Israel's Reality

bobsal u1553115

Wed 6 Aug, 2014 05:59 am

Brownback: Voters so mad at Obama they 'want somebody to throw a brick'
Garrett Haake
8:48 PM, Aug 5, 2014
2 hours ago
KSHB

Kansas Governor Sam Brownback, who will all-but-certainly receive his party's stamp of approval to stand for reelection when the votes are counted Tuesday, offered a theory when asked why significant numbers of Republican primary voters are casting ballots against their incumbents Tuesday.

"I think a big part of it is Barack Obama. That a lot of people are so irritated at what the president is doing, they just, they want somebody to throw a brick," Brownback told 41 Action News.

Brownback said he did not believe the contentious Roberts vs. Wolf race was truly "right vs. right" at all, but rather represented an electorate desperate to express their Obama-focused anger at just about anyone, including himself.

Brownback faces a primary challenge Tuesday night from businesswoman Jennifer Winn.

"I think it’s a lot of deep irritation with the way the president has taken the country. So much so that people are so angry about it they're just trying to express it somehow," Brownback said.

Copyright 2014 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 6 Aug, 2014 06:41 am
 http://www.evcomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Eli.Valley.Gaza_.Leaflets.jpg
bobsal u1553115

Wed 6 Aug, 2014 07:38 am
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/WilkiS/2014/WilkiS20140806_low.jpg

http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/WuerkM/2014/WuerkM20140805_low.jpg

http://media.cagle.com/89/2014/08/05/151899_600.jpg

http://media.cagle.com/2/2014/08/05/151864_600.jpg

0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 6 Aug, 2014 07:39 am
@Olivier5,
You mean the slaughter begin of Jews with such a blockade however in real life if Israel would be facing a future where they are not going to be able to shot down those missiles or keep bombing the missile sites they would go in at once and clean up the Gaza strip one house at the time with whatever force is needed.

The Jews have this little idea that no matter what they are not going to be the victims of another holocaust.
Romeo Fabulini

Wed 6 Aug, 2014 10:18 am
I was chatting to a Russian woman in a shop where I used to work a few years ago and asked her- "What do you think of the long-running Israel and Palestinian thing?"
She rolled her eyes and said "I couldn't care less if they wipe each other out".
Maybe we should adopt that point of view too.
I mean, it's really none of our business is it?
buttflake

Wed 6 Aug, 2014 10:23 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Iraqi Yazidis stranded on isolated mountaintop begin to die of thirst

Islamists(like Hamas) can kill children. And there is very little concern. Israel, on the other hand, cannot even kill a civilian living near a rocket launcher.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/iraqi-yazidis-stranded-on-isolated-mountaintop-begin-to-die-of-thirst/2014/08/05/57cca985-3396-41bd-8163-7a52e5e72064_story.html
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 6 Aug, 2014 11:26 am
Everyone know that missile launchers are being place right next to shelters and every other place that might give them some protection from being attack it just that some people are using it as excuse to attack Israel for daring to defend itself.
BillRM

Wed 6 Aug, 2014 11:30 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:

The stability of the middle east and the welfare of our only true allied in the region is none of our business?
buttflake

Wed 6 Aug, 2014 11:32 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Everyone know that missile launchers

There is overwhelming evidence that any information from Hamas is completely unreliable. The argument should be over, and the Islamists should be called out along with their violent ideology. Are people truly that gutless? They sure appear to be.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 6 Aug, 2014 11:33 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

The stability of the middle east and the welfare of our only true allied in the region is none of our business?

That "ally" and our slavish devotion to it...has cost us any chance of real allies in that area...allies that might help us actually solve some of the problems facing the Middle East...rather than exacerbating them, Bill.

Wake the hell up.

The "our only true ally"...and the "the only true democracy" arguments are nonsense.

Our unrelenting devotion to abetting Israel in whatever they want to do...is costing us dearly.
buttflake

Wed 6 Aug, 2014 11:38 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Our unrelenting devotion to abetting Israel in whatever they want to do...is costing us dearly.

