8
   

China Has an Invalid Government

 
 
One Eyed Mind
 
  -3  
Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2014 02:17 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I'm pretty sure they all have stockholme syndrome.
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2014 02:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
OEM seems confused about the governments impact on society.


This part of your sentence is redundant.

cicerone imposter wrote:
about the governments impact on society.
cicerone imposter
 
  2  
Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2014 04:30 pm
@izzythepush,
How would 'you' express the idea?
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 12:30 am
@cicerone imposter,
OEM seems confused. (I'd probably change seems to is.)
cicerone imposter
 
  2  
Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 12:49 am
@izzythepush,
Okay.
0 Replies
 
One Eyed Mind
 
  -2  
Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 04:20 am
@izzythepush,
Excuse me for speaking my mind about the current state of our civilization despite having 400,000 years to learn from trial and error in a world that consists of denial blacker than our futures.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  0  
Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 12:28 pm
Hong Kong (CNN) -- Authorities and pro-democracy demonstrators in Hong Kong remain at loggerheads as protests continued into Monday, the day the government has set as a deadline to clear the streets....
Walter Hinteler
 
  2  
Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 12:40 pm
@Brandon9000,
Well, the Hongkong Government uses the same tactics as others used against the Occupy movement.
Brandon9000
 
  0  
Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 12:52 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Well, the Hongkong Government uses the same tactics as others used against the Occupy movement.

Protesters in America may be arrested for acts of violence, for obstructing a public roadway, or for seizing the private property of another person, but not for assembling itself, or for speaking itself, or for petitioning the government for redress of grievances in itself. These three exceptions are perfectly reasonable in a free society. In the case of Hong Kong, however, the assembly and speech themselves are what the government has ordered stopped. This is an immense difference and it's sad that you can't see it. In Tienanmen Square, the Chinese government deliberately killed the protesters. Congratulations on being an apologist for dictators.
Walter Hinteler
 
  3  
Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 12:57 pm
@Brandon9000,
I don't get what I might have written that I'm an apologist for dictators.

Could you please source it?

(The world is a bit larger than the USA: the Occupy Movement was - and partly still is - active with protests in over 82 countries, not just in USA.)
Brandon9000
 
  0  
Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 04:28 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I don't get what I might have written that I'm an apologist for dictators.

Could you please source it?

(The world is a bit larger than the USA: the Occupy Movement was - and partly still is - active with protests in over 82 countries, not just in USA.)

The part of this that isn't irrelevant is that China doesn't allow, and often suppresses brutally, free speech, unsanctioned assembly, and dissent, and in my opinion, that's bad.
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 05:08 pm
@Brandon9000,

Quote:
Rubber bullets were fired at people who remained on West Florissant. One young man, who had his arms aloft in the "hands up – don't shoot" gesture that has come to define these protests, was shot several times. After he fell to the ground, he was pounced on by several officers.

"They hit me on the hand with a teargas bomb," said Tony Giegers, 27. "It exploded on me kind of like buckshot. It sprayed everywhere. It hit me there on my hand and burned my hand. It's burning right now, it's burning up." His friend DeJuan, 19, said he was struck in the right leg.

A highly visible camera crew for al-Jazeera America reporting on the clashes said that they, too, were shot at with rubber bullets. The Guardian watched as a gas canister was fired directly at them as they attempted to record a piece to camera. The crew and their presenter fled.

"The police are responding with force, which you can understand to a certain degree," said Justin, a 29-year-old protester. "But this amount of force was unwarranted. This is an abuse of force. No one is firing guns at them or running at them. This is an overreach.


http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/14/ferguson-police-teargas-rubber-bullets-michael-brown

Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 05:21 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:


Quote:
Rubber bullets were fired at people who remained on West Florissant. One young man, who had his arms aloft in the "hands up – don't shoot" gesture that has come to define these protests, was shot several times. After he fell to the ground, he was pounced on by several officers.

"They hit me on the hand with a teargas bomb," said Tony Giegers, 27. "It exploded on me kind of like buckshot. It sprayed everywhere. It hit me there on my hand and burned my hand. It's burning right now, it's burning up." His friend DeJuan, 19, said he was struck in the right leg.

A highly visible camera crew for al-Jazeera America reporting on the clashes said that they, too, were shot at with rubber bullets. The Guardian watched as a gas canister was fired directly at them as they attempted to record a piece to camera. The crew and their presenter fled.

"The police are responding with force, which you can understand to a certain degree," said Justin, a 29-year-old protester. "But this amount of force was unwarranted. This is an abuse of force. No one is firing guns at them or running at them. This is an overreach.


http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/14/ferguson-police-teargas-rubber-bullets-michael-brown

Not a very powerful argument. There have been thousands and thousands of peaceful protests in America that did not draw a violent response from police. You mention one that did in a situation in which it's even not clear whether the police were responding to violence. China doesn't allow protest marches period.
One Eyed Mind
 
  -3  
Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 05:36 pm
@Brandon9000,
Yes, Brandon.

