I'm not sure if she likes me?

bobsal u1553115

Sat 21 Jun, 2014 03:39 pm
This guy is an ass.
Bigshot

Sat 21 Jun, 2014 03:40 pm
@jespah,
Looks like I may have to adjust my dating style.. I normally don't have problems asking woman out its just she's at work and it seems a litttle unprofessional for me to put her on the spot I don't wanna do that either
Bigshot

Sat 21 Jun, 2014 03:47 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Nah man you're just a butch
0 Replies

jespah

Sat 21 Jun, 2014 03:52 pm
@Bigshot ,
Then start by talking. Not a date, not asking out. Pleasantries, that sort of thing.
0 Replies

milimi

Sun 22 Jun, 2014 03:07 am
@Ragman,
Hello,

Could you please explain to me the meaning of " fergawsake" ?

Thank you.
mi_li_mi
Ragman

Sun 22 Jun, 2014 03:23 am
@milimi,
It's a phonetic rendering (how it sounds if spoken aloud) version of the phrase 'for God's sake'.
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Sun 22 Jun, 2014 04:48 am
@ehBeth,
How is having drinks a step too far? You can always ask someone out to a restaurant that serve drinks as in an Outback, or some local restaurant. I think sometimes having light to moderate alcohol along with food can lighten up things. Sometimes going to coffee places like Starbucks tends to be very loud especially if they're busy so you really do not have a chance to engage the person.
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Sun 22 Jun, 2014 04:50 am
@jespah,
How are drinks 100% a date. I have had dates at coffee shops before (in fact I invited my ex-girlfriend to Starbucks for our first date) I think it depends on the perspective of both consenting parties. I think its all about how you ask.....Maybe because I'm younger than some of the ladies here but I've went to bars on our campus and didn't perceive it to be a date. In some cases, it was, but if I'm asking a woman out, I'll come out and tell the woman "hey you want to go on a date?"
jespah

Sun 22 Jun, 2014 07:47 am
@Buttermilk,
If a guy asked me for coffee (I am married, BTW), I would probably say, "Sure." If he asked me for drinks, I would immediately consider that hitting on me, I would flash my wedding ring and ask if he didn't mind my husband joining us.

I will concede that there may be cultural and regional differences in interpretation. However, drinks are more expensive and the parties are a tad more vulnerable.

BTW if I were at a bar (for whatever weird reason, as I don't go to 'em), and some guy bought me a drink, I would think he wanted something more from me than my sparkling conversation. He would have to backpedal - a lot - to convince me otherwise. This does not apply to a guy buying a round for a group of people I'm in. But one on one? That's courting behavior.
Buttermilk

Sun 22 Jun, 2014 07:56 am
@jespah,
To highlight what you said:

"I will concede that there may be cultural and regional differences in interpretation. However, drinks are more expensive and the parties are a tad more vulnerable."

I think the bold key. It depends on where you live because in some cities and even on college campuses asking someone for a drink doesn't necessarily constitute as a date. If you live in a college town as I do sometimes asking someone out to a bar or even a restaurant that serve spirits to watch a ball game may just be an outing. Like for instance I'm a Cowboys fan, and if my perspective mate is a Redskins fan, I may invite her out just to have fun and jeer her team. But I see your point. I guess different strokes for different folks.

BTW you think alcohol is expensive have you seen how much coffee costs nowadays? That is why I stopped going to Starbucks it's getting ridiculous!
jespah

Sun 22 Jun, 2014 08:19 am
@Buttermilk,
I live in a college city. Smile
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 25 Jun, 2014 08:36 pm
@Bigshot ,
Bigshot wrote:

So there is this front receptionist chick at my gym she always smiles and try's to get me to stay and talk. Anyway sometimes I see her working out and we don't really say much to eachother. Anyway today we was saying how I look mad and like I don't want to talk at the gym so she said she just leaves me alone. I do want to talk to her I'm just nervous to talk to her I'm not sure why either she's a pretty down to earth woman. Maybe one day I will get the balls to ask her out for some drinks lol..

So there is this guy who calls himself Bigshot who started a thread one day earlier than this one called "I Can't Take It Anymore" and which started off with this:

The other Bigshot wrote:
I hate who I have become I use to be a good guy and I used to have a good life my life has gone to shot since my ex left me. I am doing things I wouldn't have done in a million years if I was with her.. I hate myself not a day goes by where I don't wanna kill myself.. I bought a 45. A couple months ago hoping to get the nerve to kill myself I just can't do it every time I have the gun to my head I think about my family..no body and I mean nobody knows how I feel every ******* day I just want to die.. How can I fix this I'm completely lost I want a happy normal life but I just can't go back to being me. I'm an alcoholic I'm a drug abuser I'm a bad person I hate myself so much. I daydream about killing myself all the time..

We must have given you damned good advice on how to drag yourself out of your pit of suicidal despair, if one day you can be moaning about wanting to kill yourself, and the next you can be tossing out this one about a smiley receptionist chick.

I guess this is just the risk of taking people who claim to be looking for help seriously. You never know when it's just some lonely guy desperate for attention.

Let me give you some more advice Bigshot, you don't have to create phony tales about being a wreck to get people to communicate with you. And if the only thing you want to talk about here is yourself, you're not going to have a lot of company for long. Especially when you post comments like these to the people who you've suckered in to give you advice:

Biggie wrote:
Hah ya ok man you look like you have never even been with a woman get the **** outa here

Biggie wrote:
Coffee and donuts? I'm not in high school anymore

Biggie wrote:
Yea **** you

Biggie wrote:
Hah alright I should have known this thing is full of single faggots lol

I have to cut you a tiny bit of slack though, since some of your crap was directed at big hearted bobsal, who apparently comes to these advice threads to kick someone whose down in the nuts.

bobbi wrote:
Doesn't like you? She loathes you! Buy a freaking clue fer crisakes.

I didn't notice, in your "I'm Going to Kill Myself " thread, did bobsal try and help you out by telling you where to aim your gun?

Man, there are some real beauties out there.

Romeo Fabulini

Wed 25 Jun, 2014 09:51 pm
Hey Bigshot, all us guys are in the same boat as you, we don't know how serious a woman is if she smiles at us, so all we can do is play it by ear and smile back and just make a brief bit of small talk.
If she's really interested you'll probably eventually be able to tell, but like I said play it by ear..Smile
0 Replies

Bigshot

Fri 4 Jul, 2014 11:04 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Honestly man you have no ******* clue about my life I do have suicidal thoughts that come and go through the day an I will probably never tell gamut or friends the real pain that I feel daily. I just wish people like you would think before putting me on blast.. You don't know my addictions issues past bullsihit that that I replay in my head throughout the night.. But ya you can o ahead an believe what you will sure I'm just seeking attention from people I will never see. If I wanted attention I would be telling my family how yes on a daily basis I want to put a bullet in my head.
0 Replies