Tell him Angela and I
Don't want the two dollars back
Just him!
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 03:06 pm
@Bigshot ,
Quote:
waited a couple days to text her and she never got back to me? I'm thinking she might have been saying all this stuff when she was drinking and she regrets it what do you think?

Quote:
I'm a good looking guy and I work out alot so I have fairly large arms..she made it clear she wanted to hook up and I'm completely fine with that.. I made it pretty clear I wanted her to come here.. She said I need to make a trip to see her before the camping trip and I said we could work something out then I said that she should just come to me.

Quote:
How can I turn it around to hook up with her?

She made the moves, bold ones, didn't really get much response back or certainly not in the manner she'd hoped for or more than likely expected. Then in addition to that, you now advise you were aware of her attentions and made it "pretty clear" if she wanted you she had to come to you. But, she asked "you" to got to her but you flogged that off and basically "told" her you want me, you come to me.

Do you think you can hook up with her now? I don't. A woman is still a woman. She still wants to feel important and special, you didn't do anything at all to make her feel that way, rather, photos check, nice body check, get over here I'm not coming to you, press the buzzer get lost looser.

That would be my take.

Hope you learnt your lesson for next time.
vikorr

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 03:12 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I agree with Found Soul, with the acknowledgement that your love interest is young...meaning she is likely more prone to changing her mind about how she feels about any given thing.

It looks like you will have to wait till the camp, and see what happens.

Were anything to happen earlier, then 'What to say' is difficult to say, because:
- conversations are fluid; and
- it's usually much more about how you say something, than what you say (The same words, said different ways, can produce profoundly different reactions).

For example, if she said 'Why did you take so long to call me', and you said 'Because I was a douche'...you can say that in a way that:
- puts yourself down & sounds cynical, and you can say that in a way that
- says 'I don't know what I was thinking -I'm normally sane' (in a way that doesn't show you devaluing yourself)...or you can say that in a way that
- makes you sound depressed and doormatlike.
Each will likely produce a different response in her.

Advice in this area can be a minefield. We're all human, and we make mistakes - that we learn from. Mistakes don't make us less worthwhile. Acknowledge what you've done, acknowledge that she has the right feel the way she feels, and still go about your life with empathy & self assurance.

P.S. Empathy and self assurance aren't incompatible (even when you've made a mistake)
Bigshot

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 04:49 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I am better in person I hate talking over the phone or texting I mess things up more over text/phone/Facebook.. I have been out of the single scene for a long time and don't know what woman want i always thought your suppose to be a challenge you know? Leave a little room for mystery all that b.s.. Ya I think I learned my lesson you guys gave some good advice..
Bigshot

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 04:52 pm
@vikorr,
She's 29... Not young not old. I will just wait til camping I don't think I'm gonna make anymore attempts at contacting her I already tried once.. When I talk in person I'm less likely to mess it up hah. Ya I see where I screwed it up now I honestly thought she wouldn't want me to just lay all the cards on the table but maybe she did? Whatever happened to playing hard to get?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 05:07 pm
@Bigshot ,
I think that you need to just see what a woman wants. Perhaps she doesn't think that she is worthy of a relationship or was burnt badly previously and is just using her hormones Smile

If she wanted a "date" I think she would have sent a really nice shot of herself that made you think mmm I wonder. As you say, "leave a little room for mystery" Who knows maybe she wants both but put out her own card at the time..

I think the bottom line is always respect a woman no matter what and you'll always do fine just miss a boat here and there Smile
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 07:46 pm
@Bigshot ,
Quote:
I honestly thought she wouldn't want me to just lay all the cards on the table but maybe she did? Whatever happened to playing hard to get?
Most people (both men & women) still want a challenge...but when a 29yr old woman sends you a photo of herself in a bikini...take that as her saying she would like you to contact her.

Playing 'hard to get' would be something like - Hey, sorry I took so long to get back to you - I was out on a camping trip with friends, and we made a pact to not take phones. It looked like you were having fun in the photos.

...ringing up with no similar reason for not calling sooner...
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 10:18 pm
@Bigshot ,
Before anyone gets too involved in this or any other Bigshot thread, you might want to take a look at this:

http://able2know.org/topic/247733-2#post-5700441

He had me going with his "I Can't Take It Anymore" thread. (http://able2know.org/topic/247735-1#post-5697550) I was really worried about the guy. Like I say in the linked post, this is the risk you run when you respond to people who seem to be looking for help in this forum. It's not really too much of a risk, but I, at least, like to think the people I respond to are sincerely asking for advice or help and not playing a strange game. I think Bigshot needs help, or maybe just a friend and I'm not dumping on him, but I also think you should be aware of his history.
0 Replies