Thank you for making that point.

People like izzy are just mad at life. Did you know izzy lost his wife? Poor guy, but his hatred will not go unnoticed. You'd think someone who lost someone would spend the rest of their life living a better life.

So izzy sees one bad event from the thousands of good events, just like people call one plane not killing anyone a miracle, while ignoring the other thousand tragic events. Izzy can't help but see the 1% of good, to compensate for the 99% of the bad. The man is on tilt.
Brandon9000
 
  0  
Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 08:15 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:
Yes, Brandon.

Thank you for making that point.

People like izzy are just mad at life. Did you know izzy lost his wife? Poor guy, but his hatred will not go unnoticed. You'd think someone who lost someone would spend the rest of their life living a better life.

So izzy sees one bad event from the thousands of good events, just like people call one plane not killing anyone a miracle, while ignoring the other thousand tragic events. Izzy can't help but see the 1% of good, to compensate for the 99% of the bad. The man is on tilt.

If what you say is true, I think it is so private that we shouldn't refer to it at all.
Walter Hinteler
 
  2  
Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 10:53 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Walter Hinteler wrote:
I don't get what I might have written that I'm an apologist for dictators.

Could you please source it?

(The world is a bit larger than the USA: the Occupy Movement was - and partly still is - active with protests in over 82 countries, not just in USA.)

The part of this that isn't irrelevant is that China doesn't allow, and often suppresses brutally, free speech, unsanctioned assembly, and dissent, and in my opinion, that's bad.
Yes, that's bad.

I asked you, however, where I wrote something which made me an apologist for dictators. Although you included it in the quotation within your response, you didn't answer my question,
izzythepush
 
  6  
Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 01:26 am
@Brandon9000,
I've got One Eyed Mind on ignore. Please don't cut and paste him, especially when he decides to talk about my late wife.

He's an attention seeking moron. He's now shown he's a piece of ****. Don't encourage him.
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 01:32 am
@Brandon9000,
It's a very recent example of clearly marked journalists being attacked by the security apparatus.

Nobody is claiming that China treats its protesters better than the West, but you can't turn a blind eye to your own country's wrongs.

Living in glass houses, stones, and all that.
One Eyed Mind
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 04:17 am
@Brandon9000,
Izzy said it publically; if it was private, I would not have said it. It's public data now, and I wouldn't have to bring it up, if Izzy wasn't so disrespectful to his dead wife by living his life in anger towards strangers. Let's face it, the man is living his life in fear - just look at what he believes in; he believes in conspiracy theories. The man has an anger problem, and I hope that he can solve it one day. I don't like watching people suffer to their own poison. The fact that he reacts to my posts the way he does, despite the fact I am the one who is manning the truth on this site and telling everyone how everything "is" (like calling him out on his terrible attitude), is in the same way a mother yells at her child; when the child says something that's true about the terrible mother, the mother says "don't make this about me". People are so desperate, that they don't realize that by trying to look good, you're looking worse than people who know they don't look good.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  0  
Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 04:32 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Walter Hinteler wrote:
I don't get what I might have written that I'm an apologist for dictators.

Could you please source it?

(The world is a bit larger than the USA: the Occupy Movement was - and partly still is - active with protests in over 82 countries, not just in USA.)

The part of this that isn't irrelevant is that China doesn't allow, and often suppresses brutally, free speech, unsanctioned assembly, and dissent, and in my opinion, that's bad.
Yes, that's bad.

I asked you, however, where I wrote something which made me an apologist for dictators. Although you included it in the quotation within your response, you didn't answer my question,

You said this:

Walter Hinteler wrote:

Well, the Hongkong Government uses the same tactics as others used against the Occupy movement.


This was your sole response to my comment about what's happening in Hong Kong. It was not accompanied by a criticism of what China is doing. It sounds like you're saying, that the Chinese treatment of peaceful demonstrators is not so bad, and not different from the way America or Europe treat peaceful demonstrations, which is certainly false.
 

Related Topics

T'Pring is Dead - Discussion by Brandon9000
Another Calif. shooting spree: 4 dead - Discussion by Lustig Andrei
Friends don't let friends fat-talk - Discussion by hawkeye10
Before you criticize the media - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Fatal Baloon Accident - Discussion by 33export
The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie - Discussion by bobsal u1553115
Robin Williams is dead - Discussion by Butrflynet
 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 09/28/2022 at 06:54:49