6
   

Who had the highest IQ ever?

 
 
dnniso
 
  1  
Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2009 11:44 am
@embaciast,
no jerry..its impossible ..women have smaler brains then men..it has to have been a guy
0 Replies
 
khoso
 
  1  
Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 12:45 pm
@embaciast,
i think no
0 Replies
 
gurrb
 
  1  
Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 01:50 pm
to label one as highest iq would be assuming that all who have lived have taken an iq test. proper labels such as 'highest iq score on an iq test' should be applied. society puts too much weight on success. what is 'success'... it varies from person to person and how each views it. success might be scoring high on an iq test to one; something that isn't fully developed yet. iq tests are too short, and its observers not intelligent to spot what needs to be seen to signify unchannelled superior intellect. they need to further be developed for us to take a true liking to their results.
0 Replies
 
Ogitoc groe sum
 
  1  
Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2009 06:03 pm
Well, this subject has an interesting amount of views. There have been many estimates of famous peoples IQ, however IQ isnt everything. Allthough id put a lot of money on someone like friedrich nietzche (sorry for spelling) or for example aristotle.

The problem with IQ is that it only test simple puzzles. A lot of "extreme" genius is better at handling a high level intellectual demandation. For instance, a man called bill joy, for his PH.D came up with a horrendously complicated algorithm on the spot. Now, in Computational genius standards that isnt an overwhelming feat. However imagine how an occurence such as this would score on an IQ test.

Another matter is, the matter of polymaths. There have been many overlooked ones in history. Believe it or not casanova was an extreme polymath, aswell as da vinci, goethe, aristotle and nietzche also theodore zeldin. Compare these people to someone along the likes of kim ung yung or william james sidis (reckoned to have IQs in the high 200s, sidis imparticular). Their achievements are dwarfed next to the ones i have just mentioned.

IQ is still in a big debate if it is really an effective measure of Intelligence. Good reason for this also. Aspergers and Autism are ones which defy IQ. The reason for this being people along these lines can develop "savant ism". This means they are impossibly good at one thing. For instance if you have one whose niche is maths. Ask them what 542 x 5654 is and they will probably come up with the answer in a frighteningly quick time. IQ cannot measure the intelligence in that field.

The other reason why ASD(autistic spectrum disorders) is an iffy one is because of the following reason. People with ASD always over complicate things (probably an exageration) this means on an IQ test they will arrive at the wrong answer through shear complexity. This reason allows me to make a prediction. Robert hooke, probably clocked the highest IQ ever.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2009 06:58 pm
@CodeBorg,
CodeBorg wrote:

I had a theory that everyone has exactly the same intelligence,
but it's just allocated in different ways.

Some people are visual, some emotional, some musical, some experiential. Some people are buried in compassion, while others focus their mind on spatial understandings, or they are taken by their senses rather than abstract ideas. Differences in IQ would then seem to be a function of the test parameters, not the people.

After 20 years, I'm still looking for any evidence that might contradict this hypothesis. Every person I meet is a sheer genius in some way or other.

What evidence
do u have "that everyone has exactly the same intelligence" ?





David
Ogitoc groe sum
 
  1  
Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2009 07:05 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Ill give you a bit of evidence which may say that everyone has the same amount of intelligence.

What if in black and white terms, intelligence is the capacity to completely break off from the shackles of empiricism (something id call the super intellect). This so far in the history of the world as far as i know has never been done. Nobody can come up with something that is completely unrelated to knowledge th3ey have or things they have experienced.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2009 07:19 pm
@Ogitoc groe sum,
Ogitoc groe sum wrote:
Quote:
Ill give you a bit of evidence

With all respect, what u wrote below, is not evidence.
It is only a speculative question.
Questions do not convay information.


Ogitoc groe sum wrote:
Quote:
which may say
that everyone has the same amount of intelligence.

Use of the word "may" creates speculation and conjecture; guessing.
That cannot prove anything.
That is not evidence of anything.


