Israel's Shame

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 08:11 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
If you 'don't think,' it's really an empty challenge with no basis in fact or reality. Give us some evidence or proof, then we'll have something to talk about.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 08:17 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Heck, half the mosques in Britain alone are terrorist-recruiting centres and there's a constant stream of young Brit muslims volunteering to go fight in the mideast!

Finally, Brits are moving around the planet for noble reasons instead of slaughtering innocents and pillaging their lands.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 08:54 pm
If this doesn't send a message to the world, nothing will.

Quote:
With Israeli and U.S. encouragement, Egypt has tried to get both sides to hold fire and then negotiate terms for protracted calm in the Palestinian enclave where officials said 624 people, mostly civilians, have been killed in 15 days of fighting.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 07:42 am
Quote:
Romeo said: I don't think you'll find a single muslim anywhere in the world who thinks the Israeli occupation of Palestine is okay..
Cicerone said: If you 'don't think,' it's really an empty challenge with no basis in fact or reality. Give us some evidence or proof, then we'll have something to talk about.

Let me put it this way mate- I've NEVER heard a single muslim say the Israeli occupation of Palestine is okay, but I've heard thousands of muslims say it's NOT okay!
Even the United Nations says it's not okay.
And many non-muslims (like me) also say it's not okay and that Israel should get out of Palestine!
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 09:35 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I find your vehemence concerning Zionists and your repeated reference to "the Jews" troubling, however I suspect you may be employing the later just to elicit charges of anti-Semitism.

The reason I put the term "the Jews" in parenthesis is because of the simplism of the idea of Jews being a monolithic entity, much like the simplism of considering Muslims to be a monolithic entity, which is employed for political expediency . The state of Israel and the Zionists do not speak for all of the Jews of the world, however much their rhetoric serves to further their agenda.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
I can imagine an objection to a Jewish State based on an aversion to theocracies, however, as you know, Israel is not a theocratic state and I don't recall your ever expressing a similar vehement objection to any of the numerous Muslim States.

I object to Israel’s status as a Jewish State based on my aversion to ethnocentricity and the oppression of the Palestinians that is necessary to maintain that ethnocentricity of the state of Israel in the name of a demographic majority of Jews. I’m averse to theocracies as well because they also tend to be oppressive.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
I can also imagine that someone who regards democracy with an almost religious fervor divorcing all other factors from consideration and finding that Israel is skirting a purists implementation of the concept, but such a person, it seems to me, would find a lot more reason to criticize a lot of other nations, rather than simply Israel. Perhaps you have, but I don't recall you criticizing the Palestinian leadership for their un-democratic ways.

Ethnocentricity in a state tends to be undemocratic when there are other ethnicities that reside in that state, regardless of what form of government they claim to have. With Israel, democracy is implemented to a certain degree in regard to the Arabs living within the green line, but its very own Or Report published at the beginnings of the Second Intifada found that discrimination against the Israeli Arabs was systematic within the Israeli government. This systematic discrimination isn’t surprising considering Israel’s self-designation as "the state for the Jews."

Yeah, the Palestinians can also improve their democratic political structures. Their attempts to reconcile their two major political factions is an indication of this improvement.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
And I can imagine someone criticizing Israel for lobbying members of our congress, although I would expect greater criticism be directed at the members of congress who are influenced by these efforts, and (once again) a consistency of criticism of any nation that lobbies our government.

(It seems on the issue of lobbying the left in the US tends to find it sinister and corrupting only when it is done by entities with which they have some fundamental problem i.e. corporations and Israel. Other groups like Unions and Environmentalist Activists are somehow perceived to only be seeking to educate.)

Not all lobbying efforts are bad, though, regardless of who is lobbying or for whom it’s being done. I object to the lobbying that’s done in the name of Israel to perpetuate its existence as an ethnocentric state that in order to exist necessarily oppresses the Palestinian people.

I’m for the lobbying that pushes for an independent state for the Kurdish people.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Finally, you are far too intelligent and well-informed to not realize the inevitable outcome of Israel granting the Right of Return to the Palestinians, as well as the primary reason for making it so inviolate a demand, so I'm afraid I must assume you look favorably on that outcome.

If you’re alluding to some scenario of mass genocide of the Jews in Israel were the Right of Return granted to the Palestinian people, yours is a gross non sequitur. It’s based on the smearing of the Palestinians with stereotypes of Islamist bloodlust. You need to get over your prejudices.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
It's an impossible hypothetical, but if there was some way for the Right of Return to be granted and for Israel to remain a Jewish State, what would be your reaction?

What exactly do you mean by Israel remaining a Jewish State if not the maintenance of a Jewish majority there?
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
I really don't believe that all critics of Israel are anti-Semites, not even all of the rabid ones that greatly exaggerate Israel's errors and misdeeds, while greatly minimizing and excusing those of the Palestinians. I suspect that you will acknowledge that at least some segment of Israel's critics are motivated by bigotry though, and that they enjoy the ability to join others in slamming Jews, and getting to feel morally superior while doing so.

Ok.
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
But I can't read your mind, only your comments and, as I wrote, I remain uncertain at to your motivation.

Not that you should care.

Well, you certainly care enough to question my motivation for criticizing the state of Israel, and the ideology behind it, certainly, I should care enough to respond to these doubts especially when you bandy about suspicions of racial hatred as being my motivation.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 09:43 am
@InfraBlue,
Amazing isn't it, Finn has a go at you for your language, but lets BillRM off scot free when he justifies genocide. It's rank hypocrisy of the worst kind.