Abandoning Israel will have a greater cost. Unless you think Islamic rule is inevitable, because that is what you are inviting.
oralloy

Wed 6 Aug, 2014 11:59 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
You mean the slaughter begin of Jews with such a blockade however in real life if Israel would be facing a future where they are not going to be able to shot down those missiles or keep bombing the missile sites they would go in at once and clean up the Gaza strip one house at the time with whatever force is needed.

The Jews have this little idea that no matter what they are not going to be the victims of another holocaust.

Exactly.

The anti-Semites always have these fantasies of trapping Israel in such no-win situations. They never seem to remember that when Israel is backed into a corner they shoot their way out of it.

If Olivier succeeded in creating a world where Palestinians were allowed to shell Israel with impunity, that would be very bad news for the Palestinians.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 6 Aug, 2014 12:03 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

If our friend and ally is under attack, that is very much our business.
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
Frank Apisa

Wed 6 Aug, 2014 12:11 pm
@buttflake,
buttflake wrote:

Quote:

Abandoning Israel will have a greater cost.

Abandoning Israel MAY have some cost...I will acknowledge that. Aside from the fact that I am not advocating "abandoning Israel"...there is also the question of whether or not less "devotion to abetting Israel" might not pay us more than the possible costs.

In any case, it may be too late for that. We may already have lost the Middle East forever because of our heavy handedness in favor of Israel.

But it is at least worth exploring.

Quote:

Unless you think Islamic rule is inevitable, because that is what you are inviting.

I don't think "Islamic rule" (whatever that is supposed to mean) is inevitable...but I do think that a strengthened Islamic presence in the world is just about inevitable. And we are on the wrong side of that equation, Butt.

Fact is...Israel is on the wrong side of it also. A bully can only bully and show superiority for so long...before the bullied say, "Enough with this ****...we are going to fight and fight until the last man dies."

At that point, Israel will be isolated...with even the United States saying..."no more."

All this is conjecture.

We'll see how it plays out.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Wed 6 Aug, 2014 12:54 pm
Quote:
Oralloy said: If our friend and ally is under attack, that is very much our business.

As an Englishman I don't regard Israel or the Palestinians as our friends, what have they ever done for us?
In fact the Israelis once kidnapped and hung two British soldiers, and muslims blew up a London bus and tube train, so both Israel and muslims can blow each other to hell for all I care..Smile
izzythepush

Wed 6 Aug, 2014 01:01 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
In fact the Israelis once kidnapped and hung two British soldiers,

Don't soft soap it. Israelis kidnapped, tortured and murdered British soldiers. Then they booby trapped the bodies. as acts of terror go you can't get more despicable than that.

There are a lot of Palestinian Christians.
buttflake

Wed 6 Aug, 2014 01:04 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
There are a lot of Palestinian Christians.

Quote:
Today, Christians comprise less than 4% of Palestinians living within the borders of former Mandatory Palestine. They are approximately 8% of the West Bank population, less than 1% in Gaza

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_Christians

In other words, Bullshit.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Wed 6 Aug, 2014 01:55 pm
Israel also murdered a Canadian inventor who was working on a longrange supergun because they were worried Saddam might buy one to lob shells at Israel-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Bull

Look how tiny and insignificant Israel is on the world map, so if they were snuffed out like a candle the rest of the world would hardly notice they'd gone. They've only existed this long because the West has been propping them up with cash and super-duper weaponry for 50 years.
How do US and Brit taxpayers feel about their taxes being used to buy shells and missiles and stuff for Israel?

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Religions_2012_zps1a611c24.jpg~original
BillRM

Wed 6 Aug, 2014 01:57 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
In fact the Israelis once kidnapped and hung two British soldiers,

Interesting claim and my bet is that you are talking about some events that happen before 1948 and the formal birth of Israel but I could be wrong. Waiting for clarification on that statement.

Quote:
what have they ever done for us?

Did not Israel once joined in with your nation and France in a military take over of the Suez canal as one example that come to mind.
0 Replies