Who had the highest IQ ever?

spidergal

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:52 am
Maryline Von Savant may have the highest IQ but she has never lived up to that distinction. No significant contributions.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:10 am
markm wrote:
Oh well, I'M definitely out of the running for world's highest IQ! Sad

Don't sell yourself short, markm.
0 Replies

markm

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:17 am
Thanks amigo, BUT...I was obviously just playing around a bit...notice the "LOL". You probably know that that's just chat lingo for "laughing out loud". But I'm satisfied that FINALLY, I know the name of the individual whom some consider to be the smartest man ever" PLUS the title of the bio on him by Amy Wallace...too bad it's SO expensive though...going to hunt around for a copy at $10.00, or less.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 11:12 am
spidergal wrote:
Maryline Von Savant may have the highest IQ but she has never lived up to that distinction. No significant contributions.

well, she did solve the "monty hall" problem and her Parade columns are entertaining. but she does illustrate well the reality that IQ tests mainly measure how well you do on IQ tests. Laughing
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 12:23 pm
yitwail wrote:
spidergal wrote:

well, she did solve the "monty hall" problem and her Parade columns are entertaining. but she does illustrate well the reality that IQ tests mainly measure how well you do on IQ tests. Laughing

That Monty Hall.........heh........half the world still isn't able to digest her answer.

WEll,you are right on IQ tests.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 03:02 pm
yitwail wrote:
...the reality that IQ tests mainly measure how well you do on IQ tests.

That's the top and bottom of it.
0 Replies

InCider

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 01:23 pm
William James Sidis supposedly had an IQ of 300-350. You can read all about it in the book 'The Prodigy' by Amy Wallace.
0 Replies

jagadish kumar

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 06:31 am
it's all bullshit to discuss about the I.Q ,
it all depends on the individual progress in life. Very Happy
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 09:01 am
jagadish kumar wrote:
it's all bullshit to discuss about the I.Q ,
it all depends on the individual progress in life. Very Happy

What depends on the individual's progress? If intelligence can be defined, and it can, it can be measured.
0 Replies

jagadish kumar

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 02:31 am
hello buddy ,

if u really interested in any particular subject , that tends u to concentrate more on that & as the years pass u get more knowledge on that .

any one can do any thing in the world .

what do u say about this ???
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:56 am
jagadish kumar wrote:
hello buddy ,

if u really interested in any particular subject , that tends u to concentrate more on that & as the years pass u get more knowledge on that .

any one can do any thing in the world .

what do u say about this ???

yeah......its all in the mind.
0 Replies

Calvin69

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 01:10 am
Highest IQ
Actually, the highest IQ isn't a woman... James Sidis has the highest IQ on record at about 300. You are talking about the writer, Marilyn vos Savant who is 230 (or so the highest value shows for her)

cheers

Calvin
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 05:29 am
Re: Highest IQ
Calvin69 wrote:
Actually, the highest IQ isn't a woman... James Sidis has the highest IQ on record at about 300. You are talking about the writer, Marilyn vos Savant who is 230 (or so the highest value shows for her)

cheers

Calvin

That is not correct,James had an IQ of 250.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 11:14 am
Interesting topic. bm
0 Replies

jagadish kumar

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 04:03 am
Re: Who had the highest IQ of all time?
embaciast wrote:
My dad says it was a woman. Can that be true?

how can you say that
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 06:35 pm
The trick is not to solve known questions or questions that have answers but to solve the unknown and that is where genius is.
0 Replies

InCider

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 03:28 pm
Besides, there's no actual record of Sidis' IQ. Plus, we were talking about people who are alive now.
0 Replies

rvipers

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 07:05 pm
altho i've not taken official iq tests over the years i've taken many online test like the tickle one or similar some of the ones i've taken have come across as being more credible.

my first iq score was 143, but that was the max for that test, so i took another and hit 175. this was when i was 16 ish. i am now 23.
since then i've hit:
and latest 129 ( which was the tickle one)

from memory all of them have said my intelligence lies within visualy recognising mathmatical paterns etc or along those lines.

so would the variation be as the prementioned IQ decreasin with age, or could it be down to too much binge drinking? drinking in far too much excess every weekend for the last 9 years (ok i was under age when i started drinking)really cant be too good for ones intelligence.

ah before you judge me this is social drinking im talking about not alcoholism.

also i apologise for any abrieviations and or lack of grammar/ punctuation. its because i have worked in IT and lived on computers and internet pretty much for over 10 years so do not bother with regular english when posting.

anyway as i was suggesting, could the normal decreasing IQ with increasing of age be related to increased alcohol consumption with increase of age? just a thought, wonder how much and how often the adult genius drink.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 02:29 am
Rvipers

Click here This might answer your question.
0 Replies

Timoleon

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 11:07 am
I took an IQ test in 1965 when I was in the fifth grade and scored 155. It was a school requirement Exclamation and in conjunction with an accelerated reading program known at that time as something like "SLA." I think that, in terms of sheer intelligence, I peeked in the sixth grade. In junior high school my hormones kicked in, and it's been all downhill since them Cool As far as I can tell, no one has yet in this three-year-old discussion has mentioned the effect that sex can have on your ability to think!!!

On a different tack --- I can't help but think that some old-time dudes like Plato and Aristotle, and Aquinas after them, had absolutely massive intellects and would max out over-the-limits on any test purporting to measure intelligence.
0 Replies