How do you feel about a membership fee for A2K?

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 11:55 am
@neologist,
Funny how that ISP doesn't have these problems with any other site, Genius.
neologist

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 12:05 pm
@Setanta,
That is a mystery to me then. I can take my laptop anywhere and usually log in with no problem.

But as you say, I am no genius. Perhaps someone else can offer a suitable explanation. I don't think it's a2k, though.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 12:08 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

OSSBUCO: Do you remember, when you not only called me a racist, but also called me an anti-semite? I do.

What did you do, when you found out I was a Jewish woman?

Weird. I always thought you were a clueless, out of touch, and partially-unglued male of the Jewish persuasion. Female? Not sure how to process that new info given your weird Boston-hybrid conservative politics. No wonder you don't feel comfortable moving Alabama or North Carolina or Texas where your brand of conservatism would be welcome but your religion and gender ... not so much.

BTW: And yes, there is such a thing as a Jewish person who is also an anti-semite. The two things aren't mutually exclusive:
The Believer (2001) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0247199/combined
chai2

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 12:13 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Weird. I always thought you were a clueless, out of touch, and partially-unglued male of the Jewish persuasion. Female? Not sure how to process that new info given your weird Boston-hybrid conservative politics.

I somehow knew Miller was a woman, but I sure agree with the rest of your assessment.

For all the response you get from her, I feel like I'm talking to a shoe box.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 12:53 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
BTW: And yes, there is such a thing as a Jewish person who is also an anti-semite.
The two things aren't mutually exclusive:
The Believer (2001) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0247199/combined
I have not seen the movie.
It seems like an oxymoronic contradiction-in-terms.
Any words of explanation ?
Real Music

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 01:07 pm
I like sharing questions and having discussions on limitless topics with other people on the site. It makes a good hobby. I am not willing to pay for it. I would simply stop participating on the site.
Miller

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 02:02 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

I like sharing questions and having discussions on limitless topics with other people on the site. It makes a good hobby. I am not willing to pay for it.

If you don't want to pay $$, that's OK. You'll still be loved.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 02:25 pm
@chai2,
Unless she needs to insult you. But in this case, maybe I insulted her (I think it's a her) first, probably early when she was going on and on about blacks in Chicago. I don't keep notes on that stuff. There are more than a few names she has used. I remember tradesies going on.

She is a doctor, a pharmacist, a lawyer, whoknowswhat, depends on the post. Maybe she is a lab dishwasher but that would knock them. Some of my best friends were lab dishwashers, remembered well. (I know the connotation of that sentence.) There was the dutch guy med student, now eminent whatsit, so smart and funny in revolutionary times at uni; there was the female brain wave early vegetarian, we all loved her, and she ended up doing tv anchoring and newspaper editing; there was the helper who had black hands sometimes since she took too much aspirin because of her volleyball issues and who became a dentist; there was the vietnamese (as in, from Vietnam) young woman of great parisian style who later got a doctorate at cal tech, who checked in the samples, and the mentioned before guy from Eritrea who did that too. All of them super, so I'll skip lab helper as a career for Kak.

Oh, I never did find out you are a jewish woman. I don't routinely read your stuff. But I did guess that at some point. Was I right?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 02:33 pm
@ossobuco,
(I await kak calling me a drunk)
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 02:39 pm
@Miller,
Real Music wrote:
I like sharing questions and having discussions on limitless topics
with other people on the site. It makes a good hobby. I am not willing to pay for it.
Miller wrote:
We love u too, Dr. Miller.

David
Miller

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 02:43 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Real Music wrote:
I like sharing questions and having discussions on limitless topics
with other people on the site. It makes a good hobby. I am not willing to pay for it.
Miller wrote:
We love u too, Dr. Miller.
David

I love you too, David. Smile
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 02:52 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
there was the helper who had black hands sometimes
since she took too much aspirin because of her volleyball issues
U can get black hands from aspirin????
There was a time, years ago, when I was taking maybe 3O or 4O aspirin a day
against headaches, and as a blood thinner. It had a negative effect on my hearing
sometimes, but my hands remained white (or a tanned variation thereof). U sure ???

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 02:55 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
(I await kak calling me a drunk)
In light of the fact that she has denied being Dr. KAK,
Y not take her word for it ?

David
Miller

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 03:02 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
David, aspirin can cause ringing in your ears, when dosed at high concentrations. It's due primarily to the salicylate.

If you have severe pain, you may get an Rx for salicylate, and then the ringing and several other side effects may result such as a coma-like spell, especially if you are Senior or advanced in age and have poor kidney function and hydration.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 04:08 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Would an Ashkenazi Jew who hated Sephardic Jews be an antisemite?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 04:12 pm
@Miller,
There is no moderation on this site regardless of whether there are any moderator or not.
djjd62

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 04:20 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

There is no moderation on this site regardless of whether there are any moderator or not.

the more times you say something, doesn't make it any more true
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 05:24 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Yeah, but you weren't at the beach hitting volleyballs as hard as you possibly could on your weekends..

Bleeding happens.

I saw her hands, scary,
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 05:26 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
No, never, I was there watching back then too.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 05:48 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
No.
0 Replies