Name that Radio/tv show

fealola

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 08:11 pm
I'll have to think about that one! Anybody else out there??
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 08:23 pm
Hint: The primary character's last name was Body.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 08:28 pm
g104, welcome to A2K! You and Walter are definitely older than me and I'm no spring chicken!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 08:31 pm
Hey, gl, I am over sixty. Welcome to a2k. You wouldn't happen to know who my clue refers to would you?
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 08:36 pm
It's interesting, you are not THAT much older than me, edgar. But in the fifties and sixties, 5 or 10 years could be a whole other generation. You got out of the navy a year befor I graduated from high school. Now I think the cultures of different generations are more similar over a longer time gap.

Oy, what am I saying? I think you may know what I mean.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 08:42 pm
Yeah. I think we have more in common as we age. Those more than 5 or ten years younger have less common experience to draw from.

Second hint: In the last season of this show, the network divided its time with two other shows. One week it was "Sugarfoot" the next "Bronco Lane" and then the one in question.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 08:45 pm
ooo! ooo!

Cheyanne! (can't spell!)

If I'm right, do another one. I'm about to get busy!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 08:53 pm
Cheyenne, it was.

New hint: This radio series about a girl was spawned off a Martin and Lewis movie.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 07:15 pm
edited out
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 07:28 pm
Whoa, Edgar. Patience, my friend. That's a long journey back to the Fifties. I'd say that's got to be My Friend Irma.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 08:29 pm
Yes, patience, Edgar! It is the weekend, you know! Raggedy, I'm glad you have found this thread!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 08:32 pm
Not the crapper we want to play but it is so hard to get the old brain cells going. When I took care of my father-in-law for a year, 1998, he listened to audio tapes of all the good oldies but it is still hard to remember without any sound.

The theme songs always helped me remember.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 08:34 pm
Thank you, Fealola. I'm glad too. Very Happy
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 08:35 pm
I'll keep that in mind, Joanne!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 09:10 pm
My friend Irma was correct.
Sorry if I seem overly impatient. There's something about grappling with editors that puts me in an off state. I never quite see their point in relation to mine.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 06:01 am
Aah, Edgar, I meant you should be patient with the progress of this fun game, not with other pressing matters. Very Happy

Here's a Radio show I remember:

A dissonant chord on the organ, a doorknob turning and then a creaking door slowly opening. It's host was called "Raymond".
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 06:09 am
"Inner Sanctum"- I LOVED that show! Very Happy

http://www.mult-sclerosis.org/news/Sep2001/RaymondEJohnson.html
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 06:12 am
Yes to Inner Sanctum, Phoenix. It used to scare the bejeepers out of me. Very Happy I loved it when Boris Karloff and Peter Lorre guest starred.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 06:21 am
Which radio show used Saint Saen's, "le Rouet d'Omphale", as its theme music?

I am so excited. I wanted to post a link to the music. The part that was in the radio show is not at the beginning of the piece. Because of that, the audio clips on Amazon does not reach the part that I wanted you all to hear.

Anyhow, I surfed around, and came up with the Naxos site. You have to register (free), but they have clips of entire pieces of classical music. Ah, serendipity! Very Happy

http://www.naxos.com/naxos/naxos_marco_polo.htm
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 07:37 am
Phoenix: I didn't log in because I'm not too sure about that tool bar stuff I have to do, (cookies) and would rather wait until I'm more familiar with my Windows XP. Sad

But, I'll wager a guess. Might it be "Suspense". I never saw it on TV, but I did listen to it on radio and I'm thinking Saint Saens.
0 Replies