Why are woman so confusing?

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 10:33 pm
So this woman was talking about wanting to come see me (she's my step sisters friend) she lives in Vegas I live in Cali. We met at my step bros wedding and hit it off pretty good. She then hit me up on Fb sent me some pics and was saying how we should hang out before this family trip a couple months down the road. She gave me her number(didnt ask for it) waited a couple days to text her and she never got back to me? I'm thinking she might have been saying all this stuff when she was drinking and she regrets it what do you think?

fresco

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 11:42 pm
@Bigshot ,
Smile
"are woman" is certainly more confusing than " are women"!
Bigshot

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 11:53 pm
@fresco,
Ahh grammar nazi..lol..
fresco

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 12:16 am
@Bigshot ,
Nah....merely one response more than you are likely to get !

(BTW If you check out my ESL comments they will show I am anything but a "Grammar Nazi")
Bigshot

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 12:27 am
@fresco,
Ya pretty much talkin to myself on this fourm..
roger

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 12:38 am
@Bigshot ,
As opposed to. . . ?
Bigshot

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 12:49 am
@roger,
As opposed to talking to myself? I'm not really clear on your question
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 01:02 am
@Bigshot ,
Bigshot, I will tell you the first main reason I hesitated in replying to your question, and that is because you started it with 'So'.

It is a fashionable trend go do this, I know, but each time I see it I find it distracts me and my mind starts wandering off and wondering why this trend has come about. Just a personal thing, but I find it hard to take 'so' people seriously.
Ya is not a word I am familiar with. It sounds like German for yes, or how a chinless aristocrat speaking English would say yes, but again, it makes me think twice about taking you seriously.

Then there is the question itself.

Apart from the fact that you were rude in waiting a few days before texting her after she'd given you her number, how the hell do you expect us, a group of random strangers who have neither met you nor your dreamboat, have any clue as to why she has not replied?

Your lateness in contacting her is probably the reason. You were probably doing the 'acting cool' bit, and she just thought that you were either being rude and intentionally humiliating her, or that you were playing cool, and were therefore an idiot.

She is now, when she sees your attempts at contact, probably having that song go around her head which starts "Mr Bigshot, who do you think you are?".

So, good enough answer for you? Ya?
Bigshot

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 01:10 am
@Lordyaswas,
I wasn't trying to play it cool it just seems like you should at least wait a little bit to not come across "desperate" if she thinks I am a jerk this is not the case Im not claiming to be a great guy I have many flaws I am aware of but not a jerk... And as far as the name bigshot my dad and mom use to call me that growing up because I was a runt.. Not me thinking I'm a bigshot because I don't.. And yes your answer was good thanks for the response.
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 01:14 am
@Bigshot ,
This thing about not wanting to come across as desperate has probably nipped in the bud a few million potential happy relationships over the past few decades.

Whatever happened to being a gentleman, and considering the ladies feelings?
Bigshot

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 01:19 am
@Lordyaswas,
I am a gentleman just don't always do things the right way does that really make me a bad guy? That is considering her feelings if I did what I wanted to do I would have talked to her that same night. Oh we'll I think I'm probably better off single anyway
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 01:26 am
@Bigshot ,
Next time, I would forget all the cool and desperate nonsense, and reply in good time. Be polite, funny if possible, and friendly.

I'm not saying reply within thirty seconds, but certainly don't leave it a few days.
Imagine how she felt. Both of you online, she gives you her number, kmowing that you will read it pretty much straight away, and then..... and then...... nothing.
Within an hour she's feeling like a total idiot. How do you thonk she feels after two whole days?
Bigshot

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 01:31 am
@Lordyaswas,
Thanks for the advice.. Ya I screwed it up I didn't think of it In that way I'm a guy sometimes we are clueless. I might be able to redeem myself when we go camping.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 02:05 am
@Bigshot ,
I have a curious nature. What sort of pictures did she send you on face-book as (1) and (2) how did you respond to them and in what time frame.

I do agree with Lordy that waiting 2 days to text when she's already made a move (after the wedding, so she wasn't drinking then) is too long, as she has communicated and sent you her number. She was assertive.

But, you still may be able to redeem yourself Smile

Bigshot

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 02:12 am
@FOUND SOUL,
She sent me one of her in a bikini she has a really nice body.. Again trying to play it cool I wasn't acting overly impressed just gave her a simple compliment and I responded within an hour as I was working out during the conversation so wasnt lookin at my phone most of the time
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 02:36 am
@Bigshot ,
I don't know if you are tall dark and handsome Smile

But, any woman that sends a photo of themselves in a bikini that shows off her body so quickly is forward, being assertive and in my opinion does want to "hang out" not date..

Sounds like she wanted your body and as you provided a "simple compliment" and didn't text her for a couple of days, she figgered you didn't find her hot.

I can't see how she was after getting to know you, she was very forward and I suspected the photo was some what a bit risqué.

That's how I see it and now it depends on what you texted back. Sounds as if maybe you thought "date" and she thought "sex"... Just quietly.

Sooo what did you text?
vikorr

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 05:52 am
@Bigshot ,
Quote:
she sent me one of her in a bikini she has a really nice body..
So she sent you a picture of her in a bikini...showing off her body to you - this is like a sledgehammer clue.

...and you waited days to reply...

Interpretation: pfft, don't think much of your body. I don't even know why you sent it to me.

And you say women are confusing - it seems you started it, with confusing her. Yep...way to play it cool

P.S. you don't have to go ga ga...but you should at least have called her early and said 'it looked like you were having fun' (or some such), made some funny / light hearted conversation, camping should be fun, yeah we should catch up a little earlier etc.
Bigshot

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 07:57 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Definatly not tall only 5'8 I have been told by woman I'm a good looking guy and I work out alot so I have fairly large arms..she made it clear she wanted to hook up and I'm completely fine with that.. I made it pretty clear I wanted her to come here.. She said I need to make a trip to see her before the camping trip and I said we could work something out then I said that she should just come to me. How can I turn it around to hook up with her?
Bigshot

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 07:58 am
@vikorr,
Ok well do you think there is anything I could say to turn it around?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 10:08 am
@Lordyaswas,
'So' and 'OK, so ......'