Who had the highest IQ ever?

cge04

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 03:53 am
Could it be possible that an animal can possess good amounts of i.q and if it is possible, how do we measure it ?......
yitwail

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 10:51 am
good question. animals do possess intelligence, but not IQ, until someone designs an IQ test for animals, which will be difficult since animals don't understand language too well and even non-verbal IQ tests have verbal instructions, and even if one were designed, it would be hard to be sure that an animal taking the test was trying its best.
xelasnave

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 11:54 pm
As the only human left on the planet without entering comment I offer the following.
I was telling a friend how I failed my intelligence test and she told me this story.
She greeted her Son with the results of his test to gain entry to a school for gifted ones.
She was pleased as he got in with "a higher result than expected"..
He was not happy saying " I tried as hard as I could to fluff the questions Mum I want to stay at my school with my friends".
So how smart is that? Very Happy
alex

0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 01:39 pm
good one. that actually happen? i remember once reading that in SAT prep classes, they taught a strategy called what would waldo do? waldo is a hypothetical average test taker, and the strategy assumed that waldo would always choose plausible, obvious answers. so on any seemingly difficult test question, the strategy recommends eliminating the most obvious answer. sounds like your friend's son followed this strategy by accident. Laughing
0 Replies

BuissnessLady

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 09:56 am
OMG!!!
THAT IS A LOAD OF RUBBISH DAT 174! its physically impossible as the test is out of 160! Not so clever are you if you don't even know that! And additionally doctors don't say 'your a genius'! DURRR!!!!!!! Your teachers would inform your parents and you could possibly get a scholarship! But you cant be all that clever when you don't know these simple SIMPLE FACTS!
dbp8e

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 08:15 pm
wow
brandon9000, isnt what you said obvious? why would you waste your time typing out a post that no one would ever argue with? people's brains are different... so people have different intelligences... no kidding smart guy, thanks for the enlightening information.
Chaplin

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 09:37 pm
It wasn't me.
0 Replies

moshadoe

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 08:37 am
what is your zenith?
ok I have read how high the guys IQ is and I have one reply so far that may make some sense. If he is indeed from the 1700's then does this not mean that his questions would relate to that time period and therefore be easier to some people in modern day?

I just finished my iq exam with a high point in my life of 159. That is 10 points higher than last time. Anyone else wish to share results?
0 Replies

nutmegedsnap17

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 06:00 pm
Who has the highest IQ?
I don't think the Guiness World Records is exactly right about that woman having the highest iq, (e.g. GWR lists 48, 000 digits of pi memorized by a human being, yet a japanese man have reached over 85,000). Sho Yano, the 14 year old who gained fame when he became the youngest ever to go into med school at age 8, took an IQ test. His score was so high that the standard IQ test isn't accurate enough to mark his score. It's believed to be in the 300's. And then there was the Mexican 5 year old who is an expert in diabetes and other diseases related. He is already qualified to go into university. I wonder what he will get :wink: probably in the 300's as well. I also heard that the woman (sorry Laughing can't remember name) took the IQ test in the 1960s, when the standard IQ test wasn't made yet. She received the score of 210, but later, in the 1990's, she took a more accurate IQ test and received 180. So... who DOES have the highest IQ? I mean, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe is thought to have an IQ of 210, but then, you have Mozart, which they claim to be 165. That's not possible. To be able to make melodies so good right out of your head, even with perfect pitch, is hard and will take alot of brainpower. The corpus callosum (not sure spelling, or accuracy, but it's the part of the brain in which controlls the audiory and co-ordination) can't be SO large, that it does almost 10 percent of the 15 percent our brain calculates. It has to be that almost all of his parts of the brain are strong to make such amazing music. So, I presume his IQ to be in the 250's. Anybody agree? Smile
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 04:06 am
For your kind information, Corpus Callosum has nothing to do with musical coordination. Its meant for maintaining a balance between the two hemispheres of brain.

And can't seem to agree on Mozart.

And btw, who cares about IQ? Einstein's assumed IQ is far less than all these prodigies you have mentioned. And where are these prodigies now? How have they contributed to the world's betterment?
0 Replies

InCider

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 05:49 pm
Dude, I can pick melodies out of my head. I can MAKE THEM UP ON THE SPOT WITH HARMONIES, and I'm only at 145 points or so.
0 Replies

incogn1to

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 11:16 pm
Ok I just want to tell some of you guys that IQ has nothing to do with your accomplishments in life or how good you are at a certain subject like math or science.

IQ measures your reasoning skills. That means what is right and what is wrong. It measures how good you are at thinking.

Having a low IQ does not stop anyone from leading a successful career, although you may make some dumb decisions sometime in your life, you will still do good if you are good at whatever subject you study.

