Ps do you also quotes Russian state news services for commentary on airplane crashes in Ukraine?

Next time cite your source, unless you're scared of it being scrutinised.
buttflake

Thu 24 Jul, 2014 11:49 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
What do you know about Zionism?

It calls for a Jewish state and defends its right to exist.
hingehead

Fri 25 Jul, 2014 12:20 am
@buttflake,
So not much?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zionism#History

It calls for a jewish homeland IN THE STATE OF ISRAEL. A repatriation of jews who's ancestors had for centuries resided elsewhere because of the diaspora that started in the first century AD. It was long rejected by rabbinical councils, but rising antisemitism in the west from the Dreyfuss affair to the genocide WW2 fueled the desire for a return to Zion and a state without antisemitism. In 1898 there were 78,000s jews in Palestine. Effectively a small minority. Today they rule what was once Palestine and discriminate and persecute the Arab population descended from people who were in the country before the modern zionist movement was even born.

Change the labels and any you can see that these demographic changes are an obvious source of conflict.

I'm not making excuses for either side's actions - but I'll be fucked if I'll let you demonise one side while whitewashing the actions of the other.

That's morality.
buttflake

Fri 25 Jul, 2014 12:29 am
@hingehead,
Quote:
but I'll be fucked if I'll let you demonise one side while whitewashing the actions of the other.

That's morality.

Fill me in on any morals you find in Islams doctrine toward non-Muslims.
oralloy

Fri 25 Jul, 2014 01:02 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:
So what's your preferred solution? That Palestinians give up any hope of self determination all that Israel just kills them all?

Speaking for myself, I would have most of all preferred that the Palestinians accept one of the many offers of peace that they've received over the years.

The best option that takes into account the Palestinians' rejection of peace, also needs to take into account the fact the West Bank overlooks much of Israel (in the same manner that the Golan Heights overlooks northern Israel).

Israel can not afford to allow the Palestinians to fire rockets from the West Bank, so I really think in the long run the Palestinians are going to have to all be removed from the West Bank and transported to Gaza.

Any uprisings in Gaza can simply be pounded into submission much as is being done now.

If, in the distant future, the Palestinians ever decide that they wish to make peace, they can have the Gaza Strip as their independent state.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 25 Jul, 2014 01:14 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:
Next time cite your source, unless you're scared of it being scrutinised.

I see a link in the post. It appears to lead to the source of the quoted article.
0 Replies

hingehead

Fri 25 Jul, 2014 01:27 am
@buttflake,
That's too easy.

The qu'ran refers to Christian, Jews and Zoroastrianism as 'people of the book'; monotheists. Islam considers Moses a prophet. Islam itself builds on abrahamic tradition, just as Christianity does.

And again you try to label it a religious conflict. How wonderful it must be to live in a world so black and white.
hingehead

Fri 25 Jul, 2014 01:35 am
If anyone's interested here's a readable piece about Zionist terrorism in Palestine prior to the formation of the state of Israel

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zionist_political_violence

Like I said, take away the labels and imagine any country where an immigrant movement usurped a native population and you will see atrocities both sides. I'm looking at you America, Australia, South Africa, pretty much any colony in history.
0 Replies

buttflake

Fri 25 Jul, 2014 08:39 am
@hingehead,
Quote:
The qu'ran refers to Christian, Jews and Zoroastrianism as 'people of the book'; monotheists.

It also refers to Jews as apes and pigs. The Christians and others as infidels. Any reasonable verse about other religions have been abrogated. What is left is supremacist and extremely devious, sexist, and violent.

And the tradition is nothing other than plagiarism. You need to read the Koran and the Hadith to see the violent intentions that are religious obligations in an area of the world where religion is all people have got.
Frank Apisa

Fri 25 Jul, 2014 08:48 am
@buttflake,
buttflake wrote:

Quote:
The qu'ran refers to Christian, Jews and Zoroastrianism as 'people of the book'; monotheists.

It also refers to Jews as apes and pigs. The Christians and others as infidels. Any reasonable verse about other religions have been abrogated. What is left is supremacist and extremely devious, sexist, and violent.

And the tradition is nothing other than plagiarism. You need to read the Koran and the Hadith to see the violent intentions that are religious obligations in an area of the world where religion is all people have got.

You gotta read what we refer to as "The Old Testament" is you want to see sexism, deviousness, violence, murder, jealousy, vengeance, and the alleged superiority of a particular people.

I doubt that Koran surpasses it in any of those departments.
buttflake

Fri 25 Jul, 2014 08:57 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Look around and tell me who else in murdering people in the name of their God in the present? The past belongs to God. Islam is killing now, and what the OT says is not what inspires todays Hebrews and Christians.

The Koran is quoted daily by terrorists. It is just as relative to Muslims as it was in the 7th century. The Bible is not. And that is why there will never be peace in Israel or this world.
Frank Apisa

Fri 25 Jul, 2014 09:11 am
@buttflake,
buttflake wrote:

Quote:

Look around and tell me who else in murdering people in the name of their God in the present? The past belongs to God. Islam is killing now, and what the OT says is not what inspires todays Hebrews and Christians.

We were talking about books that inspire violence and killing.

The Old Testament is a winner in that department, Buttflake...and I dare say the number of people killed on planet Earth in the name of the God of the Old Testament...rivals the number killed in the name of the god of any other book.

Quote:
The Koran is quoted daily by terrorists. It is just as relative to Muslims as it was in the 7th century. The Bible is not. And that is why there will never be peace in Israel or this world.

If the state of Israel had not been proclaimed, I suspect most of the terrorism of Islam would not have come to pass.

I know that is hard for you even to contemplate...but it is not an unreasonable assessment.