The lesson of the Holocaust is that it should never happen again. Finn clearly doesn't care whether or not it happens again, just as long as it doesn't happen to Jews.

This is all Finn really cares about.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/24/Onedolar2009series.jpg
JTT

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 09:47 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It's rank hypocrisy of the worst kind.

What a novel idea, Izzy!! You sure do catch on fast.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 09:58 am
@izzythepush,
Unfortunately, that US $1 bill is not worth that much! Not much can be bought with $1 today.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 10:44 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
If this doesn't send a message to the world, nothing will.

Quote:
With Israeli and U.S. encouragement, Egypt has tried to get both sides to hold fire and then negotiate terms for protracted calm in the Palestinian enclave where officials said 624 people, mostly civilians, have been killed in 15 days of fighting.

You right it does send a message that everyone wish for peace but the Palestinian leadership that do not care about their own people welfare.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 11:17 am
@BillRM,
It's not the Palestinian leadership; it's Hamas, a band of Palestinian Sunni terrorist organization or the Muslims of the world. They do not represent the whole of the Palestinians or anyone else. Compared to the Jewish military, Hamas is very small.
Many of you who have no knowledge about Muslims or Arabs are totally ignorant about them. There are over 2 billion Muslims in this world; and the majority are peaceful. Most of you who learned about Muslims from US media are just plain ignorant of the facts.

The US has killed more innocent Muslim with our illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. It's no wonder the Arabs of the Middle East don't trust the US.

BillRM

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 11:49 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
It's not the Palestinian leadership; it's Hamas, a band of Palestinian Sunni terrorist organization or the Muslims of the world.

They are the defacto government of Gaza by elections. They are ruling by the consent of the majority of the population of Gaza.

Quote:
Government and politics[edit] In 2006, Hamas won the 2006 Palestinian legislative elections and assumed administrative control of Gaza Strip

Quote:
There are over 2 billion Muslims in this world; and the majority are peaceful.

An what does the above have to do with the Palestinian people with special note of the Gaza Strip population ????????
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 11:54 am
@BillRM,
Is that anything like the elections in Russia? LOL

Or, how would you vote if the only thing left was your ability to vote for the small band of terrorists that fights on your behalf, because the Zionists of Israel have already taken everything you owned of value.

Of coarse, if you were a citizen of Gaza, you would vote another way. Idiot; you fail to understand anything about survival.

BillRM

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 12:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
So you are claiming that the Palestinians of Gaza does not consent to those attacks on Israels that would mean that the world have a duty to go into the Gaza Strip and drive those or kill those terrorists that are holding the Palestinians hostage against their wishes.

What bullshit but you might get your wish and Israel might indeed "free" the Palestinian people on the Gaza Stripe from those terrorists that you are trying to claim do not have the right to act in their name

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 12:07 pm
@BillRM,
You ask stupid questions; what makes you think the people in Gaza has any say about what Hamas does? Even the so-called right wing Jews of Israel has no influence on what the Zionists have been doing in their country since the middle of the last century.
BillRM

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 12:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You ask stupid questions; what makes you think the people in Gaza has any say about what Hamas does

Good then there is no problem at all for Israel going in and killing those terrorists that are not the legal or at least the defacto government of Gaza.

Not that I think for a second that the attempted murders of Jews are not getting wide spread support from the Palestinians but we will play that game and free them of the rule of murderers.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 12:35 pm
@BillRM,
You,
Quote:
Good then there is no problem at all for Israel going in and killing those terrorists that are not the legal or at least the defacto government of Gaza.

It's not about killing the terrorists. It's about all the innocent men, women and children that the Jews kill. In any other 'democracy,' that's murder.
BillRM

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 12:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
It's not about killing the terrorists. It's about all the innocent men, women and children that the Jews kill. In any other 'democracy,' that's murder.

Name me one nation on earth that would not reacted and do whatever is needed to stops what is now over two thousands rockets fired into their territory?

Even if the rocketeers are using their own populations as shields.

JTT

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 12:58 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Name me one nation on earth that would not reacted and do whatever is needed to stops what is now over two thousands rockets fired into their territory?

Name me one group of people who wouldn't want to put up with foreigners stealing their lands, killing their children, stealing their wealth, ... oh wait, Bill, there's the 70 plus nations that have tried to stop the marauding USA. That's 70 plus nations just since WWII.

Myriad war crimes, millions dead, millions sickened from USA WMDs, millions upon millions of lives ruined just to feed American greed. Talk about evil, right?

And yet there are numerous people who defend these criminals, many more that stay silent for crimes that are every bit as vicious what the Nazis did.

BillRM

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 01:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
OK in WW2 London got hit by roughly 1300 V2 with a total warhead load of 2,600,000 pounds compare to Israel with 1,200,000 pounds of high explosives.

So the poor Palestinians have drop about half of the total explosives that was drop on London by way of V2 to date on this serous of attacks.

No I can not understand why Israel just does not put up with those rockets attacks and not try to take out the launching sites with or without humans shields around them.
JTT

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 01:35 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
No I can not understand why Israel just does not put up with those rockets attacks and not try to take out the launching sites with or without humans shields around them.

This silly meme just never dies, does it? Just like all USA propaganda, which gets pounded into empty Bill type brains.

When you bomb apartments and homes, hospitals and safe zones who do you expect to be there?