And about Chris Langan, yes I know he works at a bar, but you obviously do not know the whole story. To be successful you have to kiss your way up the ladder of success, and he did not want to do that. He went to one of the top liberal arts colleges in his day, but left after his peers joined a riot and caused damage and blamed it all on him.
0 Replies

ehsan150

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 11:54 am
Intelligence brings Depression
As I have investigated the sentiments, feelings, thoughts, etc. of most people around me, I have discovered that the naturally sharp and intelligent people are usually unhappy. Maybe that is why many successful people have IQ of above average by are not even in top one percent most of the times.
0 Replies

glasglow

Reply Sat 3 May, 2008 08:10 am
High IQ
I don't really think we should flatter iq tests all that much. They are culturally biased in most cases and not always a valid determination of intelligence. For example a genius Chinese man might never score a "genius" level iq score on a western test. Not that they haven't tried to make them fair, and not that there aren't a few different types of tests, but even so, they are based very often on cultural criteria or expectation. I just don't like them personally. But it is cool that a woman has the highest listed IQ..
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 08:56 am
just watched an interesting 3 part Errol Morris program on Chris Langan on Youtube. if anyone else has seen it, we could discuss it.

some quicky comments--a pity he didn't have a more nurturing upbringing. i question his anti-academic stance a bit; he also made a remark about the stupid thinking themselves smarter than the intelligent--but same could be said about autodidacts considering themselves more knowledgeable than the formally educated; then again, he hardly ever changed expression, making it difficult to tell if any of his remarks were ironic. Confused
0 Replies

talkstuff

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 09:53 pm
@Nick Paleveda,
Hey all you guys, these are just childhood IQ score which is used to compare their intelligence comparing to people of their age. So with IQ of 250 which is 2.5 times their real age, that is what it is, it is not the actual adult IQ that is stated, but childhood IQ is not comparable to adult IQ as it can go much higher, like 200 and above. If you go to Giga Society and Olympic Society, you will see a list of all adults with highest IQ in the world, and check out the Pars Society as well. Also for all you people that says IQ dont measure intelligence, it does measure intelligence but intelligence could be measured in many different ways, an IQ test with only black and white diagram measure intelligence in black and white, but with colour images, its more harder. Yes there are people who are smart in different way, like street smart, that depends on their experience, how often they hang out in the street and also depend on their memory and brain capacity to solve problems. Culture Fair IQ test measures real intellingence (the intelligence you are born with) that means your ability to solve problems. Whereas the other type of IQ test that involves words and mathematics depends on how much you know of the facts in real life and your ability to solve the prolbems combined together. Also other type of intelligence involves the ability to know who lie and cheats in competition based on alot of evidence available and know if someone is a fake or real thing not by opinion but by using real evidence. Thats the way to sovle it mate.
0 Replies

talkstuff

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 10:38 pm
@carthous,
Knowledge depends on how much you have studied, it does not measure real intelligence, (the intelligence you are born with). So not know what a car is or what is a cobra does not mean you are dumb, it just mean you never heard of it or seen it with that name. Like if i don't know All the language of the world does that mean i am dumb ? no it does not, it depends on how much you open the book and put your mind into that book you open, not just open the book and look at it, but study it and think about it more. Now that is getting knowledge into your heads. With an IQ test that is culture fair, which means it uses only pictures and no previous experience is required to solve the problem, these type of test does measure intelligence, it measures your intelligence you are born with. Now if you don't understand this, then keep your mouth shut and be humble and ask people to explain more to you, stop thinking you are so smart because if you cannot figure out what the test designers are putting out there, then you cannot figure out the answer and you are not as smart as others, so be humble and aks for help to understand this. The other type of IQ test that involves previous knowledge such as maths and words, it measures your knowledge combined with your ability to solve problems. So this type of IQ test is not Culture Fair and is not for everyone, its only good for those who have high knowledge, those that studied very often. So i hope this answer your complain that IQ test does not measure intelligence. It does, and only the culture fair iq test does.
0 Replies

talkstuff

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 10:51 pm
@xzrhx,
All those famous people with estimated IQ are all estimate and not fact. We want fact, that is this person has an IQ of " " at SD 15 or 16 and is a member of " " whatever society it is. Current High Range test by Paul Cooijman and Jonathan Wai and others is the test that shows real adult IQ at the present moment. If you want to see the very smart ones go to the Giga Society and Pars Society as well as the Olympic Society, there you will see a list of all the adults with very high IQ.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 05:58 pm
@cge04,
I believe that it may have been William James Sidis. His IQ was in the 250 - 300 range.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 06:01 pm
@dbp8e,
dbp8e wrote:

wow
brandon9000, isnt what you said obvious? why would you waste your time typing out a post that no one would ever argue with? people's brains are different... so people have different intelligences... no kidding smart guy, thanks for the enlightening information.

Probably you should give some indication of which post you're responding to, and what I said in it.
0 Replies