Ogitoc groe sum wrote:
Quote:
What if in black and white terms,
intelligence is the capacity to completely break off from
the shackles of empiricism (something id call the super intellect).
Empiricism is the philosophy (filosofy) of knowing
from factual experience.



Ogitoc groe sum wrote:
Quote:
This so far in the history of the world as far as i know has never been done. Nobody can come up with something that is completely unrelated to knowledge th3ey have or things they have experienced.

Assuming that u r correct,
what is your point?





David
Ogitoc groe sum
 
  1  
Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2009 07:27 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
My point is that a statement asnwered by a question such as the one i wrote cant be proved wrong. I will say my opinion on the question i wrote is the same as yours. Yet the question i wrote is valid because intelligence has not been properly defined yet.
0 Replies
 
Ogitoc groe sum
 
  1  
Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2009 07:28 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Please forgive me for my use of language though using the word evidence was a poor choice of word to use in this post.
0 Replies
 
Ogitoc groe sum
 
  1  
Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2009 07:31 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
also id like to apologise for my language, im a 16 year old asperger, that may get in the way of what i write.
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2009 10:10 pm
@Ogitoc groe sum,
Ogitoc groe sum wrote:

Ill give you a bit of evidence which may say that everyone has the same amount of intelligence.

What if in black and white terms, intelligence is the capacity to completely break off from the shackles of empiricism (something id call the super intellect). This so far in the history of the world as far as i know has never been done. Nobody can come up with something that is completely unrelated to knowledge th3ey have or things they have experienced.

If intelligence is something that no one has ever done, then everyone's IQ is zero, which, as you say, means that everyone has the same IQ. However, I doubt that that is a valid definition.
Ogitoc groe sum
 
  1  
Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2009 10:32 pm
@Brandon9000,
What i said there was not my opinion it was an example of a statement that is hard to disprove.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2009 11:15 pm
@Ogitoc groe sum,
Ogitoc groe sum wrote:

also id like to apologise for my language,
im a 16 year old asperger, that may get in the way of what i write.
With all respect:
what is an asperger ?
Ogitoc groe sum
 
  1  
Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 08:15 am
@OmSigDAVID,
its a developmental difference that usually occurs in males, basically certain departments of the brain overgrow others, most commonly areas to do with communication.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 08:20 am
@embaciast,
embaciast wrote:
Quote:
Who had the highest IQ of all time?

We coud only know that, if we knew the I.Q. of everyone
who has ever lived; we do not.





embaciast wrote:
Quote:
My dad says it was a woman. Can that be true?

It can be.
We don 't know whether it IS true.
The highest recorded I.Q. is that of Marilyn vos Savant.





David
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 08:25 am
@Ogitoc groe sum,
Ogitoc groe sum wrote:

its a developmental difference that usually occurs in males,
basically certain departments of the brain overgrow others,
most commonly areas to do with communication.

I see.
Good luck in getting that straightened out.
Ogitoc groe sum
 
  1  
Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 09:26 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Its something you have for life, it is a gift and affliction really, well that is what information i have been given about aspergers.
djjd62
 
  1  
Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 09:31 am
i've always assumed it was me, i put a rough estimate of my IQ at around one million
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 10:19 am
Here she is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U09O9DXWdHc
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 10:52 am
@Ogitoc groe sum,
Ogitoc groe sum wrote:

Its something you have for life, it is a gift and affliction really,
well that is what information i have been given about aspergers.
U said that it is a gift.
Is there something that u like about it?
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Facs on the Famous - Discussion by gollum
URGENT!!! (BEER STATISTICS) - Question by Sarah17
WHAT TIME IS IT NOW? - Question by farmerman
Are Print Encyclopedias Obsolete? - Discussion by Phoenix32890
what d'you call a prince? - Discussion by Endymion
Collecting - Numismatics - Discussion by gollum
What a Trip - Discussion by gollum
New York State Economy - Discussion by gollum
Finding Old Articles - Discussion by gollum
 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 08/10/2022 at 11